Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Ermahgerd.jpg

Alright @DeerPark12 it’s the offseason. Time for me to put out the bat signal and bug you about potential uniform news for the 2023 season. What’s you got ?
View attachment 550798

UT will switch to the newest Nike template either this year or next, the average fan won’t notice a difference. No idea what this year‘s edition of the Smokey Grey looks like, helmet will be the same, from what I understand. Dark mode still there, shouldn’t be any other noticeable changes.

UT will switch to the newest Nike template either this year or next, the average fan won’t notice a difference. No idea what this year‘s edition of the Smokey Grey looks like, helmet will be the same, from what I understand. Dark mode still there, shouldn’t be any other noticeable changes.
Please tell us the Orange Helmets from the USCjr debacle sleep with the fishes in the TENNESSEE River, along side the Goal Post from the Alabama Triumph??!!

Thanks . I thought Dark Mode was done after this past year. I guess they wanted to bring it back. Is there a chance we ever get a throwback of feaux back uniform?

Thanks . I thought Dark Mode was done after this past year. I guess they wanted to bring it back. Is there a chance we ever get a throwback of feaux back uniform?

It was supposed to be a one-and-done in 2021, but plans changed. Nike isn’t a big fan of that, but they work for UT ultimately.

You’ll get a throwback, but it’ll probably be another year or two. They are committed to a Smokey Grey design through 2024. The announcement was through 2025, but they can change that and shift to the “Tennessee Classic” series that UT announced back in January for basketball. I don’t see UT having more than four jersey designs in a year. So if you want a throwback, something else has to go.

Please tell us the Orange Helmets from the USCjr debacle sleep with the fishes in the TENNESSEE River, along side the Goal Post from the Alabama Triumph??!!

It’s difficult for me to see those coming out again, but they will have them available to use as a road game option this year.

It was supposed to be a one-and-done in 2021, but plans changed. Nike isn’t a big fan of that, but they work for UT ultimately.

You’ll get a throwback, but it’ll probably be another year or two. They are committed to a Smokey Grey design through 2024. The announcement was through 2025, but they can change that and shift to the “Tennessee Classic” series that UT announced back in January for basketball. I don’t see UT having more than four jersey designs in a year. So if you want a throwback, something else has to go.
Unless the throwback is the same as the 2004 UNLV game throwbacks, I don’t see what difference there would be. Our uniforms have been pretty much the same for 60 years

Unless the throwback is the same as the 2004 UNLV game throwbacks, I don’t see what difference there would be. Our uniforms have been pretty much the same for 60 years
Those jerseys were so damn awesome. If I recall correctly there was an issue where it had too much color at the top of the jersey for it to be considered either a home or away jersey so it had to be a 1 time thing. Although it was a home game, we wore it as a white jersey and UNLV wore red.

I'm excited to see how the expand off the smokey grey. It's been out best alt jersey so far, but I think there's room for improvement.

Thanks for the updates DP. One other question, non uniform related. Ive heard that college football might start setting times for all the games in advance of the season, similar to the NFL. Is there any truth to this? I really hope that there isn’t .

Thanks for the updates DP. One other question, non uniform related. Ive heard that college football might start setting times for all the games in advance of the season, similar to the NFL. Is there any truth to this? I really hope that there isn’t .

The commissioner and some schools would like to see it that way, with the ability to “flex“ like the NFL does to put good games in the prime time slot.

I don’t think you’ll ultimately see every game get a firm start time in the preseason, but I think once ESPN/ABC takes over the entire TV contract next year you will see a time assigned to almost every game in the preseason, with the ability to change the start times on a limited basis around team performance. Though I would hate it because my favorite fall lunch time tradition on Mondays is to eat my lunch at the sports bar across from my office building while listening to the weekly press conference waiting for the game time announcements, but coming in for games from out of town, I would like the certainty of knowing what games I can drive to day of, and which games I need to come up on Friday. It would be easier and probably cheaper to know that in July rather than two weeks before.

VN Store

Back