Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I’m sure Bama winning multiple nattys helps recruiting too
I mean before they won titles. Saban showed up and immediately started hauling in top 5 classes. Saban didn't win a conference or national title until year 3. Urban was in control of the SEC during Saban's first couple years there, until he ran him off.

I agree - once he had reeled in multiple titles, recruiting is basically on autopilot. Saban would never admit that, but it basically is.

Guys FWIW I heard the uniform we wear during the WV game is going to be "All Black including the Helmet"...... in my head that is

Or 2016 Florida. That game will be remembered for a little while since it broke the streak. I'm sure people 10 years from now will be like "wait, what were we wearing?"
If I remember UF was in all white as well with some sort of throw back helmet. Just a bizarre combination of uniforms for both teams

Agreed! Nike makes better jerseys than Adidas. I just like the double stripes on the pants.

I usually prefer Adidas apparel. But the Nike uniforms look better. It's not really close. I'm betting we'll see no stripe next year. We seem to be going back to the Fulmer era uniform. Which is fine for the most part. As long as they don't do the weird super wide stripe I'm good. Just going to have to hold my nose on the black cleats and outline I guess.

The recruiting landscape has changed dramatically over the last 10-15 years. Unfortunately, uniforms matter, so I say bring on the alternates and push the taste envelop as much as possible
I disagree, bama don't have no problem with their players not liking their uniforms. If your not playing good in them it don't matter what you wear. Every once in a while fine, but Tennessee brand should sell itself and it does. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: tbwhhs and Pacer92

VN Store

Back