Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

F11FecpWIAAdch6

Looks like Peay got some new Script logo helmets...............

That pretty much means that they can’t do anything other than not wear them. Right?

UT has committed to wearing the on-field version of the alternate that is in stores.

UT had also committed to wearing the Grey basketball jersey last spring, but ultimately didn’t because of a request by the scheduled opponent to have a “blackout” game. So I guess there is always hope if you don’t like them.

I don’t mind the jersey too much except for the numbers on the sleeve. I’m sure it will look much better when we see it on the players…I hope.

I just wish we’d do the Smokey Gray helmet with all orange uniforms—now THAT would look nice.

Attachments

• F963D246-5EBE-4860-9C98-6789D5D08E03.jpeg
    F963D246-5EBE-4860-9C98-6789D5D08E03.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 54
UT has committed to wearing the on-field version of the alternate that is in stores.

UT had also committed to wearing the Grey basketball jersey last spring, but ultimately didn’t because of a request by the scheduled opponent to have a “blackout” game. So I guess there is always hope if you don’t like them.
I don’t hate them, they’re not my favorite at all, and I’m certainly not against alternates. I just think they missed the opportunity to do the jerseys they did in’04 vs UNLV. I’m wondering if they wanted to roll them out in a big game like South Carolina or aTm and are now bring them out for Austin Peay or something .

Sorry to keep bombarding you w/ questions, but I’m guessing that there are multiple uniform options brought to the table by Nike. Does Heupel ultimately decide w/ DW on uniform decisions when it comes to new additions like the Smoky Greys?

I know……but he’s pretty good and his TE just committed to the Peay yesterday…..and their 3* WR has us in his final 3……
Well it sounds like he has an important choice to make. A real "pickle" if you will. :D

Last edited:

Which Saint should I address my prayers?

I just think they missed the opportunity to do the jerseys they did in’04 vs UNLV.

The Vols could come out in hot pink and green polka dots, and it would be a superior uniform to that abomination.

I’m wondering if they wanted to roll them out in a big game like South Carolina or aTm and are now bring them out for Austin Peay or something .

God, I hope not. We'd be a laughingstock. Those uniforms are the textbook definition of ugly.

This makes me wonder even more why the new retail version of the orange jersey has numbers on the sleeve… Just…dumb.

It doesn’t. The graphics that were sent to retailers to use for ordering purposes and later to use as website postings had the numbers on the sleeves, but the actual version that shipped is correct with numbers on the shoulders.

Reactions: OrangeEtBlanc
Sorry to keep bombarding you w/ questions, but I’m guessing that there are multiple uniform options brought to the table by Nike. Does Heupel ultimately decide w/ DW on uniform decisions when it comes to new additions like the Smoky Greys?

Tennessee has a branding committee made up of people from different areas of the athletics department that reviews uniform designs for various sports before they go to the coaches for final selection. Some coaches are more involved than others. I don’t know to what extent Josh Heupel is involved in selections, but he certainly would have seen them before final approval.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back