Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

No idea on the pants, other than they will also be Anthracite, like the body of the jersey. They're darker than the photo makes them look, it's not actually Smokey Grey, unless something has changed.
Thanks for the info Deerpark. I wish they would have a white jersey, orange letters, black outline, black pants, and the orange,black,white helmet from 2 years ago as a road game uni. I think it would be unique.

Reactions: Andy Pulley
We could’ve just had this and I would’ve been happy.

True. But the more "Traditionalists" would still complain. The most important part is if the kids like it. They are the ones wearing it. I mean honestly. Are the uniforms the teams wear going to stop you from buying or yelling and cheering them on? no

True. But the more "Traditionalists" would still complain. The most important part is if the kids like it. They are the ones wearing it. I mean honestly. Are the uniforms the teams wear going to stop you from buying or yelling and cheering them on? no
They can complain, but those unis are still part of our tradition .

giphy.gif

Reactions: volfaninky
I've seen at least one of our kids tweeting about it (he didn't seem to know that it had been selected yet) and his tweet wasn't positive....

Where's the proof they like them? Are the players going stop playing because they are asked to wear a traditional orange & white uniform? No

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwhhs
Where's the proof they like them? Are the players going stop playing because they are asked to wear a traditional orange & white uniform? No
Look at the uniform being worn by the recruit when he posts his commitment on social media.

Look at the uniform being worn by the recruit when he posts his commitment on social media.

They definitely like the black uniforms. Although, I did see Herring make a negative comment on these new ones. I think they went a little overboard w/ these. A simpler Grey concept would’ve been better than doing the shoulders orange.

Pause, i never said the players "LIKE" them. you took my sentence out of context alittle and thats more my fault. It was aimed at prior uniform reveals.

They definitely like the black uniforms. Although, I did see Herring make a negative comment on these new ones. I think they went a little overboard w/ these. A simpler Grey concept would’ve been better than doing the shoulders orange.
I'm not a huge fan either, but as long as they stick with some combination of orange, white, black, and grey, I can get on board.

I'm kind of over all the uniform gimmicks with stripings, two-tone shoulders, etc. I'm also pretty much over the black/gray fad but I'll say they at least look good with UT so I don't mind them. But these Smokey Gray uniforms leaked look terrible IMO. Maybe they look ok on the field. but why not just make a tradtional looking SG uniform like we had, just cleaning it up and making it more in line with the other uniforms (pants striping, helmet, etc.).

Most NFL and college teams are finally getting it and are going back to more traditional looks.

I'm kind of over all the uniform gimmicks with stripings, two-tone shoulders, etc. I'm also pretty much over the black/gray fad but I'll say they at least look good with UT so I don't mind them. But these Smokey Gray uniforms leaked look terrible IMO. Maybe they look ok on the field. but why not just make a tradtional looking SG uniform like we had, just cleaning it up and making it more in line with the other uniforms (pants striping, helmet, etc.).

Most NFL and college teams are finally getting it and are going back to more traditional looks.
In 2024 and 2025, you're going to get two more different SG uniforms as well. A new one each year until 2025.

Every program goes through an adolescent stage. Ours just seems to last longer than others.

VN Store

Back