Unconditional love

Some fans have unconditional love for Tennessee. I am one of those fans.

We don't take personal responsibility for decisions the administration makes. We don't take responsibility for calls the coaches make. We have opinions, and gripes, and concerns of course. But we don't have grand delusions that anything we say or do will make a difference in, well, anything.

We just love the Vols. We love dressing in orange. We love attending games. We love cheering til we're hoarse, win or lose.

We are the fans that showed up, and showed out, Saturday night. We are the fans that the announcers talked about. We are the fans that Pruitt talked about. And we are the fans who are all over social media supporting the Vols.

So feel free to take your stand in what ever manner you feel you need to. Boycott the games. Call yourself a nega-vol, and wear it like some kind of badge. Quit buying the stuff. Stop going to games. Say whatever you need to say, wherever you need to say it.

But don't think less of us just because we love the Vols. Because I promise you.....Saturday night we felt ALL the feels. And you missed out.

GO VOLS!!!
Nice!

Maybe we should institute a real-fan litmus test, so you guys can tell who is worthy.
Or may be should all just do what I am fixing to do and put your lame rear end on ignore again so I no longer have to read your skewed version of "fandom" again. Do not bother to waste your time responding; one because I truly do not care what drivel you you might post, two because I will not see it. I will continue to cheer for the VOLS as I have all along. Your disrespectful response to a true fan who was simply expressing how much she enjoyed being a true fan of the VOLS is beyond reproachable. Farewell.

We don't take personal responsibility for decisions the administration makes. We don't take responsibility for calls the coaches make. We have opinions, and gripes, and concerns of course. But we don't have grand delusions that anything we say or do will make a difference in, well, anything.

We just love the Vols. We love dressing in orange. We love attending games. We love cheering til we're hoarse, win or lose.

We are the fans that showed up, and showed out, Saturday night. We are the fans that the announcers talked about. We are the fans that Pruitt talked about. And we are the fans who are all over social media supporting the Vols.

So feel free to take your stand in what ever manner you feel you need to. Boycott the games. Call yourself a nega-vol, and wear it like some kind of badge. Quit buying the stuff. Stop going to games. Say whatever you need to say, wherever you need to say it.

But don't think less of us just because we love the Vols. Because I promise you.....Saturday night we felt ALL the feels. And you missed out.

GO VOLS!!!

Excuse me, I'll have what she's having!

Or may be should all just do what I am fixing to do and put your lame rear end on ignore again so I no longer have to read your skewed version of "fandom" again. Do not bother to waste your time responding; one because I truly do not care what drivel you you might post, two because I will not see it. I will continue to cheer for the VOLS as I have all along. Your disrespectful response to a true fan who was simply expressing how much she enjoyed being a true fan of the VOLS is beyond reproachable. Farewell.

I don’t think he meant “beyond reproachable”. Or maybe he did.

Seems mad though.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfannbama
I think he was just being facetious, due to my poor reply skills. BUT, back to the topic at hand... I see it as condescending...maybe it wasn’t meant to be, but it read they way to me.
Behr is rarely facetious. Oppositional maybe, irascible quite frequently, obtuse more often than not...but never facetious.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl

GO VOLS!!!

2CAE2408-AC6E-49B6-B9EF-9988158E577F.jpeg

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Sorry, I’m still figuring out how to post correctly, quote people, etc. My bad.
If you ignore the +Quote button and use the <-Reply button instead, it will quote (yes, I know, it's weird) the post that you're replying to and also alert the person who posted it.

The +Quote button is (I think) for multi-quoting. I gave up after a few abysmal attempts. Instead, I hit Reply while holding down the Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) key, which makes the quote open in a new tab. I do that for all the posts that I want to quote, umm, reply to. Then I copy/paste them all into one reply (aarrgghh) window and insert my own comment.

The one thing that a lot of people do when quoting replying is that they somehow manage to insert their cursor within the quoted box, and their comment gets garbled into the other person's. If you just check to be sure that your cursor is outside of the [ blah blah ] section, it should turn out ok.

And welcome to VN. I enjoy impassioned posts from intelligent members who aren't incoherent and/or A-holes. Therefore, I enjoy both Volly's and M-Boro's (Welcome back!!!!!) posts. I suppose that someone might pick up condescension where it wasn't actually there, just as I did at a post using "corny" as a description of other peoples' posts. And it can be hard to express enthusiasm for something you do or believe in without someone else taking it as a slight. Lots of people awfully touchy these days for a variety of reasons, many of them good reasons.

I sure don't do this always, or even often enough, but I try to remember two things:
1 - It's hard to convey tone in writing, including online. Foot-in-mouth disease runs rampant.
2 - "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." (not by Plato)

If you ignore the +Quote button and use the <-Reply button instead, it will quote (yes, I know, it's weird) the post that you're replying to and also alert the person who posted it.

The +Quote button is (I think) for multi-quoting. I gave up after a few abysmal attempts. Instead, I hit Reply while holding down the Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) key, which makes the quote open in a new tab. I do that for all the posts that I want to quote, umm, reply to. Then I copy/paste them all into one reply (aarrgghh) window and insert my own comment.

The one thing that a lot of people do when quoting replying is that they somehow manage to insert their cursor within the quoted box, and their comment gets garbled into the other person's. If you just check to be sure that your cursor is outside of the [ blah blah ] section, it should turn out ok.

And welcome to VN. I enjoy impassioned posts from intelligent members who aren't incoherent and/or A-holes. Therefore, I enjoy both Volly's and M-Boro's (Welcome back!!!!!) posts. I suppose that someone might pick up condescension where it wasn't actually there, just as I did at a post using "corny" as a description of other peoples' posts. And it can be hard to express enthusiasm for something you do or believe in without someone else taking it as a slight. Lots of people awfully touchy these days for a variety of reasons, many of them good reasons.

I sure don't do this always, or even often enough, but I try to remember two things:
1 - It's hard to convey tone in writing, including online. Foot-in-mouth disease runs rampant.
2 - "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." (not by Plato)
Thank you! I was wondering what I had done wrong when I tried to “quote”. Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: VolNExile
Thank you! I was wondering what I had done wrong when I tried to “quote”. Thanks for the welcome!
You did it!
biggrin2.gif

fireworks.gif

If it was ....OMG!!! Should we flog her and everyone that's ever been condescending on here? We can start with your new boyfriend.

Lol, I'm never facetious.
No...just obtuse.

VN Store

Back