Unbelievable amount of tickets for sale 2nd hand

People are selling tickets everywhere. It’s insane, I truly hope these folks selling upper deck $600 tickets for $2,000 a piece have to eat them…
People are selling tickets everywhere. It’s insane, I truly hope these folks selling upper deck $600 tickets for $2,000 a piece have to eat them…
It would be nice if you explained what you are talking about.

It would be nice if you explained what you are talking about.

Sorry, I suppose I could be more specific, I’m seeing football tickets for sell on social media for upward of $2,000 a paid for tickets that might run $450-$600 a piece for season tickets.

AKA people bought multiple season tickets and are flipping them for big profit and if love to see this not be a trend, those tickets should have gone unsold to let actual fans buy the various cheaper packages they do so they can attend games.

Why are you looking at prices right now? Looking at ticket prices before the season tickets are distributed is futile. The supply is nonexistent and the only people hawking tickets are scalpers or scalping companies that'll happily sell you a promise of a seat for 1000% markup.

Why are you looking at prices right now? Looking at ticket prices before the season tickets are distributed is futile. The supply is nonexistent and the only people hawking tickets are scalpers or scalping companies that'll happily sell you a promise of a seat for 1000% markup.

I’ve got my season tickets, just drives me crazy at the level of greed some folks have.

Well except season tickets have been distributed. That happened about 2 weeks ago. Any listings should be valid.

Welcome to capitalism. The secondary ticket market has exploded in the entertainment over the the years, esp since Covid. TN is wining so now we are a hot ticket.

I agree it’s frustrating which is why I try to sell my extra ticket at a reasonable price without gauging. I sold my Bama ticket for $300 last yr but people were asking and receiving up to $600 per.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
Sorry, I suppose I could be more specific, I’m seeing football tickets for sell on social media for upward of $2,000 a paid for tickets that might run $450-$600 a piece for season tickets.

AKA people bought multiple season tickets and are flipping them for big profit and if love to see this not be a trend, those tickets should have gone unsold to let actual fans buy the various cheaper packages they do so they can attend games.

Anyone could have purchased the 450-600 dollar tickets from UT. Am I right?

This is a good plan provided the team does well. If it doesn’t they won’t be able to give them away

I hate to be THAT guy but I have really good seats (upper deck 1st row), and can't go to more than 1 game this year due to kids sports schedules. I sold my season tickets in 36 hours for 3x what I paid for them. (4 seats plus seatbacks in around 2250 and sold for 7k).

My wife had been on me about money and I put them for sale that high based on the market and half way as a joke... figured I'd reduce them after a few weeks but didn't get the chance.

I'd much rather go to games and my youngest cried when we told her we wouldn't go to more than 1 or 2 games but we have a lot of debt to take care of and a $4,000 plus profit will help.

It is what it is. Some of us have to do something we don't want to. If we can get 3x what we paid... Why Not??

I hate to be THAT guy but I have really good seats (upper deck 1st row), and can't go to more than 1 game this year due to kids sports schedules. I sold my season tickets in 36 hours for 3x what I paid for them. (4 seats plus seatbacks in around 2250 and sold for 7k).

My wife had been on me about money and I put them for sale that high based on the market and half way as a joke... figured I'd reduce them after a few weeks but didn't get the chance.

I'd much rather go to games and my youngest cried when we told her we wouldn't go to more than 1 or 2 games but we have a lot of debt to take care of and a $4,000 plus profit will help.

It is what it is. Some of us have to do something we don't want to. If we can get 3x what we paid... Why Not??

It’s a free market. People are able to make a decision whether they want to buy or not. If you need to sell, get as much as you can.

I would feel sorry for you but UT raised the annual contribution on my seats (4 on the 40 that I've had since 1989) from $1500 a year to $46,000 a year. That wasn't the secondary market, that was UT.

I think that is the donation level for seats on the homeside 40 yard level. Mine are on the visitors side 40 yard line and have not seen a big increase yet. Was surprised when my 2 grandfathered tickets were relocated.

I would feel sorry for you but UT raised the annual contribution on my seats (4 on the 40 that I've had since 1989) from $1500 a year to $46,000 a year. That wasn't the secondary market, that was UT.
Dang.

1) don’t feel sorry for me, feel sorry for those that had the vol pass and won’t get the cheaper tickets this year
2) oof that’s a gut punch.

This is correct. These companies will sell you a promised section then figure out how to get the tickets later.

The best time to shop for tickets is closer to the season and game. People will hold them until the last minute hoping for a big payday, then drop the price when the deadline to ship or transfer runs out, sometimes resulting in less than face prices. If it's not a huge game (ie Georgia), there will be tickets available, but you have to be patient.

It really stinks that the tickets have gone all online. Paying those fees to Vivid and those other ticket Services is such a racket.

VN Store

Back