UK Fans Upset With Singing of Rocky Top

I wonder what their reaction will be when they hear Rocky Top sung at Rupp Arena this season? If they think Commonwealth was bad just wait till they come to Neyland Stadium next year and hear 100,000 + singing.. :)

Yeah, then it will be a "Clean Sweep".

I don't know why the UK fans are so upset over this loss. You'd think they were Southern Cal or something. The reality is, at the end of the day, they're still Kentucky.

Somebody ask me if I give a rats ass about the Mildcats being upset over having to hear Rocky Top played at their stadium..

ROCKY TOP YOU'LL ALWAYS BE HOME SWEET HOME TO ME!!!! GOOD OLE ROCKY TOP!!! ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE!!! .... for those cat fans that missed it.

from the associated press:

UK fans upset that a Tennessee fan in row 41, seat 32b, passed gas early in the 3rd quarter.

I don't know why the UK fans are so upset over this loss. You'd think they were Southern Cal or something. The reality is, at the end of the day, they're still Kentucky.

Word.

You didn't like us singing Rocky Top, huh?

I'm sorry.

Now go home and get your friggin' SHINEBOX! :rock:

Well then they need to talk to that Kentucky player who nearly killed Eric Berry with that facemask grab in overtime. He should have been ejected from the game because of that dirty play!
I'll go with that. He nearly broke the kids neck. But, the foul was ignored.
And the best part we get an unsportsmanlike foul for Foster throwing the ball in frustration. There is something wrong there IMO.

Go up there and play in RAPE Arena, talk about lack of class, even Tubby couldn't control those idiots. KY fans could not spell class if you spotted them the cl, thy know how to spell ass. GO VOLS beat the tigers

KY Fans really thought they were going to win this game all year. They are sour and salty now because this was their best shot at getting us.

They are just going to accept reality and get over it.

I can't remember the last time FL, Alabama, Georgia etc didn't come into Neyland and play them over and over. Over the years, I've actually become fond of all the fight songs just because they bring up such good memories of going to games all my life.

Not to sound sappy but if all those bands hadn't played them non stop, I'd sort of feeling like something was missing.

poor taste?

if they would have won, there would have been pandimonium and the goalposts would have come down.

how's that for poor taste?

OK, in all fairness, can you really criticize them about what you hypothesize they would have done, if they had hypothetically won? I'm calling BS on that.

But, turning to the merits of your argument, I can't say it would have been a classless act. I remember sitting in Memphis the one time U.M. beat us. It tore my heart out, but I stayed around and watched them celebrate. If you love college football, it was a special moment for them, even though I would have given anything to have seen U.T. win instead.

This was the first Vols game that my little boy and myself have gotten to attend. I was setting on the UK side in the top section with my buddy who is a wildcat fan. I had alot of vol support around me, but, I heard the UK fans saying all day " I wished they would stop playing that stupid song". When the vols scored the last TD in the 4th overtime the UK crowd was so shocked, I jumped up and started howling and hollering " YEAH " only to realize I heard an echo in my entire section :clapping:. I was the only one standing. I don't know what happened to the other vol fans. UK fans were going :banghead2:. I'm going to try and come to Neyland next season...GO VOLS!! BEAT THOSE BAYOU BENGALS.:yahoo:

This was the first Vols game that my little boy and myself have gotten to attend. I was setting on the UK side in the top section with my buddy who is a wildcat fan. I had alot of vol support around me, but, I heard the UK fans saying all day " I wished they would stop playing that stupid song". When the vols scored the last TD in the 4th overtime the UK crowd was so shocked, I jumped up and started howling and hollering " YEAH " only to realize I heard an echo in my entire section :clapping:. I was the only one standing. I don't know what happened to the other vol fans. UK fans were going :banghead2:. I'm going to try and come to Neyland next season...GO VOLS!! BEAT THOSE BAYOU BENGALS.:yahoo:
You Go Boy!

New verse:

Once two wildcats climbed ol Rocky Top, looking to avenge 22 straight.
Now tis 23, they can only hate.
Rocky Top You'll always be, home sweet home to me.
Good ol Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennesee!

they act like this is a new thing. tennessee is known for playing rocky top over and over again until their opponents fans have it engrained in their head. real strange they would complain about that.

Prolly don't normally come to UT-UK games cause Kentucky rarely has a chance to win.:)

Hot from the wire...

Lexington (AP) - University of Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks is "disgusted" after learning that a sign near Franklin, Kentucky, says "Welcome to Tennessee".

Brooks says he has evidence of this sign appearing in several other places near the Kentucky border and has contacted SEC officials to investigate the matter.

well maybe in 22 more years KY will get a chance to sing their song. Untill then they should learn to like Rocky Top. You know what they say if you cant beat em join em. :)

UK fans complaining about fans singing their school song? Welcome to sports baby!!!

Hot from the wire...

Lexington (AP) - University of Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks is "disgusted" after learning that a sign near Franklin, Kentucky, says "Welcome to Tennessee".

Brooks says he has evidence of this sign appearing in several other places near the Kentucky border and has contacted SEC officials to investigate the matter.

problem is the car was headed North........ we annexed the state since we own them....

The Kentucky fans are just angry they cannot beat us. They were booing the band when they played Rocky Top during the halftime show. Frankly, I love that one of our fight songs induces rage in the other fans, but I'll be honest I hate everything the opposing team does when we are losing too.

The outrage continues in Kentucky. Several callers tonight on 590am here in Lexington are asking all UK fans to sing my Old Kentucky Home when UT comes to Rupp this season. I live among these "whiners" 365 days a year. They never cease to amaze me. All this because of "Rocky Top"........ Go figure

I had no idea how much UK despised us. I knew they hated us but I didn't know how bad it was and they really had no class at all. I was sitting in the Kentucky section and the people below me and behind me were yelling and cussing the band every time they played Rocky Top. They even booed when we had an injured player and when Berry got jerked down by his facemask someone right behind me yelled "good, break his neck!". On our walk to the stadium we kept getting yelled at and booed by UK fans but all I had to do was say 22 to shut them up lol.

VN Store

Back