UK Fans Upset With Singing of Rocky Top

RockyTopVol

2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
UK fans are now saying that the singing of Rocky Top at Commonwealth Stadium at yesterday's football game was in poor taste and shows no class on the part of UT fans... :cray: I hate living here in KY around these crybaby fans... :mad: All I can say is, they have 60,000 or 70,000 fans at each game...... do something about it. Remember they got upset when LSU fans booed during the singing of My Old Kentucky Home. I'm guessing they wont be to happy in Knoxville next year either... :neener2:

I was at the game I saw nothing that made me think they were upset with it being played...however they did boooo loudly each time it was played...:ermm:

I was also at the game, I sat in the UT section and didn't hear anyone "boo" at us playing Rocky Top.

UK fans by nature are arrogant pricks, I knew this from years and years of bball encounters. I found out they are the same in football as that was my first game @ UK. They ran their mouth alot before the game, and were absolutely stunned and angry that they lost the game the way they did.

Oh well, I don't care, anything that hurts Kentucky is fine with me.

UK fans are now saying that the singing of Rocky Top at Commonwealth Stadium at yesterday's football game was in poor taste and shows no class on the part of UT fans... :cray: I hate living here in KY around these crybaby fans... :mad: All I can say is, they have 60,000 or 70,000 fans at each game...... do something about it. Remember they got upset when LSU fans booed during the singing of My Old Kentucky Home. I'm guessing they wont be to happy in Knoxville next year either... :neener2:

:blink:

These comments were from UK fans calling in to the sports show on 590 am this morning here in Lexington..

they act like this is a new thing. tennessee is known for playing rocky top over and over again until their opponents fans have it engrained in their head. real strange they would complain about that.

Well then they need to talk to that Kentucky player who nearly killed Eric Berry with that facemask grab in overtime. He should have been ejected from the game because of that dirty play!

this loss for them was similiar, although not as extreme, as our loss to bama in 90. the kentucky fans are hurting bad. a little funny seeing them hurt like this, however.

poor taste?

if they would have won, there would have been pandimonium and the goalposts would have come down.

how's that for poor taste?

I was also at the game, I sat in the UT section and didn't hear anyone "boo" at us playing Rocky Top.

UK fans by nature are arrogant pricks, I knew this from years and years of bball encounters. I found out they are the same in football as that was my first game @ UK. They ran their mouth alot before the game, and were absolutely stunned and angry that they lost the game the way they did.

Oh well, I don't care, anything that hurts Kentucky is fine with me.

Perhaps you were too close to the band to hear the boos but the whole stadium most definantly booed when we would play it during timeouts and stuff like that....

They should have just sung along. I guarantee they know the words by now :birgits_giggle:

Well I've missed very few UT games since I started going in 1976 and yesterday was the FIRST time I've heard UT's band booed while on the field. They were performing their Salute to Tennessee circle drill show where they play different songs for different parts of the state. To represent Knoxville, they played Rocky Top and the KY fans in the stands started booing. It's probably the rudest thing I've ever heard in my life.

the funny part is that the Tennessee fans singing along were louder than the UK fans at any other point in the game. There was a lot of orange in Commonwealth yesterday.

I wonder what their reaction will be when they hear Rocky Top sung at Rupp Arena this season? If they think Commonwealth was bad just wait till they come to Neyland Stadium next year and hear 100,000 + singing.. :)

Nothing makes me happier than when the other team is ticked off about hearing Rocky Top. Ask Miami in the Sugar Bowl and Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl. Sing it loud and proud until Kentucky wins 23 in a row, I guess they will just have to listen.

VN Store

Back