UGA vs UF cocktail game the landing yessiree

Go Dawgs I guess.

Doesn’t really matter though, it’s not like the conference and national champion is in any doubt at this point.

Can’t pick against my own I’ll call 27-23 gatas
Bit of bias of course

At the same time tho with a bye week I like Mullen getting this much time to prepare

Plus each week he’s won different ways

Franks confidence continues to grow while surprisingly the man has made big mistakes but forgets about em quick and respond with TDs when needed most kid don’t rattle easy

UGA has 9 sacks compared to 23 by UF Aka one team gets after QB way better Polite Zuniga n Joseph could be monsters in this one

Polite 7 sacks 8.5 tfl and 4 forced fumbles are all American numbers atm

The OL just gets more impressive as season goes on hope that continues into this one

Gonna go with 31-17 Dawgs

Grantham has been lit up by the Dawgs the last two times they have played him and I think too many are putting too much into the Dawgs losing in Death Valley. They had that same stumble last years losing to AU at JerdanHair but got it back together after that.

I hate both teams and how the SEC treats this game. Play a home and away series just like every other conference game and stop giving both teams 2 weeks to prepare. With that said I think UGA wins by 10.
The schools pull in more money by splitting revenues from a neutral site game rather than getting 100% of the revenues from a home game one year then 0% of the revenues from an away game the next year. Plus there is pressure from the city of Jacksonville to keep it there because Dawg and Gator people invade it during the week of the game.

Having said that, it is weird that a Florida player will never play in Sanford Stadium and a Georgia player will never play in The Swamp, despite them being huge rivals.

Should be a good game. I don't think UGA is as good as predicted and UF is better than predicted.

Game has weight outside of it being a rival.

UGA 27
UF 23

The schools pull in more money by splitting revenues from a neutral site game rather than getting 100% of the revenues from a home game one year then 0% of the revenues from an away game the next year. Plus there is pressure from the city of Jacksonville to keep it there because Dawg and Gator people invade it during the week of the game.

Having said that, it is weird that a Florida player will never play in Sanford Stadium and a Georgia player will never play in The Swamp, despite them being huge rivals.

Yep, the city of Jacksonville makes it worth our while to play there. Both schools benefit financially, and the city gets a huge economic boost.

If you’ve never attended this game in person, you’ll probably never understand what makes it so special. Ditto for OU-Texas.

Reactions: Jaws
We all know the UGA depth in general is better and loaded with talent, but they are one of the youngest teams in the country. Our D has done a much better job getting to the QB than Georgia. Additionally UF has been more battle tested than UGA so far, we have beaten two ranked teams, one of them ranked in the top 4 now (LSU). UGA has not beaten anyone that is ranked currently. The only reason UGA is ranked ahead of us is preseason hype and the fact that they were in the Natty game last year. I don't think UF necessarily is a better team, but if you look at the record, UF's 6-1 record is more impressive.

UF's weakness is the depth chart really, so if they stay healthy they can pull the win. On the other hand if we have critical injuries or ejections early in the game, expect the performance level to drop down significantly. My brain says UGA wins, but my homer heart is pulling for UF upset. Go Gatta! Either way, I hope we show a good product on the field. No one has expected an East win this year and going to the SECCG in a year where the East is looking better than any time in the past 10 years. Hopefully Mullen keeps demonstrating that the rebuild is ahead of schedule.

Yep, the city of Jacksonville makes it worth our while to play there. Both schools benefit financially, and the city gets a huge economic boost.

If you’ve never attended this game in person, you’ll probably never understand what makes it so special. Ditto for OU-Texas.
Why was it randomly held in Gainesville/Athens in 1994-95?

The winners are Gator fans because they generally act like grown ups and dont bark like children

I think Georgia will win and might even do it handily. LSU prob woke them up and Kirby been on that ass for 2 weeks. Interested to see if Fields gets a lot of playing time. With that said, I'm pulling for Florida. Like Mullen the goofball more than Kirby

Reactions: Jaws
I think Georgia wins. Unfortunately I'm guessing it will be a decent game and be close.

I hope Georgia runs all over them. There's a small part of me that will be fine if Florida wins and goes to Atlanta, because I would enjoy that ass whooping. Lol, makes me smile thinking about it.

But, I'll be happier if Georgia just goes ahead and ruins their hopes.

Best case scenario for UF would be to win out, but also have Kentucky win out. That way, Kentucky could go be Bama’s sacrificial lamb while Florida finishes 11-1.

Go Dawgs I guess.

Doesn’t really matter though, it’s not like the conference and national champion is in any doubt at this point.

SEC east representative is in doubt. This game decides a lot, with Georgia-Kentucky possibly deciding the rest in a few weeks.

The fact everyone here is predicting UGA to beat Florida means to me I am picking UF to win by more than 2 TDS.

I hope everyone continues to pick UGA. I’m glad they were favored. UF ahoudl play the “us against the world” card as long as they can.

SEC east representative is in doubt. This game decides a lot, with Georgia-Kentucky possibly deciding the rest in a few weeks.

Understood. But ultimately at the end of season, its all academic. It's Bama.

Again.

How exciting.

Best case scenario for UF would be to win out, but also have Kentucky win out. That way, Kentucky could go be Bama’s sacrificial lamb while Florida finishes 11-1.

Yea, I don't think so. Nice try though.

VN Store

Back