UGA Defenders......I just don't get it.

It’s pretty common knowledge the sec is Alabama-tennessee 1-2. The argument has always been who’s 3rd. I could argue that multiple ways but the 1-2 spots are secured comfortably.

I don't dispute that historically that is true, or that it still even is true. I think our total body of work is still slightly ahead of theirs. But the original statement that I responded to, was patently absurd, and by the same logic, insulting to Tennessee. Here's the list of SEC titles through this year:

Alabama, 27
Tennessee, 13
Georgia, 13
LSU, 11
Florida, 8
Auburn, 8
Ole Miss, 6
Kentucky, 2,
Mississippi State, 1

Georgia Tech, 5
Tulane, 3

I don't dispute that historically that is true, or that it still even is true. I think our total body of work is still slightly ahead of theirs. But the original statement that I responded to, was patently absurd, and by the same logic, insulting to Tennessee. Here's the list of SEC titles through this year:

Alabama, 27
Tennessee, 13
Georgia, 13
LSU, 11
Florida, 8
Auburn, 8
Ole Miss, 6
Kentucky, 2,
Mississippi State, 1

Georgia Tech, 5
Tulane, 3

You said they have the same trophy case we do.. so if you have 6 million in your bank account And I have 2 million in mine and I say we basically have the same bank account, that’s going to make sense to you? We have tripled their national titles and we have given them 20 years to catch up a little bit and they’ve done nothing. I guess bama, tenn, LSU, auburn, Florida, and Georgia are all equal according to your logic. If the ONLY stat we’re discussing is sec titles then yeah they’re right there. But what good are sec titles when you NEVER win the big game. 2x3=6... Georgia multiplied by 3 equals Tennessee. Not even close

Reactions: CampBlount
Last edited:
You said they have the same trophy case we do.. so if you have 6 million in your bank account And I have 2 million in mine and I say we basically have the same bank account, that’s going to make sense to you? We have tripled their national titles and we have given them 20 years to catch up a little bit and they’ve done nothing. I guess bama, tenn, LSU, auburn, Florida, and Georgia are all equal according to your logic. If the ONLY stat we’re discussing is sec titles then yeah they’re right there. But what good are sec titles when you NEVER win the big game. 2x3=6... Georgia multiplied by 3 equals Tennessee. Not even close
We each have one post-segregation era title. As to before that, the fairest look at all the titles everyone claims that I've ever read is the one I linked above, which gives us a 3 to 2 lead. We've got a lead in all time wins of like 15-20 games and are one slot ahead of them in all time winning percentage. They've got more bowl appearances, bowl wins, and 2 heisman trophy winners to our zero. We have more all-Americans. We are ahead but its pretty damn close, I don't say "exactly" I said we have "basically" the same trophy case they do, which is pretty much dead on, but by all means let's be completely factually unmoored around here. Wow, how about that 10 game winning streak we've got over Bama, eh? Feels good to beat Saban like a drum every year doesn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtnvol80
We each have one post-segregation era title. As to before that, the fairest look at all the titles everyone claims that I've ever read is the one I linked above, which gives us a 3 to 2 lead. We've got a lead in all time wins of like 15-20 games and are one slot ahead of them in all time winning percentage. They've got more bowl appearances, bowl wins, and 2 heisman trophy winners to our zero. We have more all-Americans. We are ahead but's its pretty damn close, I don't say "exactly" I said we have "basically" the same trophy case they do, which is pretty much dead on, but my all means let's be completely factually unmoored around here. Wow, how about that 10 game winning streak we've got over Bama, eh? Feels good to beat Saban like a drum every year doesn't it?

Georgia has never won a national championship game in the history of their program. Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, auburn and Florida have. They need to lose their virginity before they get my respect. I’m not putting Georgia ahead of any of them until they win something. Which they haven’t done in 4 decades.

Georgia has never won a national championship game in the history of their program. Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, auburn and Florida have. They need to lose their virginity before they get my respect. I’m not putting Georgia ahead of any of them until they win something. Which they haven’t done in 4 decades.
That's an opinion, which you are of course entitled to, however as an objective fact, we've got basically the same amount of trophies, ignore it, explain it however you wish, it doesn't change it.

I can’t speak for Georgia fans but Alabama and Tennessee fans don’t count bowl games or bowl wins. That’s lame af. We count national titles. Georgia has 2 heisman winners.. an award voted on by sports writers who are usually the most ignorant sports minds out there. Tennessee has the greatest offensive player to ever come out of the sec AND the greatest defensive player to ever come out of the sec. those meaningless heisman trophy’s are for the birds.

Reactions: Remy
That's an opinion, which you are of course entitled to, however as an objective fact, we've got basically the same amount of trophies, ignore it, explain it however you wish, it doesn't change it.

They’ve never won a title game. Fact, not opinion. 5 sec teams have won titles since they have. Fact, not opinion. We have 6 big boy trophy’s. They have 2 real trophy’s. Fact, not opinion. 2x3=6. Fact, not opinion.

If you’re gonna dick ride another sec team atleast pick Florida. They’ve won more titles in 22 years than Georgia has in the whole program history. I guess according to you’re logic Florida has our trophy case beat like a red headed step child lol

They’ve never won a title game. Fact, not opinion. 5 sec teams have won titles since they have. Fact, not opinion. We have 6 big boy trophy’s. They have 2 real trophy’s. Fact, not opinion. 2x3=6. Fact, not opinion.

1998, that is the only year we won a No. 1 vs. No. 2 match up in a bowl game to claim the national championship.

Here are our other championships, are these "big boy trophies"? To me 1938, 1950, and 1998 are legit. I personally think its horse manure to claim a national championship when you lost your bowl game, which we are doing the other 3 years. I can go digging in Georgia's history and find a similar number of claims of similar validity I am sure.

1938, 11-0, beat No. 4 Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, final ranking No. 2 AP, given out before the bowls.

1940, 10-1, lost to No. 5 Boston College in the Sugar Bowl, final ranking No. 4 AP, given out before the bowls.

1950, 11-1, beat No. 3 Texas in the Cotton Bowl, final ranking, No. 3 (AP), No. 4 (Coaches), given out before the bowls).

1951, 10-1, lost to undefeated Maryland in the Sugar Bowl, final ranking No. 1 (AP & Coaches, given out before the bowls).

1967, 9-2, lost to No. 3 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl (No. 2 final AP and Coaches rankings).

Last edited:
If you’re gonna dick ride another sec team atleast pick Florida. They’ve won more titles in 22 years than Georgia has in the whole program history. I guess according to you’re logic Florida has our trophy case beat like a red headed step child lol
Florida had never won the SEC or anything else before 1990. Since then they have kicked our butts, true, but they have 3 total national championships (all legit) versus our 3 total legit championships. We also have 13 SEC titles to their 8. 120 or so more all time wins, a significantly higher winning percentage, more All Americans, more bowls, more bowl wins. They have more Heisman's, 3 to our zero and lead the all time series 28-20 plus ties. Our body of work is slightly ahead of Georgia's but farther ahead of Florida's.

Last edited:
Imagine if UGA had hired Tennessee's OC away from us. I can guarantee you that if you went to one of their boards, you'd read NOTHING but unicorns and sunshine about what a HOME RUN the hire was, and the ABSOLUTE MISERY it had inflicted on Vol fans. Them, 45 agreements with each post in this vein, with insults and snide comments thrown in.

What you would NOT see EVER, is a buttsniffer defending Tennessee, stating that the OC in question wasn;t long for the job, and UGA hadn't really accomplished anything anyway.

Why, then, is their a sizable contingent on these boards who feel the need to make UGAs case for them? Let them come on here, spew that BS themselves, and get engaged and ridiculed........like a fan site is SUPPOSED to work. For pete's sake, why carry the water for another fanbase.

I understand most UGA fans are incapable of debate beyond something infantile like "Georgia: Great Team, or GREATEST TEAM EVER?", but still, let them try for themselves.

In the end, Chaney was going to be their OC this coming season. There was no plan to replace him. Now he is gone. Hence, he LEFT that school for us. The reason(s)? Many, I'm sure, but in the end, UGA lost an OC. Period.

For our UGA lurkers, I offer the following:

View attachment 188401
The reason so many are making our case for us is because it is obvious that we let Chaney go. He brought back the offer from Tennessee in hopes that we would match it. And was told that we were happy with the way we had been do8ng things (money and contract length). And that if he could get what UTjr was offering he should take it.
Lol, so we killed two birds with one stone. We got rid of the non-recruiting, non creative, non adjustable OC. And what was better was he ended up with oneour one time rivals. Thanks again.

The reason so many are making our case for us is because it is obvious that we let Chaney go. He brought back the offer from Tennessee in hopes that we would match it. And was told that we were happy with the way we had been do8ng things (money and contract length). And that if he could get what UTjr was offering he should take it.
Lol, so we killed two birds with one stone. We got rid of the non-recruiting, non creative, non adjustable OC. And what was better was he ended up with oneour one time rivals. Thanks again.
Complete BS.
They matched our first offer and we upped.
You beat us on the field, I accept that. We wanted Chaney and beat you for him. Man up and accept it instead of making excuses like a little b**ch.
NM, I forgot, dawg fan. Excuses are a way of life.

Complete BS.
You beat us on the field, I accept that. We wanted Chaney and beat you for him. Man up and accept it instead of making excuses like a little b**ch.

"UTjr." Lol, its obvious she mad and butthurt.

I always find it fun to see these one pump chumps show up when stuff like this happens. Holly needs to take some lessons from her buddies that have been around for a while.

In Athens, Hershel was, is & always will be the best player there was and will ever be! He played better than anyone has ever played at any position. It’s amazing at the Homers on the radio there.
Bill Bates agrees with this post.

:p:p:pI was at that game sitting in the temp bleachers at field level in front of the GA fans North End Zone. I could see his feet.

Reactions: rdavis007

You are an annoying little troll, I'll give you that.

As for your post:

Complete BS.
But their desire was to get turned down by the OC from a basketball school, then promote from within! And get turned down for some position from an LSU coach, saw that a little while ago!

Reactions: chargervol and Remy
Complete BS.
Literally the same repackaged excuse from the tail whipping by Texas- "we didn't want X so we didn't really try".

Georgia fans are the NPC meme.

I read all the back and forth regarding Ga and championships so I will ask this. Didn’t Ga have a chance to win 2 titles, an SEC and a NC and choked both times? Or was I dreaming and those games didn’t happen?

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back