UGA Defenders......I just don't get it.

Georgia fans are acting like Chaney was a first year OC. They don't want to acknowledge the problem wasn't their OC in every loss. Now to act like trading Chaney for Eddie Gran is an upgrade just shows how asinine that group really is.
Not really.

They act like many on VN wouldnof the roles were reversed.

Reactions: pooodsdawg
Some of those claims by the author definitely have some merit, but then we open the door to claims like UCF last year. Maybe we fudged a couple ,but we still have more.
I agree, it's why I said "basically", 3 to 2 good guys.

::: shakes head :::

If it makes folks feel superior to belittle your own team and support a rival, knock yourselves out. UGA could have 36 MNC and that entire program, it’s fans, and ‘tradition’ would still be a pus filled scab in my eyes.

It’s a fan base and a program that thought a drunk talking about crushing faces with a boot while it’s players made complete @$$es of themselves destroying grass on an opponents field was the height of coolness and toughness.

Garbage program. I’ll never give it an inch.

No complaints from me. I am happy that it is not a Google hire from University of North Alabama or a promotion from our existing staff ( see Larry Scott)

::: shakes head :::

If it makes folks feel superior to belittle your own team and support a rival, knock yourselves out. UGA could have 36 MNC and that entire program, it’s fans, and ‘tradition’ would still be a pus filled scab in my eyes.

It’s a fan base and a program that thought a drunk talking about crushing faces with a boot while it’s players made complete @$$es of themselves destroying grass on an opponents field was the height of coolness and toughness.

Garbage program. I’ll never give it an inch.
Nobody said they weren't a pus filled scab but you are FOS if you think fans on opposing boards won't call out blatant lies by their own fans. This is the internet, you can get flamed for anything, anytime, anywhere. You of the immovable keyboard should know this.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
It is hilarious to hear all the UGA fans loving Chaney leaving. Rumor is they went after Eddie Gran and were turned down. Wasn't their issue with Chaney that his offense was bland? What is the offense that Gran runs? Oh hang on let me find 1 stud on the team and hand it off to him 95 times a game? They averaged passing the ball what 15 times a game with 10 of those being screens to Benny? Also them going after Gran to me shows that Kirby was at no point looking to move Chaney out to promote Coley. If that were the case then when Chaney left they would have went ahead and just promoted Coley. Something odd is going on in Athens. They are still loaded with talent so they are still going to win games though.

Imagine if UGA had hired Tennessee's OC away from us. I can guarantee you that if you went to one of their boards, you'd read NOTHING but unicorns and sunshine about what a HOME RUN the hire was, and the ABSOLUTE MISERY it had inflicted on Vol fans. Them, 45 agreements with each post in this vein, with insults and snide comments thrown in.

What you would NOT see EVER, is a buttsniffer defending Tennessee, stating that the OC in question wasn;t long for the job, and UGA hadn't really accomplished anything anyway.

Why, then, is their a sizable contingent on these boards who feel the need to make UGAs case for them? Let them come on here, spew that BS themselves, and get engaged and ridiculed........like a fan site is SUPPOSED to work. For pete's sake, why carry the water for another fanbase.

I understand most UGA fans are incapable of debate beyond something infantile like "Georgia: Great Team, or GREATEST TEAM EVER?", but still, let them try for themselves.

In the end, Chaney was going to be their OC this coming season. There was no plan to replace him. Now he is gone. Hence, he LEFT that school for us. The reason(s)? Many, I'm sure, but in the end, UGA lost an OC. Period.

For our UGA lurkers, I offer the following:

View attachment 188401

Oh they're just Vols fans in reverse. It's just typical SEC-ism. We're all guilty of extreme homerism, pointing out our own insecurity and character fallacies in our fellow conference members. Happens all the time. We ain't holy, they ain't holy, man, in the SEC, even holy ain't holy.

Imagine if UGA had hired Tennessee's OC away from us. I can guarantee you that if you went to one of their boards, you'd read NOTHING but unicorns and sunshine about what a HOME RUN the hire was, and the ABSOLUTE MISERY it had inflicted on Vol fans. Them, 45 agreements with each post in this vein, with insults and snide comments thrown in.

What you would NOT see EVER, is a buttsniffer defending Tennessee, stating that the OC in question wasn;t long for the job, and UGA hadn't really accomplished anything anyway.

Why, then, is their a sizable contingent on these boards who feel the need to make UGAs case for them? Let them come on here, spew that BS themselves, and get engaged and ridiculed........like a fan site is SUPPOSED to work. For pete's sake, why carry the water for another fanbase.

I understand most UGA fans are incapable of debate beyond something infantile like "Georgia: Great Team, or GREATEST TEAM EVER?", but still, let them try for themselves.

In the end, Chaney was going to be their OC this coming season. There was no plan to replace him. Now he is gone. Hence, he LEFT that school for us. The reason(s)? Many, I'm sure, but in the end, UGA lost an OC. Period.

For our UGA lurkers, I offer the following:

View attachment 188401

Does anyone really care? We just need to win more games than we lose for now.

It's not some grand mystery.
Defending Ga same as Bama, USCjr, whoever. Lawd forbid you mumble something negative about Florida or Vandy or even acknowledge any good news for TN.

Damndest version of a fan board that I've ever seen. I find most UGA fans as annoying as you but I'll give them this, at least they defend their OWN team.

I swear dude, its something else. I remember back in 16, KB kept making the comment that there were some here that cared more about Butch than the program. I laughed and told him he was dumb. Well, I was wrong. We found out there were several, I remember 1 even admitted it, was crazy! I couldn't believe it.

I said that to say this. We see others calling members here fans of other schools pretty often and they get laughed at for it. Maybe its not as crazy as we think it is.

Something to think about.

Reactions: chargervol
Ok, so if somebody comes on here and says regarding football "we own Florida" (which has happened), true vol fans should just let that go? If a Vol fan identifies as fan of a program that just won the national championship this year, we should just feed his delusions if we truly bleed orange?

Lol, they basically have the same trophy case we do.

If you go look at all time numbers in sec history it’s basically Alabama 1 and Tennessee 2 down the board. Sec championships are pretty much the same between Georgia auburn LSU and Tennessee. We have 6 titles, they have 2. They haven’t won a title in 40 years. We won our last one 20 years ago. A 20 year difference is a big deal. We’ve actually won a national title game, they haven’t. If you’re ranking sec programs all time Georgia isn’t even in the top 5 of their own conference. Bama, Tennessee, Florida, auburn and LSU all have a more impressive history. Georgia is one of the most over rated programs in the sec. hell, even their lame ass stadium doesn’t rank in the top 5 of the league. Since the bcs era of having real championship games tennessee has a title, Florida has a few, auburn has one and went undefeated another year, LSU has 2, bama has god knows how many. 5 sec schools have won national titles since Uga. They’re the close but no cigar team in the sec, good teams from time to time but never wins anything. Not a top 5 all time sec program.

Ok, so if somebody comes on here and says regarding football "we own Florida" (which has happened), true vol fans should just let that go? If a Vol fan identifies as fan of a program that just won the national championship this year, we should just feed his delusions if we truly bleed orange?

It’s pretty common knowledge the sec is Alabama-tennessee 1-2. The argument has always been who’s 3rd. I could argue that multiple ways but the 1-2 spots are secured comfortably.

Attachments

• 063E23B8-A7F7-4262-A5FD-08606CB6D8BF.png
    063E23B8-A7F7-4262-A5FD-08606CB6D8BF.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 21

VN Store

Back