UGA collapsing

1) Their schedule. They play Bama in week 3 and Auburn in week 6. They play Tennessee much later in the season. They could have 2 SEC losses before playing Florida and could have 3 before playing Tennessee.

2) There is a weird cultural problem in Athens. They had numerous players get arrested all last offseason, they have the Zach Evans situation, they have 5* players transferring to rivals, they have marginal guys departing for the NFL draft.

3) They have a decimated offense. They lose 8 of 11 starters, four o-line starters, the QB, top 2 RB’s, so they’re basically starting brand new in an offense that was already very bad.

4) Florida and Tennessee are improving.

Combine these together and I think someone not named Georgia wins the East in 2020.

I think we’re about to see a decade similar to the 90’s in the East.

love to have 1 and 2 flipped but unfortunately it feels like we are snake bit when it comes to Florida
Like a fool, I'm drinking the Orange Kool Aid and getting ticks to that one next year. Probably have my heart stomped on again, but imagine Neyland if we win that game. I don't want to say I wish I was there to see that.

Like a fool, I'm drinking the Orange Kool Aid and getting ticks to that one next year. Probably have my heart stomped on again, but imagine Neyland if we win that game. I don't want to say I wish I was there to see that.
I certainly wouldn’t say it’s impossible, I’m just not going to hang my hat on it happening

VN Store

Back