UFC Thread

WHAT!!!! As just reported on the Underground:

"UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon "Bones" Jones was arrested early this morning for DUI after he totaled his Bentley in upstate New York ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Jones was involved in an accident at around 5:00 AM in Binghamton, NY. We're told the car -- which Jones crashed into a pole -- was totaled and cops arrested Jones on the scene for DUI.

According to our sources, Jones was taken into custody by Broome County Sheriff and bailed out a few hours later ... by his mom. Jones is from nearby Ithaca."

I got to say I never would have thought something like this would happen to Jones. He just signed that sponsorship with the UFC.

He's still the face. Maybe he can learn from it and get a chauffer next time he wants to get drunk and ride around

Idk if any of y'all watched the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix Final but Daniel Cormier is a stud, wouldn't doubt him being the UFC HW champ in the near future. Very humbel to.

Idk if any of y'all watched the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix Final but Daniel Cormier is a stud, wouldn't doubt him being the UFC HW champ in the near future. Very humbel to.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Cormier is a good prospect, but nowhere near being ready to compete for a UFC HW title. Barnett is not a Top 10 Heavyweight.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Cormier is a good prospect, but nowhere near being ready to compete for a UFC HW title. Barnett is not a Top 10 Heavyweight.

Maybe I overreacted a bit, but I still think he'll be competing for a title soon.

He has to get to the UFC first. I haven't seen anything speculating him signing with the UFC, but I would think it's going to happen fairly soon.

If I remember correctly he recently said that he has one more fight under his Strikeforce contract and plans to fight that. Kinda silly considering Strikeforce is under Zuffa and they could probably terminate the contract if Cormier agreed. Also, I think Barnett and him are the only HW left in Strikeforce.

Let's go Guida!!

He's awesome. Coming out to Pantera confirms that.

Guida not impressing me although he had a nice kick.

Maynard is definitely controlling the ring.

Then again, Maynard backs him down but doesn't really attempt to do anything when he has Guida cornered.

Might just be one of those fights that aren't very good.

Guida not impressing me although he had a nice kick.

Maynard is definitely controlling the ring.

Then again, Maynard backs him down but doesn't really attempt to do anything when he has Guida cornered.

Might just be one of those fights that aren't very good.
If we're using boxing judges G is winning big. Ha

If we're using boxing judges G is winning big. Ha

lol

Maynard got into Guida's head and almost finished him.

It's up in the air at this point.

Knowing how UFC does things, Maynard is winning since Guida has done a quite of bit of running. That's not what Dana wants. Me either to be honest.

Let's go Guida though!!!

I think Guida won if I had to pick but I could easily see it going to Maynard because of all the running.

Weird the ref stepped in because of it. That running saved Guida from taking a ton of huge bombs. He shouldn't have to stand in there and get knocked out. He also shouldn't run the whole fight. I've seen fights were refs just let fighters lay on other fighters while doing nothing though. They won't even stand them up, that's worse.

Maynard isn't too happy. He should be more upset about his tramp stamp :)

Do not agree with that decision at all.

Saw it coming though. Dana won't let fighters win if they run... except Rashad.

If you do not want someone to run from you cut them off and shut them down. The same thing can be said about being held down. Don't like it? Then learn to get up.

Gray was beat up. Bs decision

Agreed.

Not near as bad as Manny/Bradley but that's not really what UFC needs on national television immediately following.

Even worse, the card tomorrow is not PPV worthy. I'll be watching and those are usually when you get the best fights. But the card by names alone is pretty awful imo.

Too bad about the outcome. I can honestly say I'll probably never pull for Maynard.

VN Store

Back