UFC Thread

How can you say chimaev if you’re going off big wins? He has 1 quality win over Gilbert burns. Who else ? Gerald meerschaert? Jingliang?

Chimaev has a better resume than washed Masvidal, washed Woodley, and 2 losses in 4 years. Burns is probably more impressive than anything Colby has done in his career.

You're comparing a guy getting his 4th title shot without proving he should still be at the top of the rankings to guys who are climbing the rankings (by beating highly ranked fighters) trying to get their 1st shot.

Chimaev has a better resume than washed Masvidal, washed Woodley, and 2 losses in 4 years. Burns is probably more impressive than anything Colby has done in his career.

You're comparing a guy getting his 4th title shot without proving he should still be at the top of the rankings to guys who are climbing the rankings (by beating highly ranked fighters) trying to get their 1st shot.

How does he have a better resume? He has a win over Gilbert burns. That’s it. You really trying to thump wins over Gerald meerschart and li jingliang?
Colby comparatively has wins over Masvidal, woodley, lawler, and won an interim title fight against rda. In no world is chimaevs body of work currently superior to Colby’s.

Reactions: vols40

Btw, chimaev is supposedly fighting at middleweight his next fight. So your suggestion is to give next title shot to a guy who will be moving to a different weight class?

How does he have a better resume? He has a win over Gilbert burns. That’s it. You really trying to thump wins over Gerald meerschart and li jingliang?
Colby comparatively has wins over Masvidal, woodley, lawler, and won an interim title fight against rda. In no world is chimaevs body of work currently superior to Colby’s.

Those guys were not great at the time. He got Woodley on the tail end. Woodley hasn't won a fight in 5 years and the CC fight was 2.5 years ago. Lawler was totally washed. He lost 3 of 4 leading into the CC fight. Masvidal is a solid win.

Colby has lost to the only contender (2x) that he's fought in 4 years. You know losses count on the resume, too. And Chimaev doesn't have any.

Last edited:
Those guys are not good. He got Woodley on the tail end. Woodley hasn't won a fight in 5 years and the CC fight was 2.5 years ago. Lawler was totally washed. He lost 3 of 4 leading into the CC fight. Masvidal is a solid win. But again, most of Colby's accomplishments are ancient history.

Colby has lost to the only contender (2x) that he's fought in 4 years. You know losses count on the resume, too. And Chimaev doesn't have any.

Chimaev also only has one win. And he’s moving to middleweight, so again how does chimaev make sense as next title shot?

Those guys are not good. He got Woodley on the tail end. Woodley hasn't won a fight in 5 years and the CC fight was 2.5 years ago. Lawler was totally washed. He lost 3 of 4 leading into the CC fight. Masvidal is a solid win. But again, most of Colby's accomplishments are ancient history.

You could also play the “but that guy wasn’t any good” game with basically anyone. For example, look at Leon before his title shot. He fought tomato can cowboy cerrone, and almost got knocked out by a washed Nate Diaz. If Nate had gone for the finish instead of pointing and showboating, Leon probably would’ve gotten finished that night.

Btw, chimaev is supposedly fighting at middleweight his next fight. So your suggestion is to give next title shot to a guy who will be moving to a different weight class?

Idk about that, I just know he's still a ranked WW.

Like I said, I just want Colby to earn his 4th shot. You want to gift to him. Just beat Belal and I won't say ****.

Edit: so Dana announced this yesterday, BTW, and Chimaev is going to get Bobby Knuckles or a title shot. Imagine that....Whittaker, who has proven way more than Colby, has to re-earn his next shot. He's won 4 of the last 5 now beating 3 ranked guys and Darren Till. He just beat the #4 in his last fight. Still has to prove more, I guess.

Last edited:
Idk about that, I just know he's still a ranked WW.

Like I said, I just want Colby to earn his 4th shot. You want to gift to him. Just beat Belal and I won't say ****.

I just personally don’t care if he got it or didn’t. Chimaev is moving to a different weight class, so he’s out. Burns is fighting Masvidal soon. Usman just lost twice. That leaves Colby and Belal, which fight do you think sells more? Nobody paying to see Leon vs belal lol…
It’ll sort itself out anyways. Either Colby beats Leon and then all the crying about Colby getting the fight and not beating anyone gets silenced, or Colby loses and someone else moves up for next shot.

You could also play the “but that guy wasn’t any good” game with basically anyone. For example, look at Leon before his title shot. He fought tomato can cowboy cerrone, and almost got knocked out by a washed Nate Diaz. If Nate had gone for the finish instead of pointing and showboating, Leon probably would’ve gotten finished that night.

He dominated Nate Diaz, who is a good fighter. Nate wasn't finishing him with 5th round energy. When was the last time you saw Nate finish somebody on his feet? Gray Maynard 2013? I don't blame Edwards for getting a little careless late in the fight. He weathered the storm. He showed us something in that.

Nate Diaz is still a very good fighter as far as we know, and Leon mostly dominated him. Diaz has won 4 of his last 6 besides the Edwards fight, and he's fought mother****ers + probably a washed version of Ferguson. His 2 losses are a highly controversial one to McG, and a doctor stoppage because of a cut. We know with clarity that Lawler has been done for years. I'm using the benefit of hindsight, but that's how we know I'm right. You can't compare that version of Lawler to that version of Diaz.

And I'm not touting any of the Leon wins you are talking about. I was touting RDA and Usman x2. I should have mentioned Luque. Let's throw Diaz in now, since you brought it up. That's a great win.

Also, Edwards was beating Belal in a no contest from an eye poke.

Last edited:
He dominated Nate Diaz, who is a good fighter. Nate wasn't finishing him with 5th round energy. When was the last time you saw Nate finish somebody on his feet? Gray Maynard 2013? I don't blame Edwards for getting a little careless late in the fight. He weathered the storm. He showed us something in that.

Nate Diaz is still a very good fighter as far as we know, and Leon mostly dominated him. Diaz has won 4 of his last 6 besides the Edwards fight, and he's fought mother****ers + probably a washed version of Ferguson. His 2 losses are a highly controversial one to McG, and a doctor stoppage because of a cut. We know with clarity that Lawler has been done for years. I'm using the benefit of hindsight, but that's how we know I'm right. You can't compare that version of Lawler to that version of Diaz.

And I'm not touting any of the Leon wins you are talking about. I was touting RDA and Usman x2. I should have mentioned Luque. Let's throw Diaz in now, since you brought it up. That's a great win.

Dude Leon was on jello legs stumbling backwards while Nate walked around pointing and laughing instead of finishing. Beating Diaz wasn’t a “great” win. Diaz was getting mauled by Masvidal regardless of the eye cut, don’t pretend otherwise. Nate’s only win within 3 years or so of fighting Leon was over a washed Anthony Pettis who was on the last legs of his ufc career. Nate has 11 losses just in the ufc, and you want to tout that as a “great” win?lol… Luque and rda are good wins, sure. But like I said, Colby also had an rda win with a belt on the line and a win over Masvidal in which he basically manhandled Masvidal for 5 rounds.
But like I said, doesn’t really matter either way. Either Colby beats Leon and shuts everyone up or he loses and it’s on to the next contender.

What in the actual ****? 1 quality win in what, 4 years? Not one guy currently in the WW top 10. How do you get to be a contender in perpetuity for doing nothing? It's not even like his fights are especially fun. **** off Dana. **** off Colby

Perhaps you also thought the same thing about Leon before his last fight with Usman? The outrage you spew at matchups are comical. Colby has only lost to Usman. After his last loss to Usman Dana said he would not be fighting for the title. At the time only losing to the champion he doesn't fall that far. Now there is a new champion and a fight with Colby will sell. Nevermind the fact he is still top 3 in the division. I could not watch a sport and always be angry at the matchups. Maybe some can.

Congratulations to Leon and Justin both looked great last night. Can't wait to see what's in store for them.

How can you say chimaev if you’re going off big wins? He has 1 quality win over Gilbert burns. Who else ? Gerald meerschaert? Jingliang?

The Burns fight may have been different had it gone 5 rounds. Not saying for sure but would love to have seen 5 rounds that night.

Reactions: 615vols
By all means then, push him to the front of the line.

Do you think it was wrong for Edwards to pick Usman over Belal?

Considering how long Usman owned WW I find it very impressive by Leon in saying ok you thought it was a fluke let's run it back. No disrespect to Belal but he is not selling a fight to anyone. I love a deserving shot as much as anyone but these fighters have a limited time to capitalize on big money fights. It's all about money.

Lol Gerald Meerschart

The doctor stoppage of Nate? You mean the BMF fight? If so that was a mercy stoppage as he was getting destroyed by Jorge

Reactions: 615vols
Perhaps you also thought the same thing about Leon before his last fight with Usman? The outrage you spew at matchups are comical. Colby has only lost to Usman. After his last loss to Usman Dana said he would not be fighting for the title. At the time only losing to the champion he doesn't fall that far. Now there is a new champion and a fight with Colby will sell. Nevermind the fact he is still top 3 in the division. I could not watch a sport and always be angry at the matchups. Maybe some can.

Congratulations to Leon and Justin both looked great last night. Can't wait to see what's in store for them.

Huh? I have no problem with Dana pushing rising stars into contention with relatively thin resumes. You can't just keep the same guy (Colby) getting title shots over and over. That's the circumstances under which Leon got his title shot, and guess what? Everybody liked the result and it was good for the sport and the division. Edwards could be a great champion. Probably not, but this how it starts. Colby may finally win the title outright but he has proven he's not built to be a great champion. He is right on the margin of gatekeeper and champ caliber. We know what he is and it's not exciting or great.

IDK why so many (not just here) act like Diaz didn't go for it. Get in the best shape of your life and then fight for 24 minutes against somebody younger and more talented than you and see how much more you got in the tank than Diaz here. He tried. Edwards tied him up and did a good job creating distance. Such a sick moment. And Edwards' reign is making it all the more legendary. I love Diaz.

Huh? I have no problem with Dana pushing rising stars into contention with relatively thin resumes. You can't just keep the same guy (Colby) getting title shots over and over. That's the circumstances under which Leon got his title shot, and guess what? Everybody liked the result and it was good for the sport and the division. Edwards could be a great champion. Probably not, but this how it starts. Colby may finally win the title outright but he has proven he's not built to be a great champion. He is right on the margin of gatekeeper and champ caliber. We know what he is and it's not exciting or great.

He won the interim title and then had it ripped away while he was injured. Listen I am not with Colby's antics by any means but outside of Usman in their first fight no one in that division has had an answer for him. Even there 2nd fight although I felt the decision was right in Usman also won that fight Colby more than held his own in that fight. Don't let your personal hatred of a fighter cloud your better judgement.

UFC fights are booked first and foremost based on who will make the UFC the most money. And right now Belal is not getting anyone interested in him fighting for the title.

If Colby does beat Leon then the UFC makes the Leon vs Masvidal fight and then Belal fights Colby. This scenario makes the most business sense.

I totally forgot about Belal v Edwards fight. Was supposed to be Khamzat but he pulled out with Covid. But it proves my point no one was interested in that fight. It was a fight night at the Apex.

VN Store

Back