UFC Thread

Izzy opened as a -300 favorite and closed as -250 and got worked. I don't get why people were so confident in him. It's a big jump from MW to LHW and he's not a big MW.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I can't believe Teixeira might get a title shot. This division needs a shot in the arm. What did you guys think of Rakic? I didn't see his fight,

I can't believe Teixeira might get a title shot. This division needs a shot in the arm. What did you guys think of Rakic? I didn't see his fight,

Didn't see that fight...but yes I guess Glover will get the shot. Problem in LHW is some of the old dudes that just refuse to go away lol. They keep beating some of the prospects that come up. There's a bunch of sub 30 year olds right outside the top 5. Every time one of them makes a run they end up losing badly to an old guy.

I'm fine with the winner. Just too much weight for Izzy to give up

When you can't just out-muscle a guy you have to use technique. Izzy couldn't figure out how to escape. He's a long time kickboxer and hasn't had much ground experience. I think this will help him grow to be a better mma fighter.

Even when Jan was really tired Izzy didn't commit a ton. He pressured but always was wary of anything coming back. He was undefeated in mma but he's been knocked out badly before. He was rocked before at 185 and doesn't have an iron chin. Jan obviously hits harder than almost all 185'ers and Izzy was taking a massive risk. Makes me respect him even more. He's tall but not built like a 205'er.

IDK, man. I get that he didn't earn it but I've seen the guy behind on the cards win a million times and Yan took that opportunity away from him. I've also seen judges get the cards wrong, so who cares who was behind?
Imo Sterling had already given up yan was about to put on a clinic.

Didn't see that fight...but yes I guess Glover will get the shot. Problem in LHW is some of the old dudes that just refuse to go away lol. They keep beating some of the prospects that come up. There's a bunch of sub 30 year olds right outside the top 5. Every time one of them makes a run they end up losing badly to an old guy.
Guy I’m intrigued by is Jiri Prochazka looked great in his UFC debut against Volkan in July. Hopefully he can fight soon, his style would make him a fan favorite.

The streams are still alive. No card is worth the money.

Yea I know, I usually do stream. But the stream quality has been awful recently. All my go-to sites have been taken down. You have a certain few you use? I usually only buy when some of my family want to come watch, and I don't want to deal with a possible broken stream in the middle of a fight.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Leon edwards needs to learn to close his hands. His fingers were extended and flying forward the whole fight. He had already been warned and then he ends up almost taking Muhammad’s eye out.

Catching up on the fights from this weekend...stupid Bammer with the knee. I thought he was going to punch himself out of the fight but bailed everybody out with the knee.

So they officially announced chandler vs olivera for the now vacant title at ufc 262. Not sure I agree with that one. Poirier, gaethje, those are more deserving of a title shot than chandler and his one win in the ufc.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back