UFC Thread

But Jones put himself in this position. Imagine being Gus, not knowing am I going to fight a guy juiced up. That's who this is unfair too.

If Gus is worried about fighting a freak athlete, he has that problem whether or not Jones is juicing.

Even if Jones put this on himself, it doesn't make the mental burden any less. I don't know if you've ever had any bad choices come back to haunt you, or if you still have anguish over them, but just because you did something wrong doesn't mean you deserve to suffer for it forever. That aspect of it is actually what makes it so mentally trying, IMO.

Yeah, so his best season was 52 steals and 13 CS's, so he was only 3 steals above break even that year. It's just not a very effective way to produce runs.

What is wrong with you? I was just stating his %'s not arguing anything, if anything I was pointing out that it was really close to what's average for success, actually made a joke that he was more effective stealing juiced up.

What is wrong with you? I was just stating his %'s not arguing anything, if anything I was pointing out that it was really close to what's average for success, actually made a joke that he was more effective stealing juiced up.

Sorry I made a point.

If Gus is worried about fighting a freak athlete, he has that problem whether or not Jones is juicing.

Even if Jones put this on himself, it doesn't make the mental burden any less. I don't know if you've ever had any bad choices come back to haunt you, or if you still have anguish over them, but just because you did something wrong doesn't mean you deserve to suffer for it forever. That aspect of it is actually what makes it so mentally trying, IMO.

Gus has been trying to get this fight for years, I don't think he's worried about a "normal" Jones.

Suffer forever? It was 16 months ago, without any real contrition about it aside from some crocodile tears and a default Jesus comment from him. So yeah if I do something messed up 16 months ago then people can give me **** about it, I'll fully own it. I dont care about his mental state, cause it's just as likely that he's somewhere laughing that he got over. Again.

To be fair to Jones, as a fellow borderline sociopath we don't really care about past transgressions. We just fake it because, well that's what "normal" people expect of us.

I heard Brendan Schaub ranting about that on YouTube today, pretty messed up.

Well Jon turned snitch, I mean "assisted USADA" for a lesser sentence. You know who turns snitch? People that do what they are accused of. If Jones fails another test after the fight I will die laughing.

I can't find any info verifying/refuting it was just 1 picogram of this metabolite in Mir, so I guess we'll take his word that it was the same amount. There isn't a double standard here because that was Mir's first suspension. Jones isn't getting suspended because he already got punished for this. Jones may be guilty, but this is not proof of recent use. It's just proof that he did it once.

Take a grain of salt and divide it into 58 million pieces....that's a picogram. They are seeing pulsing in multiple sports, this isn't just a UFC thing out of nowhere, which is why this picogram does not trigger another suspension.

Who cares! Frank Mir always has too much to say about all the wrong things. I’m sorry I love Frank Mir, he’s a great guy but this is the problem. … The problem that this does cause is that it gives everybody that has tested positive in the past. It gives them a reason to now get on their soapbox and start complaining and say ‘well this was one that I took a long time ago and I didn’t get the same treatment.’ Bearing in mind, remember that Frank Mir also said that he tested positive because he ingested kangaroo meat and the steroids were in the kangaroo meat because farmers inject cattle and livestock with steroids to make them bigger.

The only problem with that Frank is that kangaroos are not ******* bred in captivity or they’re not farmed at all they’re just caught in the wild. So that whole theory’s out the window. - Bisping

Last edited:
I know it's in Novitsky's best interest for Jones to be innocent, but he's actually talking about the science involved. Mir, DC, etc. they also have conflicts of interest when they speak, and they're not saying anything substantial. "**** USADA"...good point, DC. "This happened to me and they didn't treat me like this"...no, that's not actually what happened, Frank.

Novitzky to Joe, "we have to understand there is a difference between oral and straight T-Bol"
Joe; "Well, What's the difference?"
Novitzky, "Oh, I don't know"

Dana and Novitzky, "Jones hasn't had anything show up since 2017" a few days later, "Its shown up 3 different times"

When Jones popped last time. Novitzky, "This leaves your system in 3-4 days." A fee weeks later, "Oh it hangs around 4-6 months"

The dude isn't a scientist or a drug expert so stop pretending like he is. He doesn't work for USADA he works for the UFC. Get me a real expert and I'll listen. Joe was such a joke in that damage control interview.

Reactions: LittleCat
I also like how they just say it was 40-60 picograms, like in his whole body. It's 40-60 per milliliter, Right?

And I want proof that it's happening (pulsing) in other sports, besides Dana and Novitzky just saying it. Otherwise it's just more talk.

Last edited:
I also like how they just say it was 40-60 picograms, like in his whole body. It's 40-60 per milliliter, Right?

And I want proof that it's happening (pulsing) in other sports, besides Dana and Novitzky just saying it. Otherwise it's just more talk.

I didn't immediately find anything on other sports having it, but here are other people confirming that it is a thing.

20181229_135236.jpg

You won't find anything immediately, later on tonight, or tomorrow about another sport saying it, cause they haven't. I knew this when I posted that. That's them saying it's happening in Jones, not that it's happening in other sports. I've also yet to hear an explanation as to why Jones picograms were higher in every proceeding test. Is it because training was releasing them from fat cells?

BTW, this is all based off one dudes research Right? The guy from Icarus injected himself, then tested his own pee and found this out. Not saying that makes his findings invalid, but it seems like they need to do a sh*t ton more research in this before they just claim it's gospel. I don't really understand how they can say with 100% certainty that this is left over from before, based on one dude. Seems like he would have need to run his research, then a few months after he tests himself dose again, wait a month or so after he stopped the second time, then test himself and compare the 2 samples. If the second test has higher levels it makes this a lot more valid, but if they are the same you have an issue.

VN Store

Back