UFC Thread

Yeah so he could theoretically calculate how long it takes it to get out of your system, juice then if it pops a little, scream residuals.

Or people could just follow the rules and not cheat.

Are you just guessing that this is a doable plan for beating the system? If it is, they need to change the system.

Regardless, it's not an amount that disqualifies him. It's like somebody blew a .0001 and you're made he didn't get a DUI.

Are you just guessing that this is a doable plan for beating the system? If it is, they need to change the system.

Regardless, it's not an amount that disqualifies him. It's like somebody blew a .0001 and you're made he didn't get a DUI.

Well I did say theoretically.

Nobody is mad you giant vagina.

Well, you're making bad points and you insulted me in response to my pointing out objective facts. You seem a little unreasonable

Making bad points=being mad? Lol I am sorry that I insulted you and hurt you poor little feelings. Feel better now?

I'm not being unreasonable, I'm having a discussion. And in typical fashion you start with the your mad nonsense.

That means you are saying it's possible, and I'm asking if you actually know it's possible?

I would imagine everyone that juices beats the system this way, no? Calculate days before testing, take with x amount of days left over to get it cleared out of your system. It's not exactly rocket surgery. So yeah theoretically it should work.

Kind of like someone that smokes pot knows their company tests every 6 months, so they give themselves enough leeway to pass.

Kind of like someone that smokes pot knows their company tests every 6 months, so they give themselves enough leeway to pass.

But UFC fighters don't know when the tests are.

It's possible to get lucky and beat the system this way, but you initially said "calculate", and I dunno how you do that if you don't know when you will be tested.

But UFC fighters don't know when the tests are.

It's possible to get lucky and beat the system this way, but you initially said "calculate", and I dunno how you do that if you don't know when you will be tested.

Do you know that for a fact? Do you know USADA is 100% clean?

So the man who questions every little dumb unimportant thing on the planet, thinks USADA is clean. Lol And we are done.

So the man who questions every little dumb unimportant thing on the planet, thinks USADA is clean. Lol And we are done.

I didn't say they're clean. I mocked the idea that they are cheating for one of the very few big names they've busted...twice.

You are right that Bones has only been pinged on known testing dates, which i think debunks the idea that JJ can calculate a plan that will allow him to clear these specific PED's from his system.

I didn't say they're clean. I mocked the idea that they are cheating for one of the very few big names they've busted...twice.

You are right that Bones has only been pinged on known testing dates, which i think debunks the idea that JJ can calculate a plan that will allow him to clear these specific PED's from his system.

Or maybe they just miscalculated 2 out of, say, 10 times, resulting in trace amounts being found. I'm not saying he is or isn't doing this, just that in theory it is possible, but to just say, "nope can't happen" is naive. I'm also not saying USADA is or isn't dirty, but to just say "nope they wouldn't alert a fighter" with so much money flowing. Is also a bit naive. IMO

Maybe Jones is 100% clean now, but he will forever be questioned when he pops. He is now the Barry Bonds of MMA, though Barry never popped, him and his fans just have to live with it now. And I say this as the biggest Bonds fan out there.

Sidenote; Bonds was a complete idiot cause he was on his way to being the greatest all around baseball player of all time, and instead became a one trick pony. But that's a fight for another day. Lol

Or maybe they just miscalculated 2 out of, say, 10 times, resulting in trace amounts being found. I'm not saying he is or isn't doing this, just that in theory it is possible, but to just say, "nope can't happen" is naive. I'm also not saying USADA is or isn't dirty, but to just say "nope they wouldn't alert a fighter" with so much money flowing. Is also a bit naive. IMO

Maybe Jones is 100% clean now, but he will forever be questioned when he pops. He is now the Barry Bonds of MMA, though Barry never popped, him and his fans just have to live with it now. And I say this as the biggest Bonds fan out there.

Sidenote; Bonds was a complete idiot cause he was on his way to being the greatest all around baseball player of all time, and instead became a one trick pony. But that's a fight for another day. Lol

I hated Bonds so much as a Braves fan who wanted Aaron to keep the record, but in hindsight, Bonds probably was the greatest player ever and I don't care how he got there (especially considering the lines on juicing were pretty blurred when he started). The game is so different in so many ways, it's not really comparable to Ruth/Aaron/Maris even if he were clean. Also, he didn't just barely hit 62 HR's, he hit 73 while setting the record for walks. He became a one trick pony, but stealing bases and D are a little overrated. Maybe he slowed down and got you 12 fewer outs per season, or whatever, but he was making up for that. He got on base that many times in 5 games.

I mean is he just allowed to have anabolic steroids in his system for the rest of his career now with no repercussion?

No. Nobody is suggesting that. This was not a violation. As long as he's not violating the rules, he's good. If he is caught violating the rules, he'll get punished, just like both other times.

No idea why people act like he's ever had any special exceptions.

I hated Bonds so much as a Braves fan who wanted Aaron to keep the record, but in hindsight, Bonds probably was the greatest player ever and I don't care how he got there (especially considering the lines on juicing were pretty blurred when he started). The game is so different in so many ways, it's not really comparable to Ruth/Aaron/Maris even if he were clean. Also, he didn't just barely hit 62 HR's, he hit 73 while setting the record for walks. He became a one trick pony, but stealing bases and D are a little overrated. Maybe he slowed down and got you 12 fewer outs per season, or whatever, but he was making up for that. He got on base that many times in 5 games.

I said another day damn it. Lol I was always a Giants fan, but I was also a Bonds as a Pirate fan, so when he signed with us it was one of my happier moments in sports.

I agree steals are a bit overrated. It would be interesting to know how many of those walks turned into runs, vs when he would get on base and steal second. Of course that would also be skewed by talent around him.

His D I tend to disagree on, he wasn't creating errors or anything really, but he just couldn't get to a hit like he used to and it cost extra bases and runs. He probably would have been served to move to the AL his last few years and be a DH. And he should be in The Hall so **** baseball.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I said another day damn it. Lol I was always a Giants fan, but I was also a Bonds as a Pirate fan, so when he signed with us it was one of my happier moments in sports.

I agree steals are a bit overrated. It would be interesting to know how many of those walks turned into runs, vs when he would get on base and steal second. Of course that would also be skewed by talent around him.

His D I tend to disagree on, he wasn't creating errors or anything really, but he just couldn't get to a hit like he used to and it cost extra bases and runs. He probably would have been served to move to the AL his last few years and be a DH. And he should be in The Hall so **** baseball.

Billy Beane did the math on steals, and IIRC, you have to have a 74% success rate on stolen bases just to break even (in terms of average runs scored). It's not a very good way to produce runs, but it is a nice threat to have for sure (for occupying the pitcher's mind, and if you need to play late game small ball).

No. Nobody is suggesting that. This was not a violation. As long as he's not violating the rules, he's good. If he is caught violating the rules, he'll get punished, just like both other times.

No idea why people act like he's ever had any special exceptions.

Nobody is acting like he has.

And Grace is posing the same thing I said, the potential ability to cheat then claim that residual as the reason why. It's a reasonable thing to question.

If Jon Jones is guilty, then whatever, but if he has done everything right, and this is pulsing like Novitsky suggests, can you imagine what's going on in his head right now? How do you stay mentally focused on the task at hand?

1545667475187.png

Nobody is acting like he has.

And Grace is posing the same thing I said, the potential ability to cheat then claim that residual as the reason why. It's a reasonable thing to question.

I think it's fine to question the rule, but it's a rule for a reason. Everybody is allowed to have this trace amount in their system because it's not strong enough evidence of wrong-doing.

Billy Beane did the math on steals, and IIRC, you have to have a 74% success rate on stolen bases just to break even (in terms of average runs scored). It's not a very good way to produce runs, but it is a nice threat to have for sure (for occupying the pitcher's mind, and if you need to play late game small ball).

Bonds success rate was 78.5% fwiw. But it was 77.7% before steroids vs 85.7% after. Going by where I think he probably started, so more efficient juiced. Lol

If Jon Jones is guilty, then whatever, but if he has done everything right, and this is pulsing like Novitsky suggests, can you imagine what's going on in his head right now? How do you stay mentally focused on the task at hand?

View attachment 185247

But Jones put himself in this position. Imagine being Gus, not knowing am I going to fight a guy juiced up. That's who this is unfair too.

Bonds success rate was 78.5% fwiw. But it was 77.7% before steroids vs 85.7% after. Going by where I think he probably started, so more efficient juiced. Lol

Yeah, so his best season was 52 steals and 13 CS's, so he was only 3 steals above break even that year. It's just not a very effective way to produce runs.

VN Store

Back