UF Players Declare for the NFL Draft

Oh but Florida was obviously on the same talent level as Tennessee because they only went 4-7. So how many top NFL prospects does TN have? Lol.

I think you've been pretty consistent on expectations before the Pruitt era began, so this really isn't directed at you.

However, the horse has been beaten to death about Tennessee having higher rated recruiting classes than Florida on this board.

I also have to wonder what the draft prospects of some of these guys would be if Dan Mullen did not walk in the door.

Polite, as an example, owes the new staff a percentage of his signing bonus

I think you've been pretty consistent on expectations before the Pruitt era began, so this really isn't directed at you.

However, the horse has been beaten to death about Tennessee having higher rated recruiting classes than Florida on this board.

I also have to wonder what the draft prospects of some of these guys would be if Dan Mullen did not walk in the door.

Polite, as an example, owes the new staff a percentage of his signing bonus

You’re so right about Polite. Polite was a bloated, hand-in-the-ground DE/DT before Mullen and staff arrived. He flashed, but never dominated. One offseason in a real strength program, he sheds about 30 lbs of lazy fat, real defensive coaches looked at him and said “damn, this dude needs to be turned the hell loose on QB’s from a outside LB/Rush End position” and before you know it, the guy is challenging Alex Brown’s single season sack record at UF and being projected in the first round of the NFL draft.

All indications are that Florida has a coach again. And when Florida has a coach, stuff gets hung in the Swamp.

Polite and Taylor were expected. Polite is a tweener size-wise, but he was a beast for us all season long.

Scarlett should perform well in the combine, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I think Perine was easily our best RB this season.

Vosean Joseph declaring is a mistake. He got some bad advice.

I think Scarlett will be a UFA. Perine is coming back but I think he could be landed in the later rounds.

I think Scarlett will be a UFA. Perine is coming back but I think he could be landed in the later rounds.

You might be right about Scarlett. He’s a workout warrior, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he kills it in the combine and gets drafted earlier than expected.

UF had a crowded house at RB if Scarlett returned, and if you asked UF fans who they’d rather have back out of Scarlett or Perine, most would choose Perine.

Reactions: Gatornator
Perine and Shuler coming back, Van Jefferson and Zuniga. Our roster is looking great next year.
That’s big time news

Mullen slick like that had 2 big commits then this weekend then after Chris Steele commited every hour dropped these names as coming back for senior year

Nicely done

All four are huge to get back but Perine is the one I was worried scouts liked his tape a lot def more then Scarlett

Reactions: Gatorsec
What an incredible weekend for Florida. They get an unexpected 4-star commit from Henderson, get an expected 5-star commit from Steele, then get all these guys coming back for their Senior seasons. And all 4 are key players. If UF can get their o-line figured out between now and the fall - LOOK OUT!
Trust in Hevesy and Savage

Heggie and Buchanon were pretty great this year their back

Maybe a slow start to the year but they will improve I’m confident in that

Oh but Florida was obviously on the same talent level as Tennessee because they only went 4-7. So how many top NFL prospects does TN have? Lol.
9 years as a head coach playing bama LSU auburn etc while being heavily undermanned makes for a little difference between the 2 coaches also

Pruitt just went thru boot camp while Mullen is a decade in

Goes to show what good coaching can do. Florida is a prime example. If he can win at MSU he will win titles at UF. Meanwhile we showed little to no improvement

Reactions: NashVol4life
Good for those guys to return.
I hope we get a grad transfer for OL and get the young guys ready to play.
OL will start rough but will get better as year goes on

You tell us...prior to the 2018 season, the party line around these parts was UT and UF were on par talent-wise due to comparable 4-win seasons in 2017.

We were not even close to UF in talent and havent been for quite some time. Some TN fans look solely on the huge classes that Butch signed and made themselves believe that we were close. Its all BS. UF has had more speed, strength and playmakers on both sides of the ball for quite some time. While you guys did go 4-7, you didnt go winless in the SEC.

Reactions: NashVol4life
I can't believe those guys had so many juniors who are potential draft picks. This makes sense with the season they had.

VN Store

Back