Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
The list so far...

CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
OT Jawaan Taylor
DE Jachai Polite
LB Vosean Joseph
RB Jordan Scarlett

Coupe of solid prospects in there. Glad we aren’t facing a couple of them next year.

Polite is the real deal and could be a top 10 pick... Taylor could go in the first round, but probably 2nd. I'm not sure about the others. I'm a little surprised to see Scarlett's name on that list.

Reactions: Remy
Polite is the real deal and could be a top 10 pick... Taylor could go in the first round, but probably 2nd. I'm not sure about the others. I'm a little surprised to see Scarlett's name on that list.
Might just be one of those cases where kid is just tired of school.

Polite and Taylor were expected. Polite is a tweener size-wise, but he was a beast for us all season long.

Scarlett should perform well in the combine, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I think Perine was easily our best RB this season.

Vosean Joseph declaring is a mistake. He got some bad advice.

The three I’m hoping stick around are Lamichael Perine, Van Jefferson and Jabari Zuniga.

Perine coming back makes Scarlett leaving obsolete, Zuniga coming back numbs the pain of losing Polite because he presents a stout pass rush presence and Van Jefferson simply because he’s our best WR and is valuable to the passing game. The only somewhat surprise on the list is Vosean Joseph simply because he was so up-and-down. He had a horrible Sophomore year, and then either looked like a superstar or liability this past season. Looked all-world v LSU, looked lost v UGA. But UF has plenty of returning LB’s and will be fine.

UF’s weakest positions next year will be the o-line. They have plenty of dudes there, but not much experience. The other spot is a pass rusher in addition to Zuniga. UF is loaded at every other position.

Scarlett moving on is the right decision. RB at UF is loaded. Perine (if he stays), Pierce and hopefully a healthy Davis would be our first RBs. Then Clement and Wright. Scarlett would be sharing more with them, and he has hit his ceiling this year and likely is better off going.

Joseph is a mistake. He could have improved a lot more and think he goes undrafted, or maybe a 5th rounder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws
Scarlett moving on is the righ decision. RB at UF is loaded. Perine (if he stays), Pierce and hopefully a healthy Davis would be our first RBs. Then Clement and Wright. Scarlett would be sharing more with them, and he has hit his ceiling this year and likely is better off going.

Joseph is a mistake. He could have improved a lot more and think he goes undrafted, or maybe a 5th rounder.

Joseph is a good example of someone who will need a really good Combine, because he put some horrific play on film and he also put some All-American freak plays on film. So he’s inconsistent but has high potential.

If he goes out and runs a 4.6 forty or generally kicks ass at the Combine, he’ll move into higher rounds.

The list so far...

CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
OT Jawaan Taylor
DE Jachai Polite
LB Vosean Joseph
RB Jordan Scarlett
Perine coming back that’s huge! Boy was a beast this year and he really showed up in the big games

Not to mention he was the only guy they ran the option with and that **** was very effective for how uncomfortable franks looked running it I swear it felt like it went for 20+ every time

Couldn’t be happier it was Jordan Scarlett instead

Last edited:
Scarlett leaving is actually good maybe that most likely means Perine and Pierce as the main duo

Plus Malik Davis and Nay’Quan Wright

Yep I’m good with him leaving

And Jawaan Taylor being the 2nd best OT behind Greg Little says it all when it comes to Hevesy the new OL coach

Ivey even said the last guy didn’t really teach technique much while Hevesy does so daily said he didn’t have to think about anything it was basically ingrained which in turn made his job a lot easier

Vosean Joseph is hurting himself By not improve literally all aspects or his game

Only reason he can even consider this is Granthem system racking him up a decent amount of sacks and tfls

But hey I think this should mean a lot more James Houston who I thought looked great when he was given the chance

Perine and Shuler coming back, Van Jefferson and Zuniga. Our roster is looking great next year.

What an incredible weekend for Florida. They get an unexpected 4-star commit from Henderson, get an expected 5-star commit from Steele, then get all these guys coming back for their Senior seasons. And all 4 are key players. If UF can get their o-line figured out between now and the fall - LOOK OUT!

What an incredible weekend for Florida. They get an unexpected 4-star commit from Henderson, get an expected 5-star commit from Steele, then get all these guys coming back for their Senior seasons. And all 4 are key players. If UF can get their o-line figured out between now and the fall - LOOK OUT!

Our OL situation is a huge “if”.

That said, getting Perine, Zuniga and Jefferson back for another year is huge for Mullen.

WR rotation of Jefferson, Cleveland, Grimes, Swain, Hammond, Toney and Copeland.

RB rotation of Perine, Pierce, and hopefully an improved Malik Davis.

Skill positions are stacked for the first time in a long time.

Last edited:

Hell, two minutes after I posted this David Reese announced he’s returning for his senior year too. 😂

What a weekend!

Our OL situation is a huge “if”.

That said, getting Perine, Zuniga and Jefferson back for another year is huge for Mullen.

WR rotation of Jefferson, Grimes, Swain, Hammond, Toney and Copeland.

RB rotation of Perine, Pierce, and hopefully an improved Malik Davis.

Skill positions are stacked for the first time in a long time.

That, plus damn near everyone returns from an already great defense. Only loss is Chauncey, which is covered by a healthy returning Marco Wilson.

All eyes on the o-line this offseason.

This is great news.

So to recap, this has been UF’s weekend: Juniors - WR’s Tyrie Cleveland and Van Jefferson returning, RB Lamichal Perine returning, DT Adam Shuler returning, DE Jabari Zuniga returning, LB David Reese returning. That’s 6 DUDES.

In addition, a 4-star WR and 5-star CB commit.

Oh but Florida was obviously on the same talent level as Tennessee because they only went 4-7. So how many top NFL prospects does TN have? Lol.

Reactions: NashVol4life
Oh but Florida was obviously on the same talent level as Tennessee because they only went 4-7. So how many top NFL prospects does TN have? Lol.

That’s a really good point. Everyone was saying UF and UT we’re about even talent-wise coming into this season. And if you judge by recruiting rankings, it looked that way. I think Mullen and staff did a helluva job developing talent this year.

I’m not sure who UT has that will get drafted, I’m sure there are some. Shy Tuttle? Calloway? Jennings?

You tell us...prior to the 2018 season, the party line around these parts was UT and UF were on par talent-wise due to comparable 4-win seasons in 2017.

Reactions: Jaws

VN Store

Back