Who wins todays game? 1vs2

• UCONN

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • USC

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • I couldn’t care less.

Votes: 34 44.7%

• Total voters
UConn, it will come down to adjustments and Geno is one of the best at it unfortunately.

I'm gonna pick SC - 72-62. Paige will get hers, but SC will limit Azzi and Boston, Amihere, Cooke and Henderson will carry the scoring load for SC enough to come out with the win.

SC steamrolling in their first two games helps a lot here. They limited their starter minutes yesterday and will come out with fresher legs. 4 of UConn's starters played over 30 min yesterday. If they want to slip Azzi in the lineup, not sure who they take out: Westbrook or Edwards? If they try to play with 1 post, they will get murdered inside. If they go with Edwards, well...they'll still get murdered inside and lose a perimeter scoring threat. Should be an interesting game!

SC pulling in front 40-38. That offensive rebound/putback by Boston was comical in how overmatched UConn was trying to box her out.

SC just scored 6 points in about 12 seconds off turnovers and leading by 6.

Question for those watching this game. When UCONN has the ball. The player with the ball pivots into the defender basically setting a screen for the offensive player trying to get the hand off or get her free. How is this not a moving screen on the player with the ball? She basically hip checks the defender each time.

Question for those watching this game. When UCONN has the ball. The player with the ball pivots into the defender basically setting a screen for the offensive player trying to get the hand off or get her free. How is this not a moving screen on the player with the ball? She basically hip checks the defender each time.
I've seen lots of moving screens from UConn in years past, but I don't think anything they are doing is particularly egregious.

ONO has stuffed Boston twice this game so far. Surprised she isn't getting dominated more.

I've seen lots of moving screens from UConn in years past, but I don't think anything they are doing is particularly egregious.

ONO has stuffed Boston twice this game so far. Surprised she isn't getting dominated more.
Thing is if a player without the ball remotely comes close to sticking their hip out it’s called. Should be called for the one holding the ball as well

8-0 UConn run to take the lead by 2. Amihere heading to the line to try to tie it up. Misses both, but a steal by SC and layup on the run from Cooke ties it up.

Really entertaining game so far. Cooke and Boston are playing outstanding for SC.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Refs a bit one sided in favor of UConn. They've called 14 SC fouls vs. 9 for UConn, and SC is playing more aggressively on offense.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
6-0 point turnaround for in the 3rd quarter to go up 57-54 heading into the 4th. Azzi has barely played, and I'm not sure Geno risks it. He's putting his eggs in the Bueckers bucket for the 4th quarter for sure.

SC mucks up the paint on defense with all those bigs hard to get anything going in a half court for anyone this year.

Reactions: JustaChicken
SC amping up the defense and have cut out the turnovers. UConn has had 2 turnovers in their last two possessions.

VN Store

Back