UConn Tickets

The only thing I can think of is we don’t have scring depth at all. Even with the UConn injuries, they still have 3 players that can score 20 plus. Besides Jordan and Rickea we don’t have anyone else.

But if we only played seven players. Horston and Jackson would each average 20 per game.

Darby would average 10 per game. And Walker, Puckett, Striplin, and Franklin would average between 5 and 10.

So maybe no one's going to pop off for 20 out of that second group but it's not nothing. Any of them can have a 10-point game with more minutes.

though it factors in, he never (as far as I can remember) uses a small roster as an excuse tho,,,most coaches would

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Auriemma personally, but I have always been appreciative of his handling of the injury/illness curse. Connecticut, Tennessee and Stanford always stand out in my mind as the top three programs that have had seasons most drastically altered by major injury and/or illness over the decades. I'm talking about seasons in which, if NOONE had been injured or ill that they were in the discussions pre-season as possible (or even likely) to reach the Final Four, but then that awful series of things happen to take it away. Ugh.

But if we only played seven players. Horston and Jackson would each average 20 per game.

Darby would average 10 per game. And Walker, Puckett, Striplin, and Franklin would average between 5 and 10.

So maybe no one's going to pop off for 20 out of that second group but it's not nothing. Any of them can have a 10-point game with more minutes.
Exactly this roster have two top 5 draft picks and a talented supporting cast which that 3 scorer can come from anywhere they are very balanced right now with one of the best benches in the nation we are fine..

I hope you're joking. Fudd and PB are not equal to Suarez and Key.🤣🤣🤣

Key a four year starter, paint enforcer, shot blocker
Suarez starter, first off the bench when not starting

in your world maybe
All four players live on planet Earth and eat food. Beyond that, the comparison isn't close.

Maybe a legit discussion if, heaven forbid, we were missing RJ and JH.

Key a four year starter, paint enforcer, shot blocker
Suarez starter, first off the bench when not starting

in your world maybe
I should almost put you ignore for this. But I like reading your posts too much. Comparing Suarez to either one of Paige or Azzi is insane. There is no way someone would rather have Suarez over Fudd or PB.

I should almost put you ignore for this. But I like reading your posts too much. Comparing Suarez to either one of Paige or Azzi is insane. There is no way someone would rather have Suarez over Fudd or PB.
To me indeed the comparison is not equal. But Kellie started Marta,. I didn't. I wouldn't. But that said for this team ran by coach K,, it's a lot more equal than you guys think it is....Kellie started Marta When I never would have done so. But I don't run this team she does and in her mind Marta was a starter

Last edited:
Because he never plays more than six or seven in big games anyway.

The issue for Geno currently is the fact that the 6th and 7th active players are theoretically players 9 and 10 on the roster, number 10 being a freshman.

To me indeed the comparison is not equal. But Kellie started Marta,. I didn't. I wouldn't. But that said for this team ran by coach K,, it's a lot more equal than you guys think it is....Kellie started Marta When I never would have done so. But I don't run this team she does and in her mind Marta was a starter
Of course, because who Kellie Harper starts and doesn't start is a clear indication of ability, right?

This is nonsense, even for you.

This forum is the exception because no where else National Sports media, National TV broadcast, Social Media etc has spectators gone to the extent of talking propaganda to attempt to discredit the success/ability of a basketball player of Tamari Key’s ability as posters on VolNation. A decorated player nationwide at the C position. Every single game she sits supporting her teammates she is honored by the game announcers who clearly acknowledge and understand how great of a basketball player a healthy TK is and means to the game of basketball.
Some of you need to chill with the nonsense.

Of course, because who Kellie Harper starts and doesn't start is a clear indication of ability, right?

This is nonsense, even for you.
You don't always star your 5 best players, just the players with the best chemistry. Besides, its always good to have a good player coming off the bench.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sounds good but there is probably less than 2% of Head Coaches in college basketball that would bring a Top 5 player in the country off the bench for over half or most of the season.
We’ll see!

Sounds good but there is probably less than 2% of Head Coaches in college basketball that would bring a Top 5 player in the country off the bench for over half or most of the season.
We’ll see!

Probably only 1 coach would do that. But she is the coach and maybe she has a reason that I am not grasping at the moment.

You don't always star your 5 best players, just the players with the best chemistry. Besides, its always good to have a good player coming off the bench.
Sometimes coaches do that. But not with a player this good. This is a whole different level.
Probably only 1 coach would do that. But she is the coach and maybe she has a reason that I am not grasping at the moment.
KJH said postgame the other night she thinks RJ plays better when she plays less. Sounded like she's looking for even less mins for her! Quality not quantity she said. BS I said. I firmly believe more mins for RJ would be added quality. But you're right, she's coach. And I hope to hell she's right.

Test of whether KJH really believes her theory will be how much RJ plays against UConn. Bet she'll be looking for more then.

...KJH said postgame the other night she thinks RJ plays better when she plays less. Sounded like she's looking for even less mins for her! Quality not quantity she said. BS I said. I firmly believe more mins for RJ would be added quality. But you're right, she's coach. And I hope to hell she's right....

If Coach K stays with this strategy, she has set herself up in doing this to one of two options,,,genius or ummm,,,not genius
I do hope it to be the former

Sometimes coaches do that. But not with a player this good. This is a whole different level.

KJH said postgame the other night she thinks RJ plays better when she plays less. Sounded like she's looking for even less mins for her! Quality not quantity she said. BS I said. I firmly believe more mins for RJ would be added quality. But you're right, she's coach. And I hope to hell she's right.

Test of whether KJH really believes her theory will be how much RJ plays against UConn. Bet she'll be looking for more then.

This! And what stinks about the whole situation is we only have RJ for a year. Also, as it sits, we’re not exactly looking to reload with any talent (of RJs caliber) after this season.

This! And what stinks about the whole situation is we only have RJ for a year. Also, as it sits, we’re not exactly looking to reload with any talent (of RJs caliber) after this season.
then again if coach K is proven to be right,,,there will be a line at the portal door

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Every team has to compensate for injuries. However what UConn is enduring this season is quite a bit more difficult than most. Bueckers and top-five recruit Brady out for the season. They lost Dorka for nine games. They lost their starting point guard for one game. Currently, Caroline Ducharme, Ayanna Paterson, and of course Azzi Fudd are all out. Their assistant coach fainted during a game. Geno was out for four games, and by all accounts hasn’t fully recovered yet. AND, to top it all off, their mascot Is out of action after a medical procedure. As has been noted, their two bench players would not see time if not for the rash of injuries. Ines, was a 17-year-old freshman heading to a community college when they offered her an end of the bench position, and she has been forced into meaningful minutes during games. UConn Coaches have claimed that the active players are physically and mentally exhausted.

There’s a thread on the UConn board questioning if five injured players (Bueckers, Fudd, Brady, Ducharme, Patterson) could beat this year‘s starting five. Most feel the five injured players would win.

Side note: One of their recruits for next year has decided to enroll early and will be joining the team this week. There’s some speculation if they will waste a year of eligibility and allow her to play this year, or if it’s just an acclamation situation. She is a 17 year old post from Egypt.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back