'19 UCF QB Dillon Gabriel (Transfer portal)

I would say Heupel would look past any bad feelings if he thought he could help him win, but with Hooker, this isn’t a good place for Gabriel. Ole Miss, Baylor, or Oklahoma would be better spots for him with a clearer path to starting.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
People on VN talk crap about others in here and we forgive them.......pretty sure CJH can forgive a 19 yr old who spoke when he was hurt and angry. Not a big deal. My God, that sh!+ probably happens all the time at practice and locker rooms.

Not a deal beaker if he is even remotely interested in UT.

Last edited:
Heupel after the game on Hooker, “He’s going to be okay (speaking of injury). And his best football is still ahead.” I took it as a hint that Hooker will be back for another year.
Or ahead meaning the bowl game and the NFL.

Reactions: VFLBerg
Nobody knows if he likes Heup or not…. He was pissed Heup left which is probably a good indicator that he liked Heup and was hurt that he left to come to Tennessee.

Best I recall he was mad JH hadn’t said told the team he was leaving and didn’t think CJH was going to even address the team. I think he didn’t eventually make contact with his UCF team and that smoothed over that issue

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
People on VN talk crap about others in here and we forgive them.......pretty sure CJH can forgive a 19 yr old who spoke when he was hurt and angry. Not a big deal. My God, that sh!+ probably happens all the time at practice and locker rooms.

Not a deal beaker if he is even remotely interested in UT.

I don’t think Heupel would care. You’re right. I was just saying I think Gabriel holds a grudge and wouldn’t want to come here. There is a difference. It wasn’t Heupel who talked smack it was Gabriel. He seems like the one who’d have a problem.

Besides, I think Hooker ultimately comes back. And, if he doesn’t, there will be better options in the portal.

Reactions: peaygolf
Nobody knows if he likes Heup or not…. He was pissed Heup left which is probably a good indicator that he liked Heup and was hurt that he left to come to Tennessee.
We will see, I guess I should say never say never.

VN Store

Back