Tyler Summit Today ....

I won’t mention any names, but some posters in this thread show a shocking lack of empathy. I could be wrong, but I’d be willing to bet those same posters in real life claim to be “good Christians,” too. Sad.

Can't be sure, but I imagine I'm included in your "some posters". To be clear, my reaction is very plainly - don't blame everyone else for an individual failing. I have enough failings of my own. Other than the obvious fact that he made a bad choice, I have not been casting stones, condemning him to eternal damnation, or generally trashing him. I haven't said he shouldn't be forgiven, supported, etc. Somehow I doubt you have sufficient information to draw the conclusions (about "some posters") you have drawn - best I can tell most are also reacting to blaming everyone else - though having spent 35 active years of my 61 in the CoC, I'm very familiar with the tactic.

Reactions: volman128
I'm not in the category of giving TS "a pass." I am in the category of understanding how a 23 year old male can screw-up and have a moral failing. Recognize the mistake and how serious it was and then live thereafter doing better each day as time moves on down the line. Me? I'm thankful there weren't cell phone cameras back in my day. But wish I did take a few pictures of some holier than thou looking down their noses female types whose claim to fame was killing a quart of Colt 45 and deny it to this very day.

I still always wonder how this would have turned out if Pat were still here.

I won’t mention any names, but some posters in this thread show a shocking lack of empathy. I could be wrong, but I’d be willing to bet those same posters in real life claim to be “good Christians,” too. Sad.
Do we need to self-identify for statistical analysis? Put me in the extremely flawed Christian column, please.

I'm not in the category of giving TS "a pass." I am in the category of understanding how a 23 year old male can screw-up and have a moral failing. Recognize the mistake and how serious it was and then live thereafter doing better each day as time moves on down the line. Me? I'm thankful there weren't cell phone cameras back in my day. But wish I did take a few pictures of some holier than thou looking down their noses female types whose claim to fame was killing a quart of Colt 45 and deny it to this very day.
I'm not defending him. I am squarely in the camp that this was his fault and his moral and ethical failing. I can place 95% of the blame on him, though, and still see that it is a terrible idea to put a 23 year old man in a position of authority over 18-22 year old ladies in a charged atmosphere where he also has to be the face of a program running its full operations in a small town with a somewhat historical program. From a distance, that should not have come across as a good idea.

Not everything is about looks. I don't know either young lady but you can be miserable as heck in a marriage with someone whose personality you don't mix with. Better to have a 7 you can live with in relative peace than a 10 you can't.
How do you know the poster was referring to looks?

It's really none of our business, but I just can't help but wonder if there wasn't a lot more going on than we will ever understand. Also, I find it sad that a young man like him is not contributing something. It sounds as if he is just living off his mom's pension. I would think he has something valuable to offer, even if it isn't coaching. If that's the foundation, it's great, but he sort of downplays that as far as a career or significant activity in his life.
He accepted an assistant coaching position under his wife at her high school. The board shot it down.

I read it on USA Today.

I am not judging Tyler. That is not my place. He admitted his wrongdoing and asked for forgiveness. We all sin...who's to say his sin is worse than mine? I wish him and his wife a happy life full of love. That little boy is adorable!! Pat would adore her grandson!

This doesn't mean I don't hurt for Tyler's first wife. My marriage ended due to an affair years ago. That pain is still there; it doesn't go totally away, although time helps. I am glad she found love again and remarried. I pray for her happiness.

One....While what he did is morally bad, he didn't do anything criminal.

Two....I'm sorry. I don't mean to be flippant, but this man has won life's lottery. He is earning $175,000 a year for the rest of his life and he doesn't have to do anything to get it. I don't even know if that income is taxable.

He messed up. But, he's going to be alright.

I think it's easy to forget he was very young and thrown in head first to a coaching career he was not ready for. What he did was very stupid and there is no excuses that can be made for him. But I do think now that he is older if he was to start that career now he wouldn't make the same mistake. With the way we all view college students as still children he will never get to move past this fair or not.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back