Tyler Bray on taking money and fighting with Dooley

VolForLife83

Lemme get this straight, we paid Tyler Bray? Money? To play football for Tennessee? Refresh my memory, did he ever actually exhibit a pulse while playing football and get us a winning record at UT?

We paid him? To play? At an SEC level? Someone agreed to pay him thinking he'd play SEC level football?

It was Dooley? Millionaire, via TN.

Paging Mike Hamilton....... Mike Hamilton, TN made you millionaire missionary to Africa, didn't they? Why yes, yes they did......

QB, paid for losing seasons. Check!
Coach, $5M buyout,. Check!
AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

One always reads in a prospectus: Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

God, I hope not.

Players have been getting paid for years. It’s probably the worst kept secret in college football sports it’s just no one wants to admit it or be caught doing it
Absolutely. Now we have "NIL" money being handed out totally above board and in the open. MILLION dollar deals going to players while they are competing in NCAA football. I'm old enough to remember when it was contorversial for a college player to drop out early to go into the NFL for the money. Yesterday I heard about a kid who dropped out of HIGH SCHOOL to play for a power 5 University because an agent had already secured him a FAT NIL deal. I appreciate the fact that the hypocrisy has been eliminated. The myth of the so-called "Student Athlete" has been put to rest and we can all see what's really happening. I don't like it...but there it is.

Lemme get this straight, we paid Tyler Bray? Money? To play football for Tennessee? Refresh my memory, did he ever actually exhibit a pulse while playing football and get us a winning record at UT?

We paid him? To play? At an SEC level? Someone agreed to pay him thinking he'd play SEC level football?

Paging Mike Hamilton....... Mike Hamilton, TN made you millionaire missionary to Africa, didn't they? Why yes, yes they did......

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

One always reads in a prospectus: Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

God, I hope not.

Little dramatic there buddy Bray was actually a decent QB for us, threw for 34 TDs his Jr year. Should've come back for his Sr year. There are way worse players we could've paid.. and probably did.

Refresh my memory. Did UT have a winning season with Bray!

We were 2nd in total offense, 2nd in passing yards in the SEC (36 PPG).. offense was not the problem.

We gave up 471 yards PER GAME on defense that year, last in the SEC.. that's where the energy should be directed lol

We were 2nd in total offense, 2nd in passing yards in the SEC.. offense was not the problem.

We gave up 471 yards PER GAME on defense that year, last in the SEC.. that's where the energy should be directed lol
Hehehe..... I'll concede Bray isn't trash. He lasted long enough to get an NFL pension by mostly never playing AND whatever pocket change he got from UT.

I feel.... uh.... proud, ya know, in a damn I need a shower ASAP kinda way.

Much like Pro Wrestling college football is a scam.
It is entertainment, a reality show not legit sports.
That will be the downfall of the NCAA, it is not needed anymore to put on a show.
NIL is just a way to pay the entertainers instead of them being considered employees of the university.
Mickey Mouse controls the narrative and gets the advertising dollars.
The schools get their cut.
Sports Books get to separate fools from their money.
We fanatics get to believe the teams with the highest payrolls don't win most of the time.

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.
This is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fanbase. The guy threw for 3700 yds and 30+ TDs in 2012 but it's his fault our defense gave up 500+ YPG in SEC play.

Tyler Bray had a few bad moments, but he had one of the most naturally talented arms we have seen in awhile. His stats were really good in almost every game and we put up a bunch of points with him.

The main reason we did not win was because of lack of defense and well…Dooley. With Kiffin still here or another good QB coach, Bray could have been one of the best QBs.

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.

How long did Tee Martin last in the NFL?

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.

Those losses and losing seasons were not on Tyler Bray. He is the perfect example of how a team needs more than a quality qb to win football games.

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.
Peyton Manning would’ve had a losing record under dumbass Derek Dooley and Sal sunseri

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.

In Bray’s defense, he was a pretty good QB that was hampered by a bad coaching staff. He made his mistakes, but a lot of that stemmed from Dooley’s lack of leadership. He’s statistically one of the best QBs we’ve had. I’d love to have a Tennessee qb throw for over 3000 yards in a season again.

Much like Pro Wrestling college football is a scam.
It is entertainment, a reality show not legit sports.
That will be the downfall of the NCAA, it is not needed anymore to put on a show.
NIL is just a way to pay the entertainers instead of them being considered employees of the university.
Mickey Mouse controls the narrative and gets the advertising dollars.
The schools get their cut.
Sports Books get to separate fools from their money.
We fanatics get to believe the teams with the highest payrolls don't win most of the time.

So all paid sports are the same as "pro" wresrling?

Meetings sre held prior to contests to decide the storyline and the winners and losers?

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to allowing players to make money in the open.

College football is the same as always just slightly more honest about the paying of players.

AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

God, I hope not.
Bray was Statistically one of all time best QBs ever. Have a better take

VN Store

Back