Ty Simpson to Bama

It’s a back eye for the program and it will be rehashed every time Simpson does well and whoever plays QB for Vols doesn’t. It will probably cost us other in state guys that we want because they see that a self proclaimed fan whose dad works for the UT system as a football coach gave us the brush off. Then there’s the distinct likelihood that Simpson is better than anyone on our roster and anyone else we will sign at QB for the next few years. Other than that, it’s not much of a loss.
Wish him the best, but I'd be thrilled with Horn. Personally, I think he'll be the better of the two qbs in college. Having said that I think Horn is also a longshot. Let's be real. With the NCAA stuff hanging over our heads along with all the instability and negative press, it's really going to be the norm for the next few years or until the NCAA rules on our case. Heupel will be hard pressed to sign kids like Simpson and Horn under the circumstances. He's going to be recruiting 2 and 3 star types and coaching them up. He's simply gonna have to do more with less for a while. It was always going to be that way. Fans just didn't want to accept it.

I hope he absolutely flops at Alabama and ends up sitting on the bench. There are some who think Alabama already has QB material that he can not surpass. What he has not considered is that Saban will probably retire in the next year or so too being near 69 years old.

You don't make decisions based on your lifelong long love. You make decisions based on what's best for your future and at the moment Tennessee hasn’t proven to be that.
Absolutely 100%. At the end of the day the dude is a top prospect trying to get filthy rich in the NFL. If he comes to UT the chances of that happening are insanely lower. Its a business decision. I hope this new staff can change things.

Then he should never be able to say the VOLS are his "lifelong Team". It would be different if TN didn't offer and give him the chance at playing for his "lifelong team", but they did and this new regime have proven at previous stops they are a QB friendly offense. If TN was REALLY his "lifelong team" he would have chosen us to help get us back to the top. He chose the easy way out. Bama doesn't have a good track record for QBs in the NFL, ours is actually, although slightly some might say, better.
So he should choose a team that sucks because he always liked them instead of going to a team that puts players in the NFL every year. Wake up man this isn't on him it's on the people that put the program in this position.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
No reason to get sore about it. It’s his decision and not anyone else’s. He did what he thought was best for him and I wish him the best of luck this season.

Dustin4vols,You mean a coach as in"Sponge Bob?Vince Lombardi and Don Shula are dead,in case you didn't get the memo.

Never underestimate that damage having a terrible performer at the QB position for 4 years does to a program. Kids can't get it out of their heads and associate incompetent leadership with competent leadership.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Kid wants to win and put himself in the best possible position to get to the next level. I can’t blame him one bit. 2020 set us back another five years.

based on what Heupel has gotten out of less, I'm not concerned. I've seen too many hyped QBs go to Bama and wash out.
It would be hard to turn down being coached by Bill O'Brien, other than the fact that I don't think Obrien is there long at all.
Didn’t OBrien just crater the Texans? Exactly how did he “develop” Deshaun Watson?
I’m shocked Simpson chose Bama with their OC turnover over Clemson.... I understand him not picking UT because of the uncertainty in the program but to pick OBrien over Dabo seems odd

Didn’t OBrien just crater the Texans? Exactly how did he “develop” Deshaun Watson?
I’m shocked Simpson chose Bama with their OC turnover over Clemson.... I understand him not picking UT because of the uncertainty in the program but to pick OBrien over Dabo seems odd
Wouldn’t that be Saban over Dabo?

So he should choose a team that sucks because he always liked them instead of going to a team that puts players in the NFL every year. Wake up man this isn't on him it's on the people that put the program in this position.

What QBs have Bama put in the NFL? They have put a lot of other positions in the NFL. Tua? Maybe. But our track record on QBs is actually better. So he can get rid of his "lifelong Team" BS. He chose our biggest, most hated rival over his supposed "lifelong team".

Reactions: Narco_vol
What QBs have Bama put in the NFL? They have put a lot of other positions in the NFL. Tua? Maybe. But our track record on QBs is actually better. So he can get rid of his "lifelong Team" BS. He chose our biggest, most hated rival over his supposed "lifelong team".
No matter how you feel it's his life and he made the right decision based on recent years of getting developed and playing on Sunday. Get over it don't be mad at him be mad at the idiots that screwed the program.

got me with your tinfoil har.
if it had been son, and we knew he was academically gifted and had pick of where to play, I'd try to nudge him toward Stanford or an Ivy. May even a Division III program that was strong academically. Would like my son to have a collegiate experience over a professional training camp that offers a sprinkling of liberal arts[/QUOTE
Vandy, the Ivy League today does not give the education you’d expect....contacts yes, education no.

VN Store

Back