Ty Simpson to Bama

He was going to UT if Pruitt hadn't been fired.

If he was coming to UT before Pruitt was fired then he is the worst decision maker in the history of mankind. His offenses were horrendous and qb play under Pruitt was criminal. UT hires an actually pretty good qb coach with fairly successful offenses but changes his mind? Your assertion does not compute

If he was coming to UT before Pruitt was fired then he is the worst decision maker in the history of mankind. His offenses were horrendous and qb play under Pruitt was criminal. UT hires an actually pretty good qb coach with fairly successful offenses but changes his mind? Your assertion does not compute
He was probably wanting one of the special happy meals;)

It would hurt but kids go to college to prepare for a career and right now Bama is one of the best places to go if you want to play in the NFL.

List the starting qb’s who have had great success in the NFL post the actual usage of the forward pass. It’s a fallacy that they produce great qb’s based on their success as a college program. Other programs with much less success have produced far better qb’s

I’m not sure why anyone thought he was coming here. He made a business decision without his emotions getting in the way. Good luck to him. And there’s always the transfer portal if he changes his mind. Next.

If we can’t get a better QB than Simpson, aim for a better defense than Simpson. There can be an answer.

List the starting qb’s who have had great success in the NFL post the actual usage of the forward pass. It’s a fallacy that they produce great qb’s based on their success as a college program. Other programs with much less success have produced far better qb’s

Bama isn't a great producer of QBs but neither is UT. UT has a slightly better track record but not by much.

When an in state kid who has been a life-long vol fan is willing to choose Alabama... That should put into perspective just how awful our situation really is.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Yep.. and we'll be just fine with all the rest of the instate talent who he's friends going elsewhere huh?
His friends will do what is best for them. Neither you or anyone else on this message board can change their decisions. CJH will find guys who want to be here and who can play football. More than one QB who can play winning football in the SEC. Good luck to TY but he is a Bammer now and I hope Bama loses every game. Time to move on.

Bama isn't a great producer of QBs but neither is UT. UT has a slightly better track record but not by much.

Considering the talent level Bama gets year in and year out, they are woefully inept at developing qb’s compared to just about every school in America

Reactions: NC_Vol64
Heupels offense is QB friendly, let's them air it out and play freely. But, whatever. He lied when he said he was a lifelong TN fan. A lifelong TN fan doesn't choose our Biggest, most Hated rival when he has the opportunity to play for his "favorite team".
You don't make decisions based on your lifelong long love. You make decisions based on what's best for your future and at the moment Tennessee hasn’t proven to be that.

If I'm UT, I move on from Simpson. He's made his decision. We need a QB in this class and we can't risk chasing this kid and coming up empty. Hello Mr. Horn.
Horn may actually be the better of the two. He definitely has a stronger arm, maybe not quite as mobile. Also, Simpson is a little short, probably 6’0 without cleats and a helmet. We have Salter anyway.

His friends will do what is best for them. Neither you or anyone else on this message board can change their decisions. CJH will find guys who want to be here and who can play football. More than one QB who can play winning football in the SEC. Good luck to TY but he is a Bammer now and I hope Bama loses every game. Time to move on.
Saban won’t be at Bama when Simpson is a Senior

Reactions: Border Vol
With all Bama's great talent, they have underwhelmed with QBs in the NFL. Probably their last really good one was Stabler. The rest were marginal, and no long term starters that I can recall off hand.

Reactions: NC_Vol64
When an in state kid who has been a life-long vol fan is willing to choose Alabama... That should put into perspective just how awful our situation really is.
That's the 1,000 lb. gorilla in the room. This prospect should have been a lay up for any head coach at UTK under even mediocre circumstances within the program. We are in or near the bottom of a deep crater. An accomplished head coach could have at least talked his way into getting Simpson to delay his decision. The fact that we didn't even get that tells me we're screwed on the recruiting front for the foreseeable future. If that doesn't change ASAP by overachieving on the field in a big way this Fall, CJH's goose is pretty much cooked before the oven even gets warmed up.

Lifelong fan goes to Bama....2020 Keeps on giving. Just sad for us.
based on what Heupel has gotten out of less, I'm not concerned. I've seen too many hyped QBs go to Bama and wash out.
It would be hard to turn down being coached by Bill O'Brien, other than the fact that I don't think Obrien is there long at all.

VN Store

Back