Ty Simpson to Bama

who in their right mind would pick bama over tn in football?

what's that? oh everyone. ok then. never mind.

Fair point, but I hope he fails in every way possible as proves to be a bust.
What good will that do UT? He's a kid and if that's where he want's to go it's his life. I was hoping he would pick Clemson if we didn't get him, but now we will have to play against him. This isn't any different than the head coaching job at UT. People wanting us to hire a name coach but none are gonna take this job right now because it's in such a bad shape and probably will be 3 years from now.

Reactions: FïreBall
What good will that do UT? He's a kid and if that's where he want's to go it's his life. I was hoping he would pick Clemson if we didn't get him, but now we will have to play against him. This isn't any different than the head coaching job at UT. People wanting us to hire a name coach but none are gonna take this job right now because it's in such a bad shape and probably will be 3 years from now.
Listen dude, if you aren’t rooting against your biggest rival - and that is who he picked, no matter the reason - I don’t know what to tell you. You can play patty cake with the guy. I won’t.

Simpson made his decision and it's time to move on. After the announcement, I bet Heupel's phone was ringing with at least 2-3 QB recruits wanting to talk. Right now, the logical next top choice would be Horn, but I'm sure Heupel has his top choices. I doubt it will take too long. My only concern about Horn is that he is a very good baseball prospect. He could be easily tempted by a nice pro contract.

I wish Simpson hadn't been so fake about being a big Vol fan. It just makes him look really bad. But that's his choice. And Pruitt's firing had nothing to do with his decision. Don't kid yourself.

Fair point, but I hope he fails in every way possible as proves to be a bust.
That is the most stupid and ridiculous post that I have read wishing that on a 18 year kid that is looking out for what is best for his future. GROW UP and hope that what you wished for doesn't happen to you or your kids

Listen dude, if you aren’t rooting against your biggest rival - and that is who he picked, no matter the reason - I don’t know what to tell you. You can play patty cake with the guy. I won’t.

I think that is what stunk the most for me. If you don't see yourself here no one can argue that. But to go to Bama is just the worst possible outcome for the program. Clemson, OSU, Ole Miss...... Not ideal but at least we don't have to watch the in state QB talent of the decade beat us for the next few years......

Good news is he's a kid and I'm now officially over it. More to worry about today that is material to my life.

Edit: My tinfoil hat moment made me wonder if Pruitt told him to go to Bama and stick it to Tenn.

This... is why any coach including Heupel have to prove something in the first 3 years. You get kids like this when the perception is that you are on the rise.

It is also possible that he didn't like how he fit in UT's QB room. I am NOT saying it is better than Bama's... but it is different.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back