Ty Chandler

EG rushed for 246 yards in one game. That is essentially 1/3 of Chandlers yards for the entire year if not more.

EG rushed for 246 yards in one game. That is essentially 1/3 of Chandlers yards for the entire year if not more.
It is more than EG had in all of his previous carries. He had a great game but he's been a disappointment most of the season. Way too easy to tackle. Had not previously shown the speed or quickness he has.

Glad he got it going but Chandler has contributed much more consistently.

Kentucky game. Going down to seal the victory and he fumbled giving the ball back to Ky. Because of it, needed the goal line stand to win. Then last week, thinks you can fair catch and ball rolling on the ground, takes a knee at the 10 or so. His head isn’t in it right now, needs to sit and reaccess. He’s had a rough year.
Had a rough year? LOL. He’s made a few mistakes...like every player. He’s had a solid year but got rest vs vandy since the other two are healthy.

Reactions: Remy
You missed my point. JG was in the doghouse after bama game for going rogue. He’s back now. Pruitt believes in second chances. Ty must not be earning it in practice
Pruitt said Ty had a banged up ankle this week which is why they went with Jordan to start. Put Gray in and he got “hot” with the 2 big runs and so they stayed with him. Had nothing to do with Ty not performing in practice, was an injury which kept him from playing.

It is more than EG had in all of his previous carries. He had a great game but he's been a disappointment most of the season. Way too easy to tackle. Had not previously shown the speed or quickness he has.

Agree! And it was against a defense that was as easy to cut as softened buttered. Great day for Gray but the two big runs were a result of the defense leaving holes where he was never touched. Most any running back with decent to good speed should have made those runs.

Reactions: papatomany
Pruitt is like Saban. You fumble, you sit.

Yep that is old school.
I remember 1980 Glenn Ford fumble on 2 yard line chance to put game out of reach spoil UGA's lucky year.. Majors pulled him and he is just a memory. UT leading UGA 15- 00
UGA puts Freshman Herschel in 2nd half , UGA goes on to win 16 to 15 and went on to eke out many close victories that year to become National Champs.

True but have you ever seen TC take over a game like that? Not bashing the guy, just making an observation.

If the stats I'm looking at are correct, he only has 620 yards this season. Over 12 games, that's just under 52 yards a game. We need more production from the running game

Chandler only played in 11 games. When looking at all the rushing stats, do yourself a favor and just compile those for the RBs to comparatively get an idea of how they've played the running game. Leave out the sacks and losses the QBs racked up which are tallied as negatives when looking at total rushes and total rushing yardage.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Chandler only played in 11 games. When looking at all the rushing stats, do yourself a favor and just compile those for the RBs to comparatively get an idea of how they've played the running game. Leave out the sacks and losses the QBs racked up which are tallied as negatives when looking at total rushes and total rushing yardage.

Ty racked up some good runs this season. He is a huge asset to this team and has an opportunity to be a leader next year. I think competition breeds excellence and he will rise to the occasion.

Reactions: Vol Main
Hes also had issues on kickoffs and knowing fair catch rules
This....Made the Special Teams Coach look like an idiot...by not knowing that you cannot signal for a fair catch,..let the ball hit the ground...down it by taking a knee, and expecting the ball to come out to the 25yd. line from the 8. A Jr. High kid should be benched for such ignorance.....and I'll say it does reflect on poor special teams coaching. Needs to be addressed.

True but have you ever seen TC take over a game like that? Not bashing the guy, just making an observation.
Can't take over a game when you don't get more than 2 consecutive carries. Best I can recall, this is the first game this year we stuck primarily with one back.
Added: 26 carries for 154 against BYU; not more than 16 carries any other game. I'm a big believer in letting the best backs get a rhythm. Look at Gray. He came in averaging 3.3. I remember Barry Sanders having 18 yards on 10 carries then ending with 190.

Last edited:
A little harsh but he did have a chance at a long run if he just steps through an arm tackle.
The only downside I see with Chandler is his lack of willingness to break tackles, or even attempt to. He's just as fast as Gray, yet Gray (A True Freshman) brakes many more tackles and makes people miss much more often. Jordan is our power back and it appears gray has taken over as our APB.

I don't want to sound wrong here because I appreciate what EG showed he could do. But his biggest impact were the two long runs. I wouldn't personally call that taking a game over. There were still a lot of runs where he got tackled too easily or didn't gain yardage.

By far his best showing... and definitely a good sign.

I don't agree with those who say he will never be a great RB. That's going to depend on his off-season development. IMO, he needs to add about 15 lbs of muscle without losing his quickness or speed.

I'm a tall guy but LOVE shorter RB's that have a low center of gravity. If I were a college HC, I'd never recruit a RB that was taller than 5'11 or one that didn't have the frame to play over 200 lbs.

Pruitt said Ty had a banged up ankle this week which is why they went with Jordan to start. Put Gray in and he got “hot” with the 2 big runs and so they stayed with him. Had nothing to do with Ty not performing in practice, was an injury which kept him from playing.
Then why was he in for kick returns?

Reactions: cgrish

VN Store

Back