'19 TX WR Isaiah Neyor

They're going after guys they want and apparently have a high bar. They could "hit" on someone if they lowered that bar... but why should they? They're taking a patient approach and seem to be asking themselves if the guys they can get out of the portal can help them more than guys they will have to move out if they take them.

They obviously want Neyor. But it was Neyor that took this public before being certain. How is that the fault of the coaches? They're recruiting what they apparently believe to be one of the best WR transfers in the country. You know you will have stiff competition when you do that.
Just looks like we are struggling to hit more than any other teams on our level by far.

Neyor is just so perfect for us it would really suck very bad to lose him.

We improve drastically with him. He's a freak.

Reactions: sjt18
Sark: "Hey...look what I did somewhere else with an O that was loaded at everyone spot....oh, don't worry about what I did here last year....that was just 1st year issues"

Heup: "Hey...look what I did here last year with whatever talent I inherited...my best WR was a 2* just like you...and oh yeah, he's back so defenses won't be able to focus on you...and our QB is back...honestly, why are you even thinking about the other UT"
I hope Neyor can read through the BS

Reactions: Orange.
Staff getting worked in recruiting. Sorry not sorry.
Hard to say, nowadays, that our coaches are getting out recruited or worked over. With NIL deals and the way certain schools are handling it, many times it may not come down to recruiting the way most of us know it. Many players are taking the money and it seem obvious we are not on the same level as other teams NIL wise.

He commits. Visits Ole Miss, visits TN then says he knows where he is going and seen all he needs to see and no more visits. 2 days later he is visiting TX this wknd instead of moving in and preparing for a Monday start. Obviously something is going on and it just shows signs of what you could be dealing with in locker room down the road when someone is all over the place every other day.
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$. You guys' act like you never heard of it. Recruiting is a cutthroat game that's played in the mud. Tennessee is not gonna get in the mud because of the pending NCAA violations. The current state of Tennessee NIL rules are simple-----athletes will only be paid "fair market value" for their NIL deals. Texas does not have that restriction-----see the ATM recruiting class---we can't compete with that under the current NIL rules for the state of Tennessee.

Reactions: bigorange
It’s the staff’s flaw…they simply are not closers. This isn’t UCF.

Only closer is our d line coach. Our defensive coordinator is the most disappointing…if your scheme is meh and you can’t recruit, what value do you bring.
Wow….. you are making very big assumptions off of very limited amount of information.

It’s the staff’s flaw…they simply are not closers. This isn’t UCF.

Only closer is our d line coach. Our defensive coordinator is the most disappointing…if your scheme is meh and you can’t recruit, what value do you bring.
Lol closed with the #14 class after early signing day after what should've been a sh*tshow of a season that turned out pretty decent (would've been a GREAT season minus a few tough breaks)

Lol closed with the #14 class after early signing day after what should've been a sh*tshow of a season that turned out pretty decent (would've been a GREAT season minus a few tough breaks)
The fact that they got a top 15 class this year when many were predicting 20-35 range gives me hope about the future. They have to do better, but that was year 1. Of course, NIL may change things so much that "good recruiters" don't exist. It's just, "how much am I getting paid?" Period.

Big grasping for straws on my part but according to 247 Longhorn Staff Mike Roach, as of an hour ago he would arrive in an hour or two. Someone on a TOS made a good point IMHO....
If Tennessee was recruiting a kid they wanted and he was coming to visit from a couple hours away for a day trip at the last moment and he took his time and showed up at 1 or 2 pm, we would not feel confident at all
Still I have hopes....

"Other than half the position groups on the team"

Okay bro lol
Lol. And it wasn’t a glowing endorsement. RB got better because we only have a couple decent backs. Nothing really good. And it’s not elite, just good. Wide receiver is good, but not elite and it’s because our depth is scary there. QB, we took one who is talented but a lot of development needed. So the ones I named are only because of comparing what we currently have. Class is pretty average for Tennessee and our rivals are getting better. But y’all keep on.

Lol. And it wasn’t a glowing endorsement. RB got better because we only have a couple decent backs. Nothing really good. And it’s not elite, just good. Wide receiver is good, but not elite and it’s because our depth is scary there. QB, we took one who is talented but a lot of development needed. So the ones I named are only because of comparing what we currently have. Class is pretty average for Tennessee and our rivals are getting better. But y’all keep on.
We will keep on since all of those teams that have supposedly gotten better hasn't proven anything on the field. Per usual, we always have posters that mistake their low information opinion for facts.

Just like another former 2* that also played at Wyoming, who was busy Sat night throwing all over the Patriots Defense. Those rankings are nowhere close to an exact sciience.
But certainly enough to make you think he's gonna be great bc some other 2* made progress?

VN Store

Back