'19 TX WR Isaiah Neyor

Tennessee turned down 2star Patrick Willis for a 5 star LB once. Willis was only the best LB in the game for about 6-7 years and the 5 star never made the starting line up.

Ever heard of Alabama or Georgia? Some players slip through the cracks. We shouldn't pretend that's the norm. Long term, we need higher ranked recruiting classes if we want to compete at an elite level every year.

Short term, I'm happy with how we finished on the recruiting trail and hopefully we continue to climb with the 23 class. But we can't depend on 2 star LB's out playing 5 stars

Reactions: VolNash17
Ever heard of Alabama or Georgia? Some players slip through the cracks. We shouldn't pretend that's the norm. Long term, we need higher ranked recruiting classes if we want to compete at an elite level every year.

Short term, I'm happy with how we finished on the recruiting trail and hopefully we continue to climb with the 23 class. But we can't depend on 2 star LB's out playing 5 stars

It’s called player evaluation. Talent, personality, academics, character… the entire gambit. You can’t ignore the alarms.

Tennessee just hired Billy High that hopefully is real good at it. Bama & Ga have their busts too but they get so many highly rated guys the busts get hidden.

It’s called player evaluation. Talent, personality, academics, character… the entire gambit. You can’t ignore the alarms.

Tennessee just hired Billy High that hopefully is real good at it. Bama & Ga have their busts too but they get so many highly rated guys the busts get hidden.

Player evaluation matters, for sure. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up that we are going to be able to out evaluate poor recruiting rankings. Bama and Georgia evaluate talent too. The difference is they get a higher % of the guys they evaluate and want every year.

Reactions: VolNash17
Well guys and gals,College football has officially hit free agency.Only a couple more months til the draft,and then......Yea I know not really, this situation annoys me,if not for the only fact of his "commitment" followed by Show Me the Money southeast tour.Dude has no clue what he's doin,that obvious by committing befor visting,while also committed on way to said school decides he's not so committed after all and sheds all dignity by goin to Ole Miss.Rant over haha I know dignity is a bit much But this dude be smart to end this.

Player evaluation matters, for sure. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up that we are going to be able to out evaluate poor recruiting rankings. Bama and Georgia evaluate talent too. The difference is they get a higher % of the guys they evaluate and want every year.
You are still operating on the idea that 247, Rivals, and ESPN have influence on Bama and UGA rather than it being just the opposite.

They get great talent and because they do their recruits will get the nod. There is plenty of talent available that UGA and Bama does not pursue and gets snubbed by the recruiting sites. I'm not claiming that the current staff is the one to find and develop a disproportionate number of them. But you are falling into a pretty common fallacy. You are putting the cart before the horse. A LOT of UGA and Bama recruits are highly rated because those and other top recruiting schools pursue them... those schools aren't pursuing them because a journalist gave them "5 stars".

You are still operating on the idea that 247, Rivals, and ESPN have influence on Bama and UGA rather than it being just the opposite.

They get great talent and because they do their recruits will get the nod. There is plenty of talent available that UGA and Bama does not pursue and gets snubbed by the recruiting sites. I'm not claiming that the current staff is the one to find and develop a disproportionate number of them. But you are falling into a pretty common fallacy. You are putting the cart before the horse. A LOT of UGA and Bama recruits are highly rated because those and other top recruiting schools pursue them... those schools aren't pursuing them because a journalist gave them "5 stars".

Idk how you can watch the college playoffs every year or the NFL draft and assume these players are only rated so highly because they went to Bama. Bama is going after them because they are elite. Because they are elite, they have 5*.

If the "Bama Bump" theory were true the NFL and college football as a whole would have to be in on the scam. Teams would have to be intentionally allowing Bama to beat them annually and the NFL would have to be intentionally selecting over rated players simply because they went to Bama. It's a nonsense conspiracy.

VN Store

Back