'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Have you been there? Cool downtown, great sports stadiums, good foodie places…what do you have against Pittsburg? It’s basically a better Chattanooga, which is, admittedly, overrated.

Yeah me and my dad go to Pittsburgh for a game just about every year. We enjoy the downtown bar scene afterwards. Decent place especially during football and baseball season

College football has already been about the same 3-4 teams for a while now. NIL didn’t change that. You just don’t like kids making money.

First two statements I agree with, last one is totally inaccurate. I started working my junior year in high school and continued doing so all through college, so obviously I don’t have a problem with kids making money. But to say NIL hasn’t or won’t change anything, just look at what’s happened to the Vols this past week. Supposedly, a potentially program changing package of portal players were interested in UT, the type that could help break up the cycle of the same 3-4 teams, but not going to happen because we don’t have the NIL package to land them. This is exactly what I’m talking about. We could have a package, just not as big $$$$ as the big 3-4, so kids can make money at UT or 100 other universities, but those that pay the most will get the most coveted players. Sorry, I’m losing interest in watching the same programs at the top. Has absolutely nothing to do with kids ability to make money.

Edit: looks like we’re getting our NIL game up and running, so maybe hope is still alive!

Last edited:
How did she get to that point? Whose responsibility was it to consider the consequences of her actions and choices?

The thing about subsidizing bad decisions, ethics, morals, etc... is that you guarantee that you get more of them.
#owned

This is random, but have you noticed that beardedvol has practically vanished from the board now that things are so positive🤣

The game has changed, most NFL and College teams rotate and utilize workload management. Best thing that happened to AK was Butch being an idiot and not running him in the ground. The days of 25-30 carries a game by one rb are stupid... obviously doing it once or twice is one thing but Consistently is negligent to the interest of the athlete.

Somebody stated that during a conversation between CJH and Evans that Evans told CJH to get an offensive line and he would be here.

Next request, is a NIL Deal? Just asking but if this is the case, are we being trolled? Wow if we are my apologies if we are not.

I hate NIL but understand the need for it, just don't want it used as a bargaining tool with kids having leverage. I know the schools have had the leverage in the past but there needs to be a happy medium.

Sounds too much like a Kiffin troll job if Mississippi is in play....

Get the NIL don't go to Class, wait for the draft and enter....

Reactions: JacketVol
Somebody stated that during a conversation between CJH and Evans that Evans told CJH to get an offensive line and he would be here.

Next request, is a NIL Deal? Just asking but if this is the case, are we being trolled? Wow if we are my apologies if we are not.

I hate NIL but understand the need for it, just don't want it used as a bargaining tool with kids having leverage. I know the schools have had the leverage in the past but there needs to be a happy medium.

He's not coming here. I would just refrain from getting invested in this recruitment.

Get the NIL don't go to Class, wait for the draft and enter....
This is what HAS ALWAYS gone on behind the scenes. We never had access to SMU coaches talking with Eric Dickerson…we just saw the Corvette.

That too.

Cannot remember when ED got his gold TA, but just looked up a 1979 TA and gotta say..wow. Not bad torque though but heavy car.

"But in 1979, the most powerful engine was the W72 400, a 6.6-liter V8 with 220 hp and 325 lb-ft."

This is what HAS ALWAYS gone on behind the scenes. We never had access to SMU coaches talking with Eric Dickerson…we just saw the Corvette.
When I see names like that and money bags, it causes me to think of Marcus Dupree and the money laundering that went on with him and OU. Of course, all we did at HS was talk about how good he is. We weren't old enough to know College Football had it's dark side !

When I see names like that and money bags, it causes me to think of Marcus Dupree and the money laundering that went on with him and OU. Of course, all we did at HS was talk about how good he is. We weren't old enough to know College Football had it's dark side !

That 30 for 30 was a good one.

Love hearing stories from Barry Switzer on Earl Campbell’s recruitment. “We had him! Before he could sign, sumbisch oil well spit and we don’t see him again until he’s killing us on the other side of the field.”

I can agree with this. I think donors have said show me something. But many stepped up for Reno’s and seem to be getting more on board. They need to figure out the NIL money and get to playing with the big boys.

If we are getting outbid by Ole Miss then we definitely ain’t doing it right, and this would be yet another example of failure to adapt by UT athletics.

VN Store

Back