Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

It’s okay. Automation will soon put those underpaid, ungrateful employees completely out of a job, comrade! 🔨 ⚔️

LMAO. As if there's not an extreme labor shortage. Automation will help fix that but those employees will certainly not be out of a job and they'll probably be paid more than they are currently.

I think the NIL stuff will calm down in time. For instance, how's ole Dr. Pepper doing with their DJ Ukellele NIL? It's new to everyone and as everyone learns how to balance ROI they will come up with more strategic ways to deploy the $$$ in a more efficient and effective method.

I for one don't like where college football is going with this, but my thoughts won't change anything. I actually like that we have forward thinkers like DW and CJH in place that are going to be willing to learn this and make it work for them.

If I suggested that anyone on this board should never make above a certain salary, I would be hated.

I'm not sure how this isn't different with CFB players. Companies compete for the best talent just like schools. Organizations that use their resources efficiently rise to the top. Some organizations have more resources than others.

If I suggested that anyone on this board should never make above a certain salary, I would be hated.

I'm not sure how this isn't different with CFB players. Companies compete for the best talent just like schools. Organizations that use their resources efficiently rise to the top. Some organizations have more resources than others.
Because it makes the sport unfair

I think the NIL stuff will calm down in time. For instance, how's ole Dr. Pepper doing with their DJ Ukellele NIL? It's new to everyone and as everyone learns how to balance ROI they will come up with more strategic ways to deploy the $$$ in a more efficient and effective method.

I for one don't like where college football is going with this, but my thoughts won't change anything. I actually like that we have forward thinkers like DW and CJH in place that are going to be willing to learn this and make it work for them.
Markets balance themselves. After Nike boomed with Jordan, every other player was landing a sneaker deal…for years. Now they lure the top prospects like Zion Williamson but keep tight reign of their careers. Others need to establish themselves as stars before the companies enrich their coffers. As someone else posted about Ergen, these billion dollar companies don’t STAY that way by throwing away their dough with no return. Trickle down effect to million dollar mom & pop ventures.

Markets balance themselves. After Nike boomed with Jordan, every other player was landing a sneaker deal…for years. Now they lure the top prospects like Zion Williamson but keep tight reign of their careers. Others need to establish themselves as stars before the companies enrich their coffers. As someone else posted about Ergen, these billion dollar companies don’t STAY that way by throwing away their dough with no return. Trickle down effect to million dollar mom & pop ventures.
I think about what Nike did with Tiger dictating certain aspects of his career. Could Nike just pay the top 25 recruits in the country to go to Oregon and be spokesmen for Nike there?

There is a line between buying a business service from a player as a spokesman versus simply throwing money at him to play ball at school X. I would assume businesses would be aware of that. If a player rapes a girlfriend, has a DUI or two, fails a drug test, what is his NIL worth at that point?

Reactions: butchna
LMAO. As if there's not an extreme labor shortage. Automation will help fix that but those employees will certainly not be out of a job and they'll probably be paid more than they are currently.
I guess I should’ve made my sarcastic comment more economically and industrially nuanced for those dumb enough to take it as a serious expose on modern infrastructure.

Reactions: bignewt
Proud for you, however quitting a low paying job at pilot and going to school might not be a viable option for a single mother of two preschoolers.
How did she get to that point? Whose responsibility was it to consider the consequences of her actions and choices?

The thing about subsidizing bad decisions, ethics, morals, etc... is that you guarantee that you get more of them.

How did she get to that point? Whose responsibility was it to consider the consequences of her actions and choices?

The thing about subsidizing bad decisions, ethics, morals, etc... is that you guarantee that you get more of them.
Has to he her fault, she couldn't possibly be the victim of rape or dead beat divorced dad.

Reactions: ETennGal
Has to he her fault, she couldn't possibly be the victim of rape or dead beat divorced dad.
Of course she could be the victim of rape... but twice? If that's the rare case we're talking about then there are lots of people willing to help genuine victims.

Who chose to marry that deadbeat?

FTR, I am all for going after dead beat dads and men who abandon women to fend for themselves. But the vast majority of those who find themselves in bad situations are there not because they made a bad decision or two... but rather have a long pattern of bad decisions and immoral/unprincipled/unethical/undisciplined behavior. I get a "mistake" and even one that results in a kid. But continuing to make the same mistake and then expecting someone else to "fix" things for you is going too far.

I have had people close to me destroy themselves with bad decisions. Every one of them might have turned around if someone had not rescued them from suffering the consequences of earlier, less weighty mistakes.

Because CFB is a sport that needs to be regulated if you want it to be fair. The NFL has caps for a reason, some teams have more money and are capable of spending way more than others. It goes the same way in college football. Without caps the rich would get richer. I can see the argument for both sides.

Proud for you, however quitting a low paying job at pilot and going to school might not be a viable option for a single mother of two preschoolers.
Looks like you are already mentally defeated. There is a hell of a lot more assistance now than when I did it.

Interesting take. I’m guessing you know this person??? If not, maybe her circumstances were beyond her control. How do you know her husband didn’t walk out? Happens way more frequently than your scenario. Informed comments and seeing the big picture are necessary. It takes two!!!!

Interesting take. I’m guessing you know this person??? If not, maybe her circumstances were beyond her control. How do you know her husband didn’t walk out? Happens way more frequently than your scenario. Informed comments and seeing the big picture are necessary. It takes two!!!!
Isn't my hypothetical but I'll play. Seldom does things like that occur due to "circumstances" beyond someone's control. Do you actually know someone who married a guy with no warning signs who later abandoned them? And very, very seldom are there situations where blame lies only on one side.

To answer any REAL scenario we'd need more information. Again, answering someone else's hypothetical asserting that the situations people find themselves are not MOSTLY the product of their own decisions and actions.

I had a guy work for me about 20 years ago in the Chicago area. He worked nights then went home and did most of the work for his wife's home day care business. He also did most of the shopping and much of the cooking. He usually worked on a couple of hours of sleep a day. He was crushed when he found out from a neighbor that when he left for work at night a man who lived in their sub-division went in the back door and spent the night with his wife almost every night. When he confronted her... she walked out and left him with 3 small kids.

That's a pretty extreme situation... but he should have never let her abuse him like that to start with. He should have demanded that she be an equal partner in the marriage. He probably shouldn't have married her in the first place. It would be accurate that the ending was pretty much her fault... and he STILL made a string of bad decisions that landed him there.

Similar story with a guy who worked for me in ATL. He worked a full day, commuted an hour, did all the cooking and most of the cleaning... and after she and her friends were done with their daily walk in the park... she ate and flopped her feet up in his lap so he could rub them. She eventually told him that she was going to take a weekend away to think her life through. His suspicions were confirmed when he discovered her "used" sexy panties while doing the wash. She had spent the weekend screwing a guy from work who was about 10 years younger than her. She made a fool out of him, left him, and still got half of everything he owned including a 401K much larger than hers. So yeah, the ending was her fault. But again, he didn't set the expectation that she commit to the marriage and family to an acceptable level. He let her have it her way on everything... and eventually she got bored with using him. He was 8-10 years older than her also. He married someone he knew was selfish. That's on him.

Isn't my hypothetical but I'll play. Seldom does things like that occur due to "circumstances" beyond someone's control. Do you actually know someone who married a guy with no warning signs who later abandoned them? And very, very seldom are there situations where blame lies only on one side.

To answer any REAL scenario we'd need more information. Again, answering someone else's hypothetical asserting that the situations people find themselves are not MOSTLY the product of their own decisions and actions.

I had a guy work for me about 20 years ago in the Chicago area. He worked nights then went home and did most of the work for his wife's home day care business. He also did most of the shopping and much of the cooking. He usually worked on a couple of hours of sleep a day. He was crushed when he found out from a neighbor that when he left for work at night a man who lived in their sub-division went in the back door and spent the night with his wife almost every night. When he confronted her... she walked out and left him with 3 small kids.

That's a pretty extreme situation... but he should have never let her abuse him like that to start with. He should have demanded that she be an equal partner in the marriage. He probably shouldn't have married her in the first place. It would be accurate that the ending was pretty much her fault... and he STILL made a string of bad decisions that landed him there.

Similar story with a guy who worked for me in ATL. He worked a full day, commuted an hour, did all the cooking and most of the cleaning... and after she and her friends were done with their daily walk in the park... she ate and flopped her feet up in his lap so he could rub them. She eventually told him that she was going to take a weekend away to think her life through. His suspicions were confirmed when he discovered her "used" sexy panties while doing the wash. She had spent the weekend screwing a guy from work who was about 10 years younger than her. She made a fool out of him, left him, and still got half of everything he owned including a 401K much larger than hers. So yeah, the ending was her fault. But again, he didn't set the expectation that she commit to the marriage and family to an acceptable level. He let her have it her way on everything... and eventually she got bored with using him. He was 8-10 years older than her also. He married someone he knew was selfish. That's on him.
This doesn’t belong in this forum. Let’s move it if you want to continue to discuss. Mods…

Reactions: #1GatorHater

VN Store

Back