'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

My high-school used to regularly play Dulles in the same district, but we were a hundred miles away. I think we even played Katie a couple of times.
Was that like a long time ago or something? I don’t think we ever traveled more than 15 miles to play a division opponent. I think Dulles was 3A or 4A so maybe less teams overall. Regardless, I don’t remember North Shore back when I was playing high school ball. Cy Fair, Cy Creek and Katy were our main rivals. Lost to Katy in the playoffs my senior year. Used to drive me crazy when I saw their bumper stickers on the road.

I'm just being honest. I haven't followed this kids recruiting, but I'd be fine if we pass on him. Someone in need of so much attention probably isn't a good fit playing under Pruitt. He will bench you in a heartbeat for a fumble or for whoever is the hot hand. He's not simply going to crown anyone with the bulk of the snaps. Its get it done or lose your opportunity under Pruitt. This kid may not be able to take that type of coaching...just saying
Yeah. Bc a kid in need of attention just isn’t going to cut it with Pruitt. He has no idea how to handle those types.
E7FE155A-F989-434A-972F-D4F1B297CBA7.jpeg

Was that like a long time ago or something? I don’t think we ever traveled more than 15 miles to play a division opponent. I think Dulles was 3A or 4A so maybe less teams overall. Regardless, I don’t remember North Shore back when I was playing high school ball. Cy Fair, Cy Creek and Katy were our main rivals. Lost to Katy in the playoffs my senior year. Used to drive me crazy when I saw their bumper stickers on the road.

It was a long long time ago.I looked it up and there are 67 high schools in Houston Independent School district.

So what’s the word on this kid now? Trending to FL? Didn’t he post a pic taking a crap on a FL logo after he abruptly cancelled a visit?

The latest: We're still debating if we're "gonna allow" a kid to come here. A kid, that as of today, has never once mentioned that he should or given a hint that we even lead..ever.

The FL CB was from an OSU coverage guy. Which basically means that he looked at the list and picked the next winningest school of recent.

Yeah. Bc a kid in need of attention just isn’t going to cut it with Pruitt. He has no idea how to handle those types.
View attachment 261739

Pruitt doesnt constantly interchange his DBs...RB is completely different. And to be honest this kids tape isnt even that impressive. He wont be getting the bulk of the snaps. He will have to share just like everyone else. And zid be surprised if this kid makes it all throughout college without transferring

Pruitt doesnt constantly interchange his DBs...RB is completely different. And to be honest this kids tape isnt even that impressive. He wont be getting the bulk of the snaps. He will have to share just like everyone else. And zid be surprised if this kid makes it all throughout college without transferring
giphy - 2020-02-15T105811.586.gif

So what’s the word on this kid now? Trending to FL? Didn’t he post a pic taking a crap on a FL logo after he abruptly cancelled a visit?

Yes not Trending to FL, some random dude put a single CB into FL which was probably a mistake to begin with. Lol

👌....not sure if serious.

But, be sure to let the coaches know he cant play. I'm sure they could do something with that kind of Intel.

1581788369251.gif

I'm just being honest. I haven't followed this kids recruiting, but I'd be fine if we pass on him. Someone in need of so much attention probably isn't a good fit playing under Pruitt. He will bench you in a heartbeat for a fumble or for whoever is the hot hand. He's not simply going to crown anyone with the bulk of the snaps. Its get it done or lose your opportunity under Pruitt. This kid may not be able to take that type of coaching...just saying
Translation:
I have no basis for the opinion I'm about to share, but here's how I think it should go down, and why.

I do agree the tape doesn’t jump out at you but his junior year does. Keep in mind, he is playing against top tier teams. 6A Texas teams are upper echelon especially in Houston and Dallas. I played in the same league 2004-2008 and can vogue for the strength of his opponents. Now devil’s advocate, his team is super talented so that makes it a lot easier for him.

I do agree the tape doesn’t jump out at you but his junior year does. Keep in mind, he is playing against top tier teams. 6A Texas teams are upper echelon especially in Houston and Dallas. I played in the same league 2004-2008 and can vogue for the strength of his opponents. Now devil’s advocate, his team is super talented so that makes it a lot easier for him.
Not quite sure you guys are watching the same film as me.

Tremendous stop-start ability, runs with power, can absolutely fly, and has excellent vision.

Yeah I’m not going to lie. When I watched his highlights I thought the same thing. Don’t get me wrong he’s great—I played RB in HS, was all-state, blah blah blah, and I could only dream to be nearly as talented as he is. Yet I didn’t quite see that, jump off the film, best player in the country, that I was expecting.

And before the replies claiming I think I know more than the coaches, or I’m only saying that because of this or that...just no. I don’t have a dog in the fight. I want him to be a Vol if the coaches want him too and I don’t think I know more than anyone else. I’ve actually been thinking it for a while now but was going to keep it to myself to avoid the angries.

VN Store

Back