'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Yeah I’m not going to lie. When I watched his highlights I thought the same thing. Don’t get me wrong he’s great—I played RB in HS, was all-state, blah blah blah, and I could only dream to be nearly as talented as he is. Yet I didn’t quite see that, jump off the film, best player in the country, that I was expecting.

And before the replies claiming I think I know more than the coaches, or I’m only saying that because of this or that...just no. I don’t have a dog in the fight. I want him to be a Vol if the coaches want him too and I don’t think I know more than anyone else. I’ve actually been thinking it for a while now but was going to keep it to myself to avoid the angries.
You think he won MVP at the All American bowl without being one of the best players there?

I dont know if you all just expect some Nintendo game or something.

Pruitt doesnt constantly interchange his DBs...RB is completely different. And to be honest this kids tape isnt even that impressive. He wont be getting the bulk of the snaps. He will have to share just like everyone else. And zid be surprised if this kid makes it all throughout college without transferring
Wait...wut...🤪 I am in the ambiguous camp on this kid...but...that is nuts. This kid is electric.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The kid is elite talent. UGA's AD and/or administration pulled the plug on him because the "phone incident" was apparently a bit more strident that has been let on in public and apparently the coaches were told no; they moved on to Edwards. There is a lot of noise about what happened, but this seems to be the closest to the pin of what I have gleaned about what why UGA moved on from him.

This appears to be the old saw of (multi-)million dollar talent and a $.10 head. While I really do not think he will finish at the school he starts at, I've changed my mind about it. Get him, hope like hell the problems can be managed, hope he matures quickly or get out of him what can be gotten before he goes in the ditch/transfers. I changed my mind because if he does jump the tracks at his first school, hopefully the Vols by then are in good enough shape to not have to take the risk on a Round 2 with him or he will have matured and figured out some things.

I'm not sure what some are watching. I've watched both jr and sr film and he exhibits elite vision, cutbacks, jukes, and overall speed. All against top Texas talent. What else are people wanting??
But can he fly ,on and then can he stick a landing ?

I'm not sure what some are watching. I've watched both jr and sr film and he exhibits elite vision, cutbacks, jukes, and overall speed. All against top Texas talent. What else are people wanting??

A decision? I mean...hell...pick a school already.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
The kid is elite talent. UGA's AD and/or administration pulled the plug on him because the "phone incident" was apparently a bit more strident that has been let on in public and apparently the coaches were told no; they moved on to Edwards. There is a lot of noise about what happened, but this seems to be the closest to the pin of what I have gleaned about what why UGA moved on from him.

This appears to be the old saw of (multi-)million dollar talent and a $.10 head. While I really do not think he will finish at the school he starts at, I've changed my mind about it. Get him, hope like hell the problems can be managed, hope he matures quickly or get out of him what can be gotten before he goes in the ditch/transfers. I changed my mind because if he does jump the tracks at his first school, hopefully the Vols by then are in good enough shape to not have to take the risk on a Round 2 with him or he will have matured and figured out some things.
I do not know the details of the decision at UGA but have to think that their decision was to protect their program. That needs to be a standard at all NCAA programs.

Hope so, but heard that last year too. Ole Dan has had our number way more than butterteeth ever did. Really hope we even this thing out right away, but the last 2 games don't leave me with a ton of confidence.

Or maybe they were outliers...? Somehow UK has gone toe to toe with them the last 2 years and probably should be 2-0. Some of this is mindboggling, really.
That's just your BVS, Brother. Have faith.

Hope so, but heard that last year too. Ole Dan has had our number way more than butterteeth ever did. Really hope we even this thing out right away, but the last 2 games don't leave me with a ton of confidence.

Or maybe they were outliers...? Somehow UK has gone toe to toe with them the last 2 years and probably should be 2-0. Some of this is mindboggling, really.

And yet UKs best team in a long time got waxed by Pruitt in his first year as a HC. Clemson beats a really good OSU team yet almost lost to UNC. Mind boggling indeed.

Agreed there...Our DLine version from the 2nd half of the season would have helped with the pass defense too. We definitely had some busted coverages though. I think this year should be a good game if we have solid QB play.

So if our defense gives up 35-40 points to UF again that doesn’t matter right? All it will take is solid QB play to win?

VN Store

Back