'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

If what he says about the car wreck is true, then it could be sort of sad, because his videos were waaay different before a month or two ago. Wonder if he has mental issues because of the wreck? Brain injury leading to personality changes? Phinneus Gage?

Takes me back...

I have my doubts as to whether any of those schools are still actively recruiting him. It wouldn’t surprise me if he were to show up at a very underwhelming school like Ole Miss considering his talents. Major programs can pass on a recruit like him even though he is a 5*

Reactions: GroverCleveland
They seem like different runners. I think Dobbins and Gray have pretty similar running styles. I hope we use Chandler more as a slot/jet sweep/option-pitch guy this year. He just has to regain his confidence.
The difference between Dobbins and any back we have on our roster is size and strength. Dobbins is built like a bowling ball. That to go along with his vision and speed and that dude was practically unstoppable this year. I think he should’ve been the Heisman candidate from OSU this year

Speaking of ZE's academics, recall he missed part of North Shores' state semifinal game Dec 14 due to taking the ACT test. I'm guessing he had the test result in hand on Jan 2 when he and Prime Time Sanders sat down for that odd interview at the UA game. Is it possible that he wasn't (and still isn't) fully qualified, and that is at least part of the reason UGA didn't turn in his LOI and has since backed off?
Apologies if this has already been cussed and discussed.

giphy.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
For a team to make it to a Championship game in Texas the Coaches have to be doing something right. For a kid to go against his Coaches and let his team down throws up a giant red flag for me. I also got alot of confidence in CJP and if the kid comes to UT he will start with a clean plate with me. Tough Call all the way around.

Speaking of ZE's academics, recall he missed part of North Shores' state semifinal game Dec 14 due to taking the ACT test. I'm guessing he had the test result in hand on Jan 2 when he and Prime Time Sanders sat down for that odd interview at the UA game. Is it possible that he wasn't (and still isn't) fully qualified, and that is at least part of the reason UGA didn't turn in his LOI and has since backed off?
Apologies if this has already been cussed and discussed.
If they didn’t turn in his LOI, he would be free to sign. So that’s another Smart generated lie most likely.

I think the best place to be with this kid is maybe the second school he attends and maybe the first is JUCO.. He has already cut his options down tremendously. If he were to go to UF, I think a good chance he winds up in trouble with the law. If he comes here, CJP is not going to put up with sny crap and he transfers before he matures. Ole Miss? Will Lane be able to balance enabling his dysfunction, keeping him on the field and out of the portal.

I really think our best course is to support him, but gently push JUCO and see if he matures. I well may be completely wrong on him, but believe these are not warning bells, but klaxons.

Bottom line: I do not believe he finishes at the first school he attends unless when he tries to transfer, no "greener" pastures are willing to accept him. We will be better in a year and he will have had a dose of reality.
No idea. I think Florida is a little improved as far as off the field trouble. Tennessee or Florida would both be good destinations for this kid. If he goes to Ole Miss honestly see him having issues in the future with the law. Kid has great talent but seems to be a flake. He needs to go somewhere that not only gets him to the league but helps him mature or he’ll piss away his money and opportunity.

Ha. His antics leave little doubt that he's a head case. All the games he plays on social media and disguising visits and misleading the media.

Doesn't mean he's a bad person like everyone seems to be assuming.
Let me ask a serious question how many huge attention whores with rumored issues with authority have had proper parenting?

I hope we land the kid and I hope he does well here but he’s acted like a huge DA to this point. It’s not hard to imagine he continues that trend.

After watching some interviews of this kid on YouTube, I like him a lot. He seems smart. I'm sure plenty here thought they were smarter than their high school coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason for some of the conflict with his HC. That doesn't excuse anything he did, but whatever he did, I could understand it from that point of view.

VN Store

Back