'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Yeah, there’s a lot of odd revionist history regarding brown. He had a solid freshman year behind a bad oline, and had some very productive games in the nfl. Also run a 4.3 forty
Call me when he is inducted in the NCAA or NFL Hall of Fame. I would like to be there.

I think there is an interesting comparison of two potential head cases here.

Player A caught on tape being disorderly and aggressive with fellow students and the law. Lot of fans lobbying for the player to come back to team, where he would represent some depth, at best.

Player B is younger, had non-violent, non-threatening authority issues with a coaching staff and has had an unorthodox recruitment Lot of fans do not want him, say he's a cancer. Would be the highest-rated offensive skill player on team.

Seems inconsistent. We want to add a depth guy that actually looks violent towards the community, but want to pass on a younger guy that apparently had a non-violent beef with coaches.
One guy is a hard charging "team" guy, one is a..allegedly..selfish "me" guy...that is the difference in the "character" situations..and you have to be pretty obtuse to not understand that. It isn't about how "good" a citizen either one is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeleesteeth
I've not chimed in on Evans' recruitment before, but here goes. I just can't see how he is a player CJP wants to recruit. He doesn't fit the MO. So far, Pruitt hasn't recruited anyone with questionable qualities. Banks did this seemingly out of character. Could have already been in his character, but to my knowledge it never showed up. OTOH, Evans is being recruited, I'm just not sure how hard. If I had to make the decision, I'd say pass.

That is why you are the beachmaster and not the head football coach at UT. CJP knows what he is doing. If he chooses to take a kid with question marks, he has weighed the risks. Just relax on the player/recruiting decisions. There is a whole team helping with the background homework.

I think there is an interesting comparison of two potential head cases here.

Player A caught on tape being disorderly and aggressive with fellow students and the law. Lot of fans lobbying for the player to come back to team, where he would represent some depth, at best.

Player B is younger, had non-violent, non-threatening authority issues with a coaching staff and has had an unorthodox recruitment Lot of fans do not want him, say he's a cancer. Would be the highest-rated offensive skill player on team.

Seems inconsistent. We want to add a depth guy that actually looks violent towards the community, but want to pass on a younger guy that apparently had a non-violent beef with coaches.

Didn’t Evans have a fight with one of his coaches during the first game of the year?

This kid isn't coming here imo.
When-Ben-Learns-Truth-Drops-Some-Real-Talk.gif

What’s become of the second player above? That story / lawsuit went sort of quiet
Some men in black (suits not the men themselves) met his family at their home, something about a flash of light and now the kid doesn’t know what a bottle is.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This was basically a kiffin thing. . She was a student at the time and I believe she followed him to Kansas State. When he transfer

Yeah, there’s a lot of odd revionist history regarding brown. He had a solid freshman year behind a bad oline, and had some very productive games in the nfl. Also run a 4.3 forty

That OL had 2 players drafted. Both bounced around but stayed in the league for at least 5 years. It’s perceived as weak because of the Sullens twins, but it’s easier to plug guys like that in the interior.

Hardesty had over 1300 yards, 13 tds, and averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Had at least 90 yards against UF, Auburn, UGA, and USC, so it was against good competition.

That team overall had better talent than some give it credit. Pro type players at almost every level.

The best option for ZE as a player and as a man is Tennessee. Lane Kiffin cannot help him grow. If I’m his parent and want him to move away and have good men to look up to, Pruitt and Jay Graham are it. No question.

I agree. Well stated.

Should be “game over”

Reactions: vols1221

You mean the same "bad" O Line that Hardesty ran for 1,345 yards behind? The line that included Chris Scott, Josh McNeil, Vlad Richard, Aaron Douglas, Jacques McClendon, Dallas Thomas, and the Sullins bros, along with Stocker and Cottam at TE? The line that kept Crompton's jersey clean - just over 1 sack per game?

I think it is revising history to call the 2009 line "bad". I've seen better O Lines at UT, but I've seen several lines here that were worse. And I've also heard or read numerous people bad mouth the talent the Vols had in 2009, especially the O Line, to fit their stories of what a great coach Kiffin was. The facts are that the 2009 team was 7-6, and a bunch of guys on that team later made NFL rosters. I'm pretty sure two more guys, Aaron Douglas and Janzen Jackson, would have had good NFL careers except for sad personal situations.

I've not chimed in on Evans' recruitment before, but here goes. I just can't see how he is a player CJP wants to recruit. He doesn't fit the MO. So far, Pruitt hasn't recruited anyone with questionable qualities. Banks did this seemingly out of character. Could have already been in his character, but to my knowledge it never showed up. OTOH, Evans is being recruited, I'm just not sure how hard. If I had to make the decision, I'd say pass.

Benefit outweighs risk.

This was basically a kiffin thing. . She was a student at the time and I believe she followed him to Kansas State. When he transfer

No she didn’t. She was my year at UT. She graduated and married a military man a few years later. I don’t know if she’s still married at this point (I haven’t kept up with her at all), but she was a nice girl who gets blasted on here for little to no reason. That host/hostess program existed for years before Kiffin was there, and it had guys on the crew as well. It wasn’t just girls. Their jobs were to essentially be tour/visit guides for recruits.

I actually am OK with LSU. Good place to see a game and overall friendly and knowledgable fans. They tend to have great tailgates and are free with their food and beer.

Other than that? Not really another SEC program I like.

You have had a vastly different experience in Baton Rogue than I have

That is why you are the beachmaster and not the head football coach at UT. CJP knows what he is doing. If he chooses to take a kid with question marks, he has weighed the risks. Just relax on the player/recruiting decisions. There is a whole team helping with the background homework.
But if Coach JP takes this kid he is sending different message's to the team and fans, he has weeded out the head ache's so far and talked about the culture, Evans is not a player that will help the culture, we just don't need this kid let him go else where and cause that team major problems, i think in the end coach will wash his hands of this player, we don't pay baby sitter's that i know of at Tennessee and that what you would have to do.

But if Coach JP takes this kid he is sending different message's to the team and fans, he has weeded out the head ache's so far and talked about the culture, Evans is not a player that will help the culture, we just don't need this kid let him go else where and cause that team major problems, i think in the end coach will wash his hands of this player, we don't pay baby sitter's that i know of at Tennessee and that what you would have to do.
I understand in theory where you are coming from, but do you personally know Evans to know he will be this huge locker room cancer to the program? I’ve got to think Pruitt, Hay Graham and our coaches know what they are doing and if they feel he belongs on their football team then I’ll take this kind of talent all day. I’m not trying to say you are wrong, maybe you have personal knowledge outside of what’s been reported, I just want to be really good in football again. To do that in this day and age you need elite players. Reward > risk, imo

No she didn’t. She was my year at UT. She graduated and married a military man a few years later. I don’t know if she’s still married at this point (I haven’t kept up with her at all), but she was a nice girl who gets blasted on here for little to no reason. That host/hostess program existed for years before Kiffin was there, and it had guys on the crew as well. It wasn’t just girls. Their jobs were to essentially be tour/visit guides for recruits.
Right..😉 Tell your sis we said hi..

VN Store

Back