'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

It would be pretty dumb if him to go to UGA at this point and for UGA to take him. Trust is gone. As soon as one thing happens on either side it’s will get ugly. Better off going elsewhere. I think they just don’t want him going to TN or Florida so they are playing games again
TIFWIW, but what I heard down here was the problem was with the school administration at Georgia and once they got wind of the latest incident at the State Championship game they wouldn't let him enroll early and that's what the deal breaker was.

Reactions: MidTennVol
So is this kid more of a Da’Rick (The head case who causes trouble in the background) or a Jauan(got in trouble and just a misunderstanding)

Don't have much more to report beyond that right now, but I was told the visit happened and went well. We'll see what, if anything, comes of it. Tennessee still is probably chasing some other teams for Evans right now.

Callahan
I'm kind of ok with this. I'm not sure I really want this kid on our team. Team mindset is a very delicate thing and one player really can mess it up. We've got some great momentum going into next season with kids who've got good heads on their shoulders, why risk that?

I have my concerns with so much drama in this recruitment notnusually being a good sign for future. I’d still take him because it would be nice to have elite talent RB. It would make sense for him to come here with Chaney who had all that success at UGA with the RBs. I just hope if he does DEcon is right and everyone else is wrong.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Hire jay graham and he’s ours IMO.

Lol jk. I don’t think we have a chance. Hope I’m wrong. VOL till he ain’t.

Whitehead will probably end up as a LB, Small is, well, a small scatback, and Hodge is that Crouch-type short yardage bowling ball. None of them are close to Evans talent-wise. Losing 8 & 9 & 27 is gonna leave a huge talent and experience gap that they need to fill both this year and next.
I agree he is easily the most talented. I just dont like loading up that depends on transfers or position changes to work out.

I find it hilarious all the people who are saying they don’t want him. The kid is a freak athlete and a game changer. Is he a problem? Maybe but if he is I’m sure Smith, Kennedy, Mays and all the other big ugly’s will whip him into shape quick or he will sit the bench and transfer. We have enough talent next year that if he doesn’t become a team player he won’t touch the ball and will transfer. If he plays the game like a big boy we have the best O-Line in the SEC with 3 legit SEC starting RBs.
And then the next year when everyone is wanting to sneak one more player in, we cant take him because we took Evan's on a winger.

Reactions: onevol74
So is this kid more of a Da’Rick (The head case who causes trouble in the background) or a Jauan(got in trouble and just a misunderstanding)
That's the $ 64,000 question. Here's a primer, if we get him, he's just a kid who got in trouble and it was a misunderstanding. If we don't get him, he is a head case who causes trouble in the background. Same template for the other fanbase's involved.

I bet this kid isn't as bad as he is being made out to be. Just seems like a weird dude. Probably a lot of mountains being made into mole hills.
I dont think he is a bad kid. Especially from a legal stance. No issues there.

Just weird in the "he knows exactly what he wants but no one else does so he is just going to play games" way.

Even with a team bought in, you find a couple weak links, give them a catalyst and you can have problems.

All jmo. If he suits up for us I will cheer. But if he doesnt I will wish him well.

Reactions: Sleegro
That's the $ 64,000 question. Here's a primer, if we get him, he's just a kid who got in trouble and it was a misunderstanding. If we don't get him, he is a head case who causes trouble in the background. Same template for the other fanbase's involved.
IMO either way he doesn't sound like a bad kid, just a different sort than most and most of what I've seen seems way overblown.

I dont think he is a bad kid. Especially from a legal stance. No issues there.

Just weird in the "he knows exactly what he wants but no one else does so he is just going to play games" way.

Even with a team bought in, you find a couple weak links, give them a catalyst and you can have problems.

All jmo. If he suits up for us I will cheer. But if he doesnt I will wish him well.
None of that stuff ever bothers me. Kids playing games seems appropriate and is nothing new to this generation. Just more visible.

VN Store

Back