'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I've talked about this kid previously. I like his size. He's a take IMO, with or without Evans. But I'd love to get Evans as well.
He have long arms? Nice height, but pretty over on the weight. Maybe a good long term prospect.

I liked Chase Brice coming out of Hs but I don’t think it makes sense for us to take him as a grad transfer and it reallly doesn’t make sense for him to come here with the talent potential of our QB room. Is there a set in stone guy? No but there a lot of talented competition that is more talented physically than he is. His intangibles is what was always intriguing. He was never scared to compete though as he wouldn’t have went to Clemson in first place if he was.
Legs are intriguing. His passing stats aren't that good, but rushing is pretty dang effective. Maybe a seasoned version of Maurer.

put me in the "don't want him camp". Dont get me wrong, I think he has a really high ceiling, but his floor is pretty low too IMO

people talk about Pruitt handling guys like this, but those have been guys who have loved UT. Evans doesnt strike me like that. Evans seems like he is in shopping mode and doesn't quiet know what he wants.

keep the spot. dont need 4 RBs in one class. it will be difficult already to recruit in 2021 with 3

put me in the "don't want him camp". Dont get me wrong, I think he has a really high ceiling, but his floor is pretty low too IMO

people talk about Pruitt handling guys like this, but those have been guys who have loved UT. Evans doesnt strike me like that. Evans seems like he is in shopping mode and doesn't quiet know what he wants.

keep the spot. dont need 4 RBs in one class. it will be difficult already to recruit in 2021 with 3
I know of feel the same way.
I’d rather have Brown or Henderson next year.

Whitehead will probably end up as a LB, Small is, well, a small scatback, and Hodge is that Crouch-type short yardage bowling ball. None of them are close to Evans talent-wise. Losing 8 & 9 & 27 is gonna leave a huge talent and experience gap that they need to fill both this year and next.

Shipley is most likely a shoo in for Bama or UNC. Dunno how Mack can pull 5 stars to a team that has very little history, much less deep success. I’ll never understand that...
A lot of people would say that about Rick Barnes too. Some of these older coaches just have a gravitas that attracts guys. Being on tv for a few years doesnt hurt either.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Shipley is most likely a shoo in for Bama or UNC. Dunno how Mack can pull 5 stars to a team that has very little history, much less deep success. I’ll never understand that...

Shipley is not going to UNC...he only listed them to keep an in state school on his list. He is a huge Bama fan, but keep an eye on Clemson if they decide to be a player here.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
AV said we are visiting him. I haven’t seen anything about him visiting us.
According to pay site Nieds is visiting him today. FWIW he signed with UGA w/o an official visit...
Just visited Ole Miss I believe, apparently Lane said no thanks, reminded him too much of Bryce Brown....😎

Reactions: UTSuave’

VN Store

Back