'21 TX QB Shedeur Sanders (FAU Commit)

I base my opinion not on what he does as a parent, but on his actions the past 30 years I’ve been a sports fan. Never got into his persona. And he effed a lot of kids and families over with his “school” down in Texas. But to each his own.

Again wrong information the school blunder was not on Deion. The school was the ppl he allowed to run the school and they were stealing as fast as Deion could raise the money. There are federal/state documents of public record to state what happened. His name was on it but the fall of the school had nothing to do with Deion. On his personality his actions as a player aka his on field personality was his show. He sold his brand and made a lot of money doing so. Can’t knock a man for establishing himself and backing it up and letting the world know his confidence was on 10. For all he did he’s still known today as the greatest cb of all time.

Lavar got a bad rap? Lavar is his own (and his son's) worst enemy.

LaVar is brilliant and a great attention grabber. He made a lot of money and his boys all benefited from his shenanigans. Before the shenanigans nobody knew who he was or his sons. He sold a dream to the world and profited handsomely.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Again wrong information the school blunder was not on Deion. The school was the ppl he allowed to run the school and they were stealing as fast as Deion could raise the money. There are federal/state documents of public record to state what happened. His name was on it but the fall of the school had nothing to do with Deion. On his personality his actions as a player aka his on field personality was his show. He sold his brand and made a lot of money doing so. Can’t knock a man for establishing himself and backing it up and letting the world know his confidence was on 10. For all he did he’s still known today as the greatest cb of all time.

Okay, but if you don’t mind, I’m still gonna consider him an obnoxious tool so we’ll just agree to disagree.

Reactions: tennvols77
LaVar is brilliant and a great attention grabber. He made a lot of money and his boys all benefited from his shenanigans. Before the shenanigans nobody knew who he was or his sons. He sold a dream to the world and profited handsomely.
Nobody knew who his sons were? There’s no way you seriously believe that. Lonzo Ball was the #2 ranked player in his class. LiAngelo wasn’t any good and is off playing ball in the GLeague where he belongs. LaMelo was the #26 overall player in his class.

Those kids didn’t need their dad acting like an idiot to be recognized for their basketball talent. He has done nothing but hinder their development along the way by pulling them out of schools, shipping some off to Lithuania to play, basically poisoning the Laker locker room to the point that they gave up on Lonzo and shipped him off via trade.

Lavar may be “brilliant” and an “attention grabber”, and he has certainly profited from his ridiculous antics, but it all revolves around the talent and ability of his sons, not the other way around.

Lavar may have made himself a lot of money, but he may cost his sons money when teams get tired of his antics and choose not to resign the kids.

Nobody knew who his sons were? There’s no way you seriously believe that. Lonzo Ball was the #2 ranked player in his class. LiAngelo wasn’t any good and is off playing ball in the GLeague where he belongs. LaMelo was the #26 overall player in his class.

Those kids didn’t need their dad acting like an idiot to be recognized for their basketball talent. He has done nothing but hinder their development along the way by pulling them out of schools, shipping some off to Lithuania to play, basically poisoning the Laker locker room to the point that they gave up on Lonzo and shipped him off via trade.

Lavar may be “brilliant” and an “attention grabber”, and he has certainly profited from his ridiculous antics, but it all revolves around the talent and ability of his sons, not the other way around.

It didn’t just start when he was the #2 player. He was doing this before all of that. I’ve been on the aau eybl circuit before they were known and he was hyping them then. Honestly Alonzo to me was never special and has always been kinda average. Really the guy had a plan and executed it and their whole family is rich.

Reactions: you
It didn’t just start when he was the #2 player. He was doing this before all of that. I’ve been on the aau eybl circuit before they were known and he was hyping them then. Honestly Alonzo to me was never special and has always been kinda average. Really the guy had a plan and executed it and their whole family is rich.
No doubt it didn't start when Lonzo was the #2 player. Lavar was certainly a jackass before then, and he still is. And I'd agree that Lonzo was a bit overrated, mostly because he couldn't shoot, but that didn't stop numerous high major D1 programs from salivating over his potential and offering him a scholarship. He wasn't truly the #2 player in his class based purely on talent, but he was easily still top 15.

The point is, Lonzo and his brothers, while perhaps overrated to a degree, were still plenty talented enough to stand on their own merits without their dad puffing them up. And frankly, the world wouldn't know Lavar Ball to the degree we do without the talents of his sons to piggyback off of, not the other way around.

No doubt it didn't start when Lonzo was the #2 player. Lavar was certainly a jackass before then, and he still is. And I'd agree that Lonzo was a bit overrated, mostly because he couldn't shoot, but that didn't stop numerous high major D1 programs from salivating over his potential and offering him a scholarship. He wasn't truly the #2 player in his class based purely on talent, but he was easily still top 15.

The point is, Lonzo and his brothers, while perhaps overrated to a degree, were still plenty talented enough to stand on their own merits without their dad puffing them up. And frankly, the world wouldn't know Lavar Ball to the degree we do without the talents of his sons to piggyback off of, not the other way around.
There hasn’t been one career achievement that can be attributed to him. If anything, they’ve persevered in spite of his clown schemes.

hmmmm, I respect this decision. I’m also very curious as to why though. He must have some good reason haha

hmmmm, I respect this decision. I’m also very curious as to why though. He must have some good reason haha
I was not all that impressed with him as a player, so I wonder if this is a radical move on his behalf or a true indication of his actual talent vs his last name.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Said he wanted to play for a black head coach.

I respect that.. but there’s way better black coaches out there than Willie Taggart that he could’ve chosen to play for. Jmo.

Said he wanted to play for a black head coach.

I respect that.. but there’s way better black coaches out there than Willie Taggart that he could’ve chosen to play for. Jmo.

His dad and Willie are very cool and their Fla native ties as well as Willie's relationship with them at FSU. I agree he could've found a better blk HC than Willie to play for especially when there's a guy out in the PAC-12 that way more accomplished at Ariz St, Ariz, and Stanford.

VN Store

Back