'21 TX QB Shedeur Sanders (FAU Commit)

Never thought I would see the day the Vols get out recruited by FAU. Complete and udder failure by this staff. Pandemic or not there is no excuse.

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
His dad and Willie are very cool and their Fla native ties as well as Willie's relationship with them at FSU. I agree he could've found a better blk HC than Willie to play for especially when there's a guy out in the PAC-12 that way more accomplished at Ariz St, Ariz, and Stanford.

Would definitely let my son ( If I had one) play for Shaw, Edwards, Tucker, or Sumlin. Id tell Chip Kelly to go EAD

Sanders likely feels more comfortable around somebody he can relate to more than other coaches. Not an issue.

Not trying to takes a stance on this, but based purely off this description it sounds like prejudicial racism. If the sides were reversed and a white employer said “I’m going to hire Bob (white) because I feel more comfortable around him than I do with John (black)” then I think most people would have a problem with that.

Reactions: Pacer92
Not trying to takes a stance on this, but based purely off this description it sounds like prejudicial racism. If the sides were reversed and a white employer said “I’m going to hire Bob (white) because I feel more comfortable around him than I do with John (black)” then I think most people would have a problem with that.

Yes. Because that’s unlawful discrimination.

Last edited:
Said he wanted to play for a black head coach.

I respect that.. but there’s way better black coaches out there than Willie Taggart that he could’ve chosen to play for. Jmo.

I haven't verified the statment but if true, a player says that when their options are limited anyway. He has nothing to lose. If Alabama called, then he wouldn't want to play for a black head coach as a default remark. It sounds like sour grapes.

A player like that is probably better you avoid because it sounds alienating. Don't be surprised if he transfers at least once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nooga
It’s a lot more to it then a lot of y’all are realizing... don’t act like our country wasn’t built on the back of slavery... we had slavery and segregation for far longer than we haven’t... so a black man wanting to play for and help another black man be successful in a sport that does not have many black head coaches is not racist... look up the definition of racist... Go Vols good luck to the kid.
I agree that it isn't racist for Sanders to prefer to play for a black head coach. It is merely preference. After all, he never said "I don't want to play for a white coach". That would be considered racist.

The same is true if a white kid preferred to play for a white head coach without explicitly saying he didn't want to play for a black coach. Again, simply his preference. However, you and I both know that a black quarterback and a white quarterback expressing their preference publicly is judged waaaaay differently. So, while it may not be racist, as you said, it is a double standard to allow public admission of preference for one individual versus another simply based on the color of their skin and their individual preference. Harrison Bailey would be tarred and feathered if he came out and said he chose Tennessee in part because he wanted to play for a white coach.

I agree that it isn't racist for Sanders to prefer to play for a black head coach. It is merely preference. After all, he never said "I don't want to play for a white coach". That would be considered racist.

The same is true if a white kid preferred to play for a white head coach without explicitly saying he didn't want to play for a black coach. Again, simply his preference. However, you and I both know that a black quarterback and a white quarterback expressing their preference publicly is judged waaaaay differently. So, while it may not be racist, as you said, it is a double standard to allow public admission of preference for one individual versus another simply based on the color of their skin and their individual preference. Harrison Bailey would be tarred and feathered if he came out and said he chose Tennessee in part because he wanted to play for a white coach.

Very well stated. I wish Sanders nothing but the best at FAU.

Sanders will do good at FAU. They’ve been able to grab some top tier talent being in that portion of Florida. I don’t understand what the big deal is.... if he wants to play for a black coach who cares. I don’t know why people make everything about race anyways.
Because we all have to have something to be divided over and pissy about. 🤷‍♂️ Simple.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

Well said

Well said

In regards to a hs kid picking a coach hc of skin color, or, any shallow reason for that matter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

racist isn’t the right word - but the kid is making one of the biggest decisions of his entire life based on the pigmentation of the coaches skin.

If a kid came out and said he wanted to play for a white head coach, you and many many more people would feign outrage. Justifiably so.

Feel free to pretend that isn’t the case though.

Players that feel the current racial polarization in our country today want to feel that the coach who they allow to mentor them for the next four years actually cares more about them personally than professionally. They want to be heard, RESPECTED, and appreciated instead of tolerated. They want a coach who will stand up and defend them like CJP instead of receiving silence from someone like Jerry Jones.

Jackson state is gonna be no joke. Sanders will bring in the best class in school history his 1st year

VN Store

Back