TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Wow. He must have dropped pretty bad.
I'd guess he went up. He wasn't ranked day 1 either and by the sound of everything being said, he had a so-so day 1. 247 had him ranked near the bottom of the 20+ guys. Well he scored 6th in day 2. I'd say the average of those 2 days puts him just outside the top 11.

But also look above to see the whack "formula" they use. 50% of the ranking is from Junior year game play. So if they already decided his Jr film wasn't near the top, he's had to climb an invisible mountain since he arrived.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So he was 6/7 in the camp but then they add in Jr season performance so their rankings don't look so bad?
In day 2 alone, he was. No idea for day 1 because I don't think they released testing scores, only their formulated "ranking" the next day, so we'll never know. Grain o salt either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Correct.....but as I was saying he was ranked 7th overall by one of the sites so far..maybe it was SI..so there is quite a disparity..
I'd bet that is because they are viewing and using 100% what has happened these 3 days (what a wild idea!).

update (from Dilfer's mouth)...75% of the ranks are from Jr film AND "traits". ONLY 25% based on the 3 days of camp 😂🤣😃

This sounds new to me, but he said they are "trying to project where you will go". Let's be real, they have had DUDS win it in the past, it looked bad, so they changed it up to projecting based on external/past factors, rather than who deserved it/was best according to their own drills. Probably because their own camp/methods weren't good enough lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: VflPT22
This is your annual reminder to not get hung up on who "wins" the Elite 11.

Jeff Driskel beat Teddy Bridgewater.
Neal Burchum was named co-MVP with Jameis Winston.
Asaintii Woulard beat Jared Goff and Josh Dobbs.
Sean White beat Deshaun Watson.
Blake Barnett beat Kyler Murray.
Shea Patterson beat Dwayne Haskins.

Best post I have seen in a long time. Makes you wonder what the value of this camp is.

Best post I have seen in a long time. Makes you wonder what the value of this camp is.
It truly should be the coaching and mentoring. Saw Quincy is coaching there, along with other well known QB coaches. So I do think it is valuable for our commits to get that coaching and time in. And it should drive them, realizing they haven't done anything yet on the college/national level and there are plenty of other really good QBs they have to work harder than.

As for the rankings, zilch.

It's what he does when the lights come on in Neyland that matters to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but what does it matter how he's ranked or what he does in some camp with no one looking to knock his head off?

Because it's much easier to make a throw with no defense and no one trying to kill you. That's why it matters.

VN Store

Back