TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

A dual threat qb can help even the playing field when playing against a more talented team. It’s a wild card that touches the ball every play and can take over a game with less help. A statue at Qb relies more on his line and playmakers around him. That’s why a team like bama doesn’t need one... they’re more talented at just about every position.

A dual threat qb can help even the playing field when playing against a more talented team. It’s a wild card that touches the ball every play and can take over a game with less help. A statue at Qb relies more on his line and playmakers around him. That’s why a team like bama doesn’t need one... they’re more talented at just about every position.
Thank you for saying it

As much as I like Bailey and think he will be a good College QB, his lack of mobility is a concern. My personal preference would be a guy that's maybe not as polished as a passer but brings a different energy with his legs. I think Salter may be that guy. Time will tell.

You can use both.

I have it on good authority that Chaney is not a huge Bailey fan..

Then he needs to go into the portal and go play somewhere else than for our stupid OC. He will then show what an idiot CJC is just like some kid named Fields did. I wish Bailey the best and leaving Tennessee sounds like in his best career interest. He will shine somewhere else.

Last edited:
Man yall blowing the Chaney thing way out of proportion. Just because he possibly favored and went after King and then Salter - more dynamic guys - doesn't mean he suddenly dislikes HB altogether. He has obviously lived with JG and didn't chase a DT qb last offseason...rather going with what appeared to be the best of the bunch in JTD. I do believe he has a preference these days, but he is flexible.

Man yall blowing the Chaney thing way out of proportion. Just because he possibly favored and went after King and then Salter - more dynamic guys - doesn't mean he suddenly dislikes HB altogether. He has obviously lived with JG and didn't chase a DT qb last offseason...rather going with what appeared to be the best of the bunch in JTD. I do believe he has a preference these days, but he is flexible.
I think Chaney is past his prime. With or without JG. The most creative thing he does is a flea flicker checkdown to Eric Gray.

Last edited:
Bailey won a 7A Georgia state title playing behind a 2A offensive line. He’s not the running “weapon “ that Salter is but he’s a super quick decision maker and has a quick release. He’s probably as good a runner as Trevor. It just wasn’t something that Mariettas O really showcased.
Did they run a RPO at Marietta?

By no means is he a statue, but to be fair that is high school football which is a lot slower than the SEC. One of our current QB’s, who fans absolutely don’t wanna see on the field again, was also a hell of a runner in high school. Statue in the SEC

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I also tend to agree with the sentiment that a school like UT needs either an elite college passer(like Tyler Bray and Erik Ainge at times were) or a guy like josh dobbs who isn’t gonna make all the throws, but will win you games with his all-around talent. An average passer and below average runner like Gaurantano isn’t gonna get it done here. I haven’t seen Bailey play so I reserve judgement on him, but shrout should look elsewhere and Maurer should be the guy from here on out. Maurer can do it with his legs, and the guy can be a good passer at times. He has difference making speed running the football though. Different than Dobbs but still playing Maurer the rest of the season probably gives us the best chance to win 5-7 games instead of 3-4

I also tend to agree with the sentiment that a school like UT needs either an elite college passer(like Tyler Bray and Erik Ainge at times were) or a guy like josh dobbs who isn’t gonna make all the throws, but will win you games with his all-around talent. An average passer and below average runner like Gaurantano isn’t gonna get it done here. I haven’t seen Bailey play so I reserve judgement on him, but shrout should look elsewhere and Maurer should be the guy from here on out. Maurer can do it with his legs, and the guy can be a good passer at times. He has difference making speed running the football though. Different than Dobbs but still playing Maurer the rest of the season probably gives us the best chance to win 5-7 games instead of 3-4
And when I say school like UT I mean one that is top 15 in recruiting opposed to UGA, Bama, LSU, etc who are in the top 5. We have to show that we are a school capable of making the playoff before we can start landing recruits like UGA and Bama. So I firmly believe a game breaking QB is needed for that.

There isn’t 7 games left in the season for Tennessee.

By no means is he a statue, but to be fair that is high school football which is a lot slower than the SEC. One of our current QB’s, who fans absolutely don’t wanna see on the field again, was also a hell of a runner in high school. Statue in the SEC

Was he a hell of a runner though? From what I could find it says JG had 251 carries for 523 yards in high school.

It is cool that we discredit Bailey for having some playmakers around him. Why don't we discredit Uiagalelei and Young, who both went to traditional high school powerhouses.

Bailey was on a bad team that turned into a great one. You could probably make a case that if Bailey had not been injured early in his high school career that he would be the most prolific QB in Georgia state history.

I’m talking overall wins bro
I love the optimism and I would love for a qb change but Maurer hasn’t shown he can finish a game healthy much less beat A&M or Auburn. I’ve honestly got reservations about Arkansas... if he actually got a fair shake then yes I think he could but with him basically watching practice for the majority of August and September I don’t think it’s realistic to claim he is the difference.

He also didn't have an SEC OL. A lot of the defenses he faced were pretty loaded with those guys though. He played against Myle Murphy 5*, Jeremiah Trotter #1 ILB in the country. Every team he faced last year was loaded with players. McEachern had UF, UGA, and Bama commits on D. That Eastside team has the #2 player in the country this season. Grayson had tons of 4*s. It was a top 5 high school schedule in the country last season. He played the Florida runner up, the PA state champ, the Washington state champ, Lowndes, Grayson, McEachern, all last season. He played St. Johns, Good Counsel. He beat Blessed Trinity his SO year who Trevor Lawrence lost his last high school game to later that season. It was the highest possible level you could play in high school and the only lineman in his 4 years that signed with a P5 school to play OL went to Colorado. The only other one that signed in that time went to Kennesaw St.

Was he a hell of a runner though? From what I could find it says JG had 251 carries for 523 yards in high school.

It is cool that we discredit Bailey for having some playmakers around him. Why don't we discredit Uiagalelei and Young, who both went to traditional high school powerhouses.

Bailey was on a bad team that turned into a great one. You could probably make a case that if Bailey had not been injured early in his high school career that he would be the most prolific QB in Georgia state history.
He would. He basically missed an entire season. 6 games his So year and 3 his JR year I believe. He would be the record holder for yards.

VN Store

Back