TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

He seriously might start game one next year
Based on? I love his dynamism and all, but have you seen his intermediate throws? From what was seen in his camp throws he has a LOT of work to do to be brutally honest.

Based on? I love his dynamism and all, but have you seen his intermediate throws? From what was seen in his camp throws he has a LOT of work to do to be brutally honest.

Can't teach dynamic. Plus he will be Chaneys guy. At any rate it should be healthy competition between him and HB

That’s strange
He immediately went after a more dynamic guy in Haynes King when he arrived here. Jmo but he's looking for dynamic guys that can run spread with rpo and some designed runs and so on. Remember his last big get at uga was justin fields as well.

@saltfanclub how is he doing this year? Can’t seem to find any stats so far. Have you seee can’t progression on things he’s worked on? If so what do you think that is?

As much as I like Bailey and think he will be a good College QB, his lack of mobility is a concern. My personal preference would be a guy that's maybe not as polished as a passer but brings a different energy with his legs. I think Salter may be that guy. Time will tell.

Not saying Chaney doesn't like Bailey but he didn't have any interest in him while at UGA.

Judging by the level of judgement/performance that Chaney has shown this year, I’m not sure that’s any kind of knock on Bailey.

Yeah, seems like we want a Bo Nix type of dude.

Maurer and Salter.

Why we never play Bailey or Shrout. Shrout is terrible and Bailey doesn’t know the offense. So, we go with JG cause he is the best QB we have for the offense, since Maurer hasn’t practiced a lot. I think we are just trying to bite the bullet till Maurer or Salter take over.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
As much as I like Bailey and think he will be a good College QB, his lack of mobility is a concern. My personal preference would be a guy that's maybe not as polished as a passer but brings a different energy with his legs. I think Salter may be that guy. Time will tell.

Bailey won a 7A Georgia state title playing behind a 2A offensive line. He’s not the running “weapon “ that Salter is but he’s a super quick decision maker and has a quick release. He’s probably as good a runner as Trevor. It just wasn’t something that Mariettas O really showcased.

I realize I'm old fashion but I want my QB to throw the ball and the RB's to run the ball.I do like the QB to be athletic enough to keep a little fear on the D and be able to extend plays but I prefer a Peyton Manning style of QB more than a true duel threat QB.A lot of bad things can happen to a QB running a lot and would hate to finally have a QB we all believe in and him get a major injury running the ball.JMO

I realize I'm old fashion but I want my QB to throw the ball and the RB's to run the ball.I do like the QB to be athletic enough to keep a little fear on the D and be able to extend plays but I prefer a Peyton Manning style of QB more than a true duel threat QB.A lot of bad things can happen to a QB running a lot and would hate to finally have a QB we all believe in and him get a major injury running the ball.JMO
That old fashioned QB and old fashioned offense gets you beat today, is the sad part. Everything is evolving

That’s at Alabama, though. They could run anything they want and still be successful with the roster they have
True, but to sit there and say that it cannot be done isn’t based in logic whatsoever. Pretty sure Wisconsin and Iowa make a living with pro style qbs. I would give my testicular sac to have Wisconsin’s success.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I wouldn’t say I prefer the statue QB, but I want my QB to be 100% pass first. The more athletic the better - love the way the Wilson’s and Murray’s extend plays - but I want a passer first. A QB has to be able to sling it. Give me the statuesque gunslinger over the athlete all day every day. It’s a tried and true method.

True, but to sit there and say that it cannot be done isn’t based in logic whatsoever. Pretty sure Wisconsin and Iowa make a living with pro style qbs. I would give my testicular sac to have Wisconsin’s success.
I’m just saying. To say that the game isn’t or hasn’t evolved isn’t based on logic, either. That’s what I was getting at. Not arguing. We’re both correct.

I’m just saying. To say that the game isn’t or hasn’t evolved isn’t based on logic, either. That’s what I was getting at. Not arguing. We’re both correct.
It absolutely has. I just don’t think one has to have a true duel threat to run spread and win. What I’ve seen from Hyatt and the flash of Wideman give me an accurate gunslinger.

VN Store

Back