TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

Doesn't Marietta play a national schedule?
Yes, Bailey's JR Marietta played probably a top 3 schedule in the country. Last year we beat the 3 or 4 time defending PA state champ in St Joseph's, the runner up in FL, the WA state champ, plus played Grayson, McEachern, Hillgrove, Camden, Parkview, Milton, and Lowndes. I think every team we played in the playoffs was national top 100, some top 25.

Yes, Bailey's JR Marietta played probably a top 3 schedule in the country. Last year we beat the 3 or 4 time defending PA state champ in St Joseph's, the runner up in FL, the WA state champ, plus played Grayson, McEachern, Hillgrove, Camden, Parkview, Milton, and Lowndes. I think every team we played in the playoffs was national top 100, some top 25.

What was that team they flew to and beat the breaks off of? It wasn’t even a game.....

What was that team they flew to and beat the breaks off of? It wasn’t even a game.....
It was the State Champ from Washington state, Eastside Catholic. Probably the 12th or 13th best team we played this season, but one of their guys is the #2 ranked player in the country this season.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I am confused. Chip Kelly is a proven winning coach. So what’s the problem??
He took over a proven winning program at Oregon and amped it up with a nouveau aggressive offense. He made the right hires in Frost, Helfrich for recruiting purposes and benefitted from the California draw. Never has been a program BUILDER and the rest of the football world caught up to his offense.

I don’t think he’s as invested in recruiting as people thought. Easier to recruit to Oregon because the uniform combos and gear... UCLA doesn’t have that so a lot more chasing and effort.
People bypassed his lack of recruiting chops. It’s not like it was a state secret. He spent his off-seasons holed up in his miser cabin in NH working on his scheme. There’s a reason he was a longtime assistant at lower division programs before Oregon hired him to soup up their offense.

People bypassed his lack of recruiting chops. It’s not like it was a state secret. He spent his off-seasons holed up in his miser cabin in NH working on his scheme. There’s a reason he was a longtime assistant at lower division programs before Oregon hired him to soup up their offense.

Chip Kelly was one of my candidates to replace Butch and I’m honestly surprised he’s struggling right now at UCLA.

I thought he could put out a descent football team.

He took over a proven winning program at Oregon and amped it up with a nouveau aggressive offense. He made the right hires in Frost, Helfrich for recruiting purposes and benefitted from the California draw. Never has been a program BUILDER and the rest of the football world caught up to his offense.
Well, whenever your agent's name is, Hillbilly...

Chip Kelly was one of my candidates to replace Butch and I’m honestly surprised he’s struggling right now at UCLA.

I thought he could put out a descent football team.
He can COACH a team a ton...can’t build one. Felt I knew and stated often that he would fail in the SEC...whether at UT or Florida. He’s a mad scientist who doesn’t relate to recruits or their moms.

He can COACH a team a ton...can’t build one. Felt I knew and stated often that he would fail in the SEC...whether at UT or Florida. He’s a mad scientist who doesn’t relate to recruits or their moms.
Kinda seeing that thing with how Florida is starting to sink because of their goober of a head coach and the lackluster effort they are putting out at a place that really isn’t that difficult to recruit to.

Kinda seeing that thing with how Florida is starting to sink because of their goober of a head coach and the lackluster effort they are putting out at a place that really isn’t that difficult to recruit to.
I saw Mullen as a better recruiter than Kelly...but so is dirt! The deal with him is he’s not a SEC level closer imo. He’s landed good classes but that’s more likely the byproduct of Florida recruiting itself and he’s very good at developing players...if they stay. 😉

He always seemed borderline sociopathic to me. His arrogance probably hinders recruiting a bit.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back