TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

He is. That’s a lie Ga fans were telling to explain why HB didn’t give them the time of day
I dunno why anyone would think Jim wouldn’t be nuts about having HB on the roster. Kid is a special talent with a great arm and he knows how to move around away from pressure & make throws on the run. That’s Chaneys type of QB, am I wrong?

Why would Chaney not be high on HB?

Its clear from what little I know of throwing foosballs, that HB is leagues above Peterman, Crumpton, and JG.

If he liked any of those dewds, he gun luv HB.
That isn't what was said, really. AV merely said they are more bullish on KS than HB. People can choose to make that out as a negative on HB. I'm going to choose to take that as a big positive for KS.

I wonder if Chaney's got a bunch of new plays/schemes drawn up that he really wants to try with a true dual-threat QB. Probably stuff he started working on when they got Fields at UGA, but could never actually implement b/c of Smart's insistence on starting Fromm. Seems like that might explain why, as AV posted, he's more excited about Salter.

That isn't what was said, really. AV merely said they are more bullish on KS than HB. People can choose to make that out as a negative on HB. I'm going to choose to take that as a big positive for KS.
Yep

I wonder if Chaney's got a bunch of new plays/schemes drawn up that he really wants to try with a true dual-threat QB. Probably stuff he started working on when they got Fields at UGA, but could never actually implement b/c of Smart's insistence on starting Fromm. Seems like that might explain why, as AV posted, he's more excited about Salter.
This sounds reasonable.

I used the data from Max Preps to calculate the passer rating for KS & HB using the NCAA formula. Kaidon had a huge jump in improvement from his So year to his Jr year. This is just comparing passing and doesn't consider the run aspects Kaidon can bring to the game. I watch a little bit of his Jr film and was making notes, ball placement, footwork, and I quit watching after a while because it was a waste of time. I was just writing down Wow! after each play. Obviously both of these guys will have to adjust to the speed of SEC play but it looks to me like we'll have two exceptionally talented prospects joining our QB room. jmo.

View attachment 276333

What was the difference in pass attempts?

I believe it’s another classic leap from one of our insiders. Never doubt he has contacts and that what he puts out on here is of the educated variety, but like the great LWS declaring Gene Chizik our new DC, both Deerpark and Bob Mueller (RIP) saying Justin Martin was gone after an incident and AV (again) saying Chaney’s hire was a no go...sometimes it’s their OWN OPINION transposed as inside information. Just strongly skeptical that this staff revealed their cards on preferences. Maybe the thrill of the hunt that we know as recruiting clouded the interpretation.

I believe it’s another classic leap from one of our insiders. Never doubt he has contacts and that what he puts out on here is of the educated variety, but like the great LWS declaring Gene Chizik our new DC, both Deerpark and Bob Mueller (RIP) saying Justin Martin was gone after an incident and AV (again) saying Chaney’s hire was a no go...sometimes it’s their OWN OPINION transposed as inside information. Just strongly skeptical that this staff revealed their cards on preferences. Maybe the thrill of the hunt that we know as recruiting clouded the interpretation.
I agree with Devo that the comment isn’t a negative on HB, just a positive on KS. OCs get excited about mobile guys with big arms, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Chaney has been more vocal about Salter’s talent lately. Agree with you tho in that I doubt he’d express that he favors one over another explicitly. But I’ll tell ya right now KS is nowhere near as polished throwing from the pocket as HB.

The guy is a future star and a first round draft pick in my opinion. His film is very impressive, kid can do it all very, very well.

Reactions: Devo182
Meaning he has reached near his ceiling of potential. This is completely hypothetical and I’m no scout, for all I know this could be Chaney’s train of thought. I was only offering a possible reason for them being higher on Salter 🤷🏼‍♂️
Except no one knows if it's true or not. We know they love Salter. That does not mean that they are higher on him than HB.

I'm hoping Chaney designs a short yardage/red zone package for Jimmy Holiday to use this year. Maybe Chaney can trial run with Holiday this year, and kick it up a notch with Salter beginning 2021.

And I'm not discounting HB. But, it's good to have different options to keep Saban, Smart, and Grantham on their heels.

Reactions: AllVol11717
IF TRUE... then basically because he knows the kid and his ability much better than you, me, or the recruiting sites that gave Bailey 5*.

I have resisted buying the hype... and am still not buying it. I don't think he wins the job or even becomes #2 this year. If I'm wrong then great... UT will have a star in the making. But I've watched a ton of highlights from various QB's over the years. I didn't see anything to make me think HB was in the Lawrence range.
D4H, is that you?

Reactions: tn4elvis
Y’all do realize it’s not a Chaney or someone doesn’t like HB. Maybe they just think Salter has higher ceiling but HB has better floor. I think the stigma with HB is how much upside does he have and honestly I think it’s because he has been on scene so long. Also people just like the dual threat guy that can bail you out of a bad play call

Has the virus infected some of you guys....
HB has a couple practices and you watch a few videos of Salter, and now the staff thinks he is a bust....
This is so wrong....
They don’t think he’s a bust. Chaney isn’t enamored with him like the fans. Don’t overthink it.

Reactions: Coach Punk

VN Store

Back