'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

I'm not the best at comparing before they are on more equal ground (i.e.not high school) but seems like with Bailey and King, it will come down to their college development, coaches and their personal drive.
If we do land both, gonna get interesting.

Haha, we're talking like he's not around.
"Guys, I'm sitting right here"

My turn👀
It's like there's 2 personalities. The RF and the FF catbone.
I just gotta figure out how to place FF bone on ignore but not RF cat.😂

Wait...he's worse in the FF?!?

Meanwhile, the Vols are gearing up for a huge visit weekend with 4-star quarterback Haynes King in town. Tennessee is going all-out to add a second blue-chip quarterback to the 2020 class. While King visited Texas A&M last weekend, the in-state Aggies do not sit in the catbird seat. Tennessee has a real opportunity to seal the deal this weekend.

- VQ

SIAP 247’s evaluation on King
Evaluation

Long-framed, athletic quarterback with true dual-threat ability. Grew two inches from sophomore to junior year. Lean, sinewy build, but terrific frame space and big hands. Outstanding athlete who runs the 400, the 4x400 relay, and throws the discus. Also plays basketball. Flashes big-play top-end speed in the read game. Perhaps at his best throwing on the run. Very accurate on the move and throws with impressive touch. Has shown terrific ball placement even when throwing across body on the run. Extends plays with his athleticism. Plays with calm, poised demeanor. Coach's kid with high football IQ. Fierce competitor. Dangerous on the run but will stand in the pocket and deliver under duress if required. Shows above-average arm strength, but can improve overall throwing power - which should come with further development and physical maturity. Must continue to add bulk to fill out frame and improve overall strength. Displays excellent knack for varying arm angles as needed, but needs to quicken release and shorten delivery. Highly productive dual-threat QB with great physical traits and huge production for a Texas Class 6A D-II state title team as a junior. Definite P5-caliber starter with top half of the NFL Draft potential.

200.gif

Reactions: SweetasSoda
SIAP 247’s evaluation on King
Evaluation

Long-framed, athletic quarterback with true dual-threat ability. Grew two inches from sophomore to junior year. Lean, sinewy build, but terrific frame space and big hands. Outstanding athlete who runs the 400, the 4x400 relay, and throws the discus. Also plays basketball. Flashes big-play top-end speed in the read game. Perhaps at his best throwing on the run. Very accurate on the move and throws with impressive touch. Has shown terrific ball placement even when throwing across body on the run. Extends plays with his athleticism. Plays with calm, poised demeanor. Coach's kid with high football IQ. Fierce competitor. Dangerous on the run but will stand in the pocket and deliver under duress if required. Shows above-average arm strength, but can improve overall throwing power - which should come with further development and physical maturity. Must continue to add bulk to fill out frame and improve overall strength. Displays excellent knack for varying arm angles as needed, but needs to quicken release and shorten delivery. Highly productive dual-threat QB with great physical traits and huge production for a Texas Class 6A D-II state title team as a junior. Definite P5-caliber starter with top half of the NFL Draft potential.
Sinewy build? C’mon guys... that’s what we’re going with in our evaluation?

If he commits I hope we don’t have idiots turn it into a king vs Bailey hate session and just enjoy the possibility of signing 2 top 5 QBs instead of wondering if we found a diamond in rough
is this your first day? lol. that'd probably be a good time to hit freak up again about the "ignore thread" feature....

If he commits I hope we don’t have idiots turn it into a king vs Bailey hate session and just enjoy the possibility of signing 2 top 5 QBs instead of wondering if we found a diamond in rough
True but you know it's inevitable... Idiots going to be idiots

I must admit, the funniest part of their evals is the Draft position they give at the end. I really don't believe they have any skills evaluating players, but to go as far as a draft projection 4 years into the future is just ridiculous.I can't believe anyone would take their prospect evals seriously, they simply ride the coat tails of current winners.

I must admit, the funniest part of their evals is the Draft position they give at the end. I really don't believe they have any skills evaluating players, but to go as far as a draft projection 4 years into the future is just ridiculous.I can't believe anyone would take their prospect evals seriously, they simply ride the coat tails of current winners.
well, to be fair, their hit rate on 5*'s has gotten better, as far as draft projections go, over the last 10 years....it gets a lot harder, obviously, the further down the boards you go...but the top of the board, i think i saw something yesterday stating they were at or near 65% on 5*'s that got drafted?

not to shabby all things considered.

VN Store

Back