'25 TX LB Kelvion Riggins (Texas A&M Commit)

Texas LB Kelvion Riggins is high on Tennesseeā€™s radar and the interest is mutual. He has built a strong relationship with Brian Jean-Mary and sees a clear line of development for young guys in his room. He likes what the defensive scheme offers linebackers, as he feels it meshes very well with his skill set. He plans to be back on campus in the spring, and he has already said the Vols will be a school that gets an official visit from him during the summer. He plans to decide before his senior season starts.
-VQ

ā€œFirst of all, they offered me very early during my freshman year, they were the biggest school for me at that time,ā€ Riggins said of the relationship with Tennessee. ā€œDuring freshman year, I would call them and they would pick up really quickly. Now, they contact me all the time. We talk all the time. It is a great relationship with them.ā€ Tennessee extending an offer at such an early part in his process made a big impression on Riggins. ā€œBeing able to watch them play since the offer and watching them coach, Coach BJ and Coach Heup are all great coaches. So it has been great.ā€
ā€œHe will always keep it one hundred with you,ā€ Riggins said about Brian Jean-Mary. ā€œHe will let you know his plans and what the outcome will be. I really like that about him.ā€ ā€œThose boys trust him with anything and everything,ā€ he said. ā€œThey trust him on and off the field. They love his coaching, and you can tell that it stands out on the field.ā€ ā€œIt is an awesome fit,ā€ Riggins said of this. ā€œEver since my first visit up there, when I was able to stand in the room with the linebackers and Coach BJ and see how he shows them film and breaks it down and seeing how they blitz and drop, it is just how I would do it.ā€
Riggins plans to return to Knoxville in the spring to watch one of Tennesseeā€™s practices and also plans to return in early June for an official visit with the Vols. Riggins plans to make a decision sometime before his senior season starts. ā€œI would say the way I am able to communicate with everyone and the way they believe in the program,ā€ he said. ā€œI want to learn more about their morals and where they see the program heading. I want to make sure everyone is on the same page.ā€
-VQ

undersized but really good. Like Dat Nguyen and the wrecking crew back in 1990s.

I remember when Nguyen and Al Wilson played in the Senior Bowl together.

Reactions: rgvol and bigl3327

VN Store

Back