Two starters who entered the portal will stay

I have to ask... If they did what the coaches asked them to do regarding their "recruiting assistance" or accepted money or gifts like many, many high caliber players do... Why would that make them cancers? I think your thinking is bass ackwards.
I get your point and agree with you about doing what their coaches told them to do regarding accepting the assistance.

What I was thinking about as far as my 'cancer' statement was, and this is the part we may never know, IF the player initiated the cash transaction (i.e. the player asked for cash to stay / commit) then we do not need that in the culture.

I get your point and agree with you about doing what their coaches told them to do regarding accepting the assistance.

What I was thinking about as far as my 'cancer' statement was, and this is the part we may never know, IF the player initiated the cash transaction (i.e. the player asked for cash to stay / commit) then we do not need that in the culture.

I can get that point. I just think it's probably just a coach offered thing. But how should I know.

I can get that point. I just think it's probably just a coach offered thing. But how should I know.
True. None of us will likely ever know all the details about whether guys were offered, or if they asked.
For grins and giggles today, I dusted off the old movie Blue Chips today and watched it...eerie, eerie, parallels going on right now, I think.

Is tee hodge still in the mix at running back

I would think so, another guy to show how POTENTIALLY deep we are. Of course this does not count the fast incoming freshman from SC`

edited to add.. I put up a post a few days back where I stated we have great athletic skill position players all over the offense. By this I mean they are bigger or faster or more athletic, some a mix of these elements. And the QB room is over all better too. Don't know if we have the OL to take advantage of them, but I will hope some of our guys are healthier, some are older, and maybe add one from the portal and get to above average SEC level. It depends on how many we hold on to at some positions across the board. So there is hope.

Last edited:
Dang!! I just donated my Vols #2 jersey to Goodwill along with some other clothes.

I am sure someone will use them. For what? Instead of getting profane, let's just say there might be a multitude of differing ideas.

VN Store

Back