TV, movies, music, Books and whatnot.

I'm gonna watch wakanda forever. Mad I had to stinking upgrade though. I had the regular package with ads, and it's worked fine. Canceled live tv a couple of weeks ago until football. Tried turning it on, and it said it wasn't available on my roku. I googled it, and apparently roku and Disney are at odds over splitting ad money. Not a word about it when we went with the package with ads though.
Type "format c:" and call @theFallGuy

I'm gonna watch wakanda forever. Mad I had to stinking upgrade though. I had the regular package with ads, and it's worked fine. Canceled live tv a couple of weeks ago until football. Tried turning it on, and it said it wasn't available on my roku. I googled it, and apparently roku and Disney are at odds over splitting ad money. Not a word about it when we went with the package with ads though.
Check out a Amazon stick.

Reactions: Toucan Sam
A show called Vera showed up on Britbox.
Has anyone seen it? Apparently S1 was 10 or so years ago.

A show called Vera showed up on Britbox.
Has anyone seen it? Apparently S1 was 10 or so years ago.
If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s based on a great police detective series by Ann Cleeves about a veteran detective named Vera Stanhope, set in Yorkshire. The book series was excellent, and the 2-3 shows I watched were very good and faithful to the books.

Those who require their female TV cops to look like Mariska Hargitay can move along. Her appearance is part of the character, aka a real and believable human being.

Last edited:
If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s based on a great police detective series by Ann Cleeves about a veteran detective in Yorkshire named Vera Stanhope, set in Yorkshire. The book series was excellent, and the 2-3 shows I watched were very good and faithful to the books.

Those who require their female TV cops to look like Mariska Hargitay can move along. Her appearance is part of the character, aka a real and believable human being.
I like the actress a lot.
She played the British wife/psychiatrist of one of Claude Montgomery's (Billy Bob T) brothers in Daddy & Them.
I get what you say about Hargitay. I like her in that character, though.
I thought that first season of Broadchurch with Olivia Coleman and David Tennent (sp?) was great, because the characters were so flawed and believable. I get what you're saying 100 percent. Coleman was great in that role.

Edit: and yes that is the show. I've watched the Father Brown and Sister Boniface shows, and I bet that's why Vera showed up.

Reactions: VolNExile
I like the actress a lot.
She played the British wife/psychiatrist of one of Claude Montgomery's (Billy Bob T) brothers in Daddy & Them.
I get what you say about Hargitay. I like her in that character, though.
I thought that first season of Broadchurch with Olivia Coleman and David Tennent (sp?) was great, because the characters were so flawed and believable. I get what you're saying 100 percent. Coleman was great in that role.

Edit: and yes that is the show. I've watched the Father Brown and Sister Boniface shows, and I bet that's why Vera showed up.
I love Mariska Hargitay. I just get tired of the comments on non-gorgeous appearance. The Brits seem to do a better job of letting characters look like everyday peeps. It makes for more convincing shows.

I love Mariska Hargitay. I just get tired of the comments on non-gorgeous appearance. The Brits seem to do a better job of letting characters look like everyday peeps. It makes for more convincing shows.
I watch a lot of the shows on Acorn and Britbox. I get those as part of my Prime membership. I really liked The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher on Prime. Also that version of A Murder is Announced with the dude who played Lupin in the Potter films (Dan Thewlis?) is one of the best adaptations of that I have ever seen. Malkovich in The ABC Murders (I think a Prime mini-series) is excellent, also.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, it’s based on a great police detective series by Ann Cleeves about a veteran detective named Vera Stanhope, set in Yorkshire. The book series was excellent, and the 2-3 shows I watched were very good and faithful to the books.

Brenda Blethyn fulfills the role of Vera Stanhope as well as one could wish.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back