Turning Against Pruitt

THE Buffoonery was giving Pruitt an extension and raise when it was totally unwarranted. WTH was that about? Showing False Confidence? Why not let this year play out; Then do something? How Smart would you feel right about now; Phil?

Pruitt probably showed signs of fatigue during the spring when he found out he was going to have to field a team with very limited practice and Phil decided to throw a new contract at him to avoid another coaching search this January.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Hugh Freeze would eat the corn out of..... NM but he would crawl here from Lynchburg
I'm no judge of football coaches, but this was the answer I came to as well. The original question being "Who out there is better and really wants to come to Tennessee."

How is it “productive” to support the coach on this site? Seriously?

How on earth would me or anyone “not supporting the coach” on this site be part of the problem?

Maybe......just maybe, Pruitt isn’t the solution. Hey I don’t know.....but let’s just pretend. “If” he isn’t......and “if” things are bad....and “if” things continue to be bad......wouldn’t THAT be at least “part” of the problem.....and not really ME.....at all.....on here calling out the bad that I see......and placing that criticism on the person who is in charge.

Just a thought.

How is it productive to create more negativity? I could see that argument if there were a chance it would change anything. But it won't. Pruitt is your coach. Pruitt will be your coach next year. Pruitt will probably be your coach the year after.

Just admit you need a place to throw your tantrums and move on. At least it would be honest.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
It just gets tiring to hear all the excuses made for him... JG (who he keeps putting out there), covid, botch’s s&c, botch’s recruiting, we should cancel the bama series, uga defensive linemen move before the snap, everyone cheats except for us, lack of player development is the players’ fault, the dline coach has philosophical differences, refs hate us, the SEC offices hate us, we should wait until every single player on the roster was recruited by pruitt (and you can’t include his first class, because botch probably talked to those players at some point), etc, etc, etc....

I just want some positive reasons to keep him instead of excuses for why we shouldn’t fire him. And not hypothetical positive reasons... ‘If (insert hypothetical here), then we would compete with bama, uga, and uf, and be on our way to the playoffs.’
You got me. I can't think of any positives.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
How is it productive to create more negativity? I could see that argument if there were a chance it would change anything. But it won't. Pruitt is your coach. Pruitt will be your coach next year. Pruitt will probably be your coach the year after.

Just admit you need a place to throw your tantrums and move on. At least it would be honest.

You don’t know me in the least.
I get on here and call it how I see it.....because this isn’t necessarily just a sunshine site.

Lol

I think you....and many others think a site like this has power or something.

How on earth am I or anyone on here contributing to Tennessee productivity or their lack of productivity?

I’m on here being negative......when I see it.....lately there’s been a lot. This site is the correct place to do so. Pruitt is also the correct person to lay the criticism on. He is in charge.......the coach, the team, do not see my criticism.....if they did their looking for it.

You keep trying to tear folks down......you keep being you......and I’ll keep calling out the good, the bad and the ugly.......I’ll keep being me.

I agree...Butch not off payroll yet until I think Feb. Arguably, we are a QB away from being mid-upper tier. Before flaming me away, we were hanging on for first half vs UGA, then came 4 turnovers. Same vs KY...the turnovers by QB. Bama we were out matched, but mentally, if we didn't fumble right out of half time, and we actually scored or moved the ball on first possession in 3rd qtr, we'd have still been in decent range to keep fighting. All of those turnovers totally took the air out of our games. Maurer is our most mobile QB, not counting the frosh who's not getting reps. Make the defenses defend the QB run. JG can't run, though he did have probably his best run in his career on Saturday for a first down.
Great teams don't "hang on"

Way too early to turn on Pruitt. We're 2-3 when we should be 3-2 right now. Not a "sky is falling" scenario. Our roster is much better overall, and a few more difference-makers on the defensive line would really help us see that improvement.

Now... that being said, Pruitt & Chaney HAVE to cut it loose on offense to give this team its best chance to win games and maintain confidence in its play. Whether it's JG (I'm finally on the bandwagon of making a change) or another QB, we can't call uber-conservative games with this roster... let it rip and see what your team is made of.

Covid prolly screwed up throwing money at a big name to get Tennessee on their radar.

Don't worry though fellas, if I win the powerball, Tennessee is getting any coach we want
No way in hell I'm giving my Powerball winnings to UT unless they allow me to hire the next coach, which isn't going to happen

Remember, we just did a coaching search and there wasn't a lot of knockdown options. Some will say Leach, but look at Miss St! Who out there is better and really wants to come to Tennessee to be Head Football Coach?

and please dont give me schiano.....
Leach is a better coach than Pruitt and is proven. Let’s give him 3 years before we judge him. Remember leach is in his 1st season with another coaches players. Let him get his players fully and then let’s judge in 3 to 4 years.

I think we might as well just ride him out and let him learn. Dabo's 3rd year they were 6-7. Ed O was awful at Ole Miss and has one of the best seasons ever last year. He's still young for a head coach. What's the point of starting over again? So we can be in this situation again in 3 years?

I've been disappointed this year obviously, but there have been some encouraging signs. I honestly feel like we're a difference maker away at QB from being very good. Weinke needs to go clearly. Friend is certainly on the chopping block as well, but the OL has been really good at times, though they have been just inconsistent as well. Some of that could be on the QB and RBs too.

Look this is a weird year. We lost some much practice time in the spring and fall, lost our S&C guy as well. Nothing has gone right by any means. We just need to use the rest of the year to build for next year and win whatever games we can for the rest of the year. I want to see Maurer or Bailey starting, more time for the young WRs and at least a little time for the running backs. Beckwith will hopefully see the field as well at either running back or TE/WR (TE needs a playmaker out there). D Line needs to make more plays. Secondary needs to figure it out and create more turnovers. Linebackers need to cover better. Offense needs more quick hitting plays like screens and slants, could also do with more work from the I formation and some play action (which worked well against Bama).

Besides which, we’re not firing a coach in this financial climate. This athletic department was already not where it wants to be financially. COVID has schools cutting programs and cutting salaries. We can’t afford to fire/hire the football staff right now. Or next year.

Pruitt is our coach. Our only productive option is to support him. Be part of the solution or be part of the problem.
He still has some learning to do himself, also.

No one is getting fired , but you don't give people extensions before the year even starts... He's got a 5 game season and he probably needs to find a way to get to 5-5 so they can consider giving him another raise and extension, it's how they roll. I'm not even mad at Pruitt , but you have to laugh at how UT runs their program.. It's no wonder it's been in the gutter for so long. Bonehead seems to be in style up there.

coaches pay should be a moderate salary with huge bonuses for performance. W/L record, division and conference championships. Pay them what they earn! No more, no less.

Remember, we just did a coaching search and there wasn't a lot of knockdown options. Some will say Leach, but look at Miss St! Who out there is better and really wants to come to Tennessee to be Head Football Coach?

and please dont give me schiano.....

Nothing is going to change at UT, not a coaching change and no winning

Get Used to It

Maybe, but Miles only has a few years left because of his age. Freeze would be in it for the long haul
I got laughed off the board when I called for Les Miles to be hired.
Same deal as basketball really. We can forget about competing for championships anytime soon. What we need is stability! A proven coach to right the ship, keep it from completely sinking to the bottom and set the stage for the next guy. Well, at least that’s what I thought about Barnes. I guess I was just a little bit off on the Barnes being a foundation laying coach for the next guy.
GBO!!

It's not about who wants to come to Tennessee. It's about are you willing to pay the money to make Tennessee dominant again.
Alabama was a dumpster fire 🔥 before Saban arrived, he also went 6-6 his first year.
They paid Saban big bucks to make them a winner and he has.

VN Store

Back